American MilSim
Alex AMS

Operation Broken Home V Rule Changes

Folks, I believe the intent of the new "Resupply" rule is to allow continued combat operations in-field. This rule can be used to prevent the need to leave the AO to reload at the FOB. Some coordination will be needed to be successful and that is just going to heighten the intensity of the game and allow us the means to stay in the game instead of walking back to the FOB to refit if your not KIA already.

No comms? No problem. Just return to your FOB and reload as normal.

Worried about someone jacking your BBs? No problem. Just returned to your FOB and reload as normal.

People complain about the long walks at BH, and this rule can help alleviate some of them.

The magazine restrictions are to force smarter play and help move us away from ammo dumping grind fests. We all have options in what equipment we "choose" to buy. As someone who works in an Airsoft shop I forewarn my customers all the time that some Weapons Systems will have their limitations, some of them being limited magazine availability or ammo holding capacity. Magazine restrictions should not cause one to lose heart, but push the envolope of someone skills in testing them. If you rather ammo dump than think, I can understand your concerns.

There are many players who have been running GBB rifles for years and don't complain about their limited ammo capacity against their AEG competition. Candy and TRex are the first that come to mind and those guys aren't sucky players from my experience and create a lot of damage on the field; even with limited ammo capacity.

If you don't like how a rule effects your equipment, it may be time to re-evaluate your equipment and make changes. If not, rise to the challenge or (hopefully not) don't participate if you feel that strongly about giving it a chance. Choices, you know?

Most people don't seem to have too many issues with the new vehicle rules. I personally like the new vehicle rules as I found last year POVs a tad too overpowered is a game mechanic.

Overall I'm personally excited about these new changes. I also humbly respect a fellow players and their opinions on the matter and I'm positive that when the dust settles the AMS crew will have figured out the best way to further our experiences in a positive direction at their events. As part of leadership I must state that these are my opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of anybody else involved in command with me or anyone involved in AMS operations in general.

Thanks folks! Let's keep up the dialogue.

Yuk.  He is wise beyond his years.  

On an additional note....

IF you happen to be a person inclined to run in the UFS faction...

and IF you are a person that has no problem being vocal on these forums and / or social media...

THEN MAYBE you should DO SOMETHING!  

Perhaps volunteer to be a platoon leader...  ill even program your radio for you.

:) 

Radio communication can be an issue at BH

Command and control can be an issue, mostly because of the radios

Logistics is a huge issue in real warfare

I see these rule changes as an attempt by AMS to push us the players to do a better job with radios and coordination

If we want to keep shooting - and we all do - it'll force us to keep tabs on our supply chain

I'm glad they're trying it.

Related to the ammo cache's and supply sgts/logistics squads.  

The intent is to relay through your platoon leaders when you need re-supply.  You can still receive a re-supply even if your squad is separated, it just has to be relayed through the platoon.  Typically squads don't have a direct line to Battalion anyway.  Boxes are most likely going to be squad based, and not platoon based.  This will mean that there will be a limited number of people with access to your stuff.  This means that there will be approx 4 boxes per platoon.  The current intent is also for them to be locking boxes, with combination locks that only that squad has the combo to.  AMS will supply the locks, and the boxes so that we don't have a million types and shapes of boxes.  The factions will have a staff that is devoted solely to supplies.  Supplies may also include water, and supplies needed for frago missions.  The hope is also that this will force Platoons to stay together more, and less lone wolfing it.  This really only enforces no reloading in the field to a better degree.  We are not planning on using Mobile Respawn Points at this event, so you would only have your FOB to reload at anyway if we didn't have logistics pushing supplies forward.  There will be a couple of other things related to re-spawning and re-loading, but that's more in the game design realm then this current rule shift.  Some of the finer details will be released after a trial at ESR-19 with input from the UFS command staff, but the basic concept will remain the same.

In relation to the hundred dollar bill for a security deposit, the only thing that should be in your box, should be bb's, and mabye nerf rockets or tag rounds.  If you want to leave the stuff in a backpack or another box at your FOB, this is also acceptable.  That would be no different then how it has been done in the past, you just also have the option of having someone bring you your stuff instead of you having to go back and get it.  That's not a requirement, but your going to be handicapping yourself if you don't utilize it.

I am interested in seeing how this plays out.  Huge AO, poor radio skills and breakdowns always plague this event, mixing of ammo with others that you pay for and haul to the event, breakdown of command structure after hour one that always happens ( dont kid yourself we know this is the case) Potential for hours on end sitting and waiting on a resupply that went to cool guy super squad instead... I can see this working out well and good at a smaller AO like ESR but DDAY is MASSIVE. We have seen in previous years it is hard enough to find admin when there is a issue much less your own ammo.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've content at keeping ammo and all my extra sh*t at our Base of command out in the field for convenience and relative ease of access. 

So.... after an ammo drop, we can reload in the field, right? No spare ammo on our person? How is that gonna work when you get your ammo drop, you pull a bag of 3000, fill all your mags and have 1000 rounds left over and the ammo truck is gone to go deliver to someone else?

We have done this kind of ammo control before back when it was still called "Invasion". It's not so bad.

Since I'm not familiar with this whole shooting thing. How much ammo do all of you go through and how many resupply drops would you expect to have? So in the past how many times did you have to walk back and forth to your FOBs? 

As I stated in one of the other postings about this rule change, Squad reconsolidation/reconstitution is allowed and is in use in the real world. Making this play inline with how a battle would occur.

For that Moonball43 guy. I, not coming from where you did, would prep my boxes in the cantonment area to be able to pull individual bags of a smaller quantity IOT ensure I stayed within the limits and only sit on the sidelines for the least amount of time.

I for one am just excited to see that there is a strong push to reward team play, that is after all the point of going to an event like this large scale combat and teamwork. The way I see it is you have all the opportunity in the world to play basic shoot em up at local fields. Just as you would not try to play in a CQC environment as you would a field environment why would you play in an AMS event (or any Milsim event) like you would a small round by round shoot em up atmosphere, apples and oranges people. Talk to people make new friends remember at the end of the day the goal is to say WE did that.

So.... after an ammo drop, we can reload in the field, right? No spare ammo on our person? How is that gonna work when you get your ammo drop, you pull a bag of 3000, fill all your mags and have 1000 rounds left over and the ammo truck is gone to go deliver to someone else?

We have done this kind of ammo control before back when it was still called "Invasion". It's not so bad.

The supply run will wait for you to re-load, and then leave with all of your extra stuff.  Don't lally gag, there are other people waiting on you.  This is why it is expected to occur at the Platoon Level.

Not sure if this will apply at BH5 but at ESR4 the Resupply was attackable and had to return to the FOB if it was struck by a rocket. Dont be completely reliant on the Resupply to make it to where you are at. 

I am with Zone on this one. Being a sniper, we are often WAY outside the normal distance from ammo caches and are often cut off via comms due to terrain. Having a fair amount of ammo on hand prevents significant game time being wasted walking forever to find resupply cache if needed.

Im all for whatever. I was against semi-auto when it first released but now I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm going to enjoy the challenge presented by these new rules and I'll to my best to keep my platoon supplied! GJ guys.

I personally like the 7 mag restriction. This is coming from a person that doesn't spray and pray....... That said.... I'm not sold on the ammo drop points.  A typical resupply box will have hundreds of dollars of equipment and BBs in them and my fear is that they will come up missing.  A couple of other things to consider is that.... what if I run out of ammo... I call for my box.  I wait...... wait..... wait and it never shows..... I hike back to the FOB..... my box was picked up (in route to me)..... so I wait till it gets back...... I could easily see wasting hours for a simple ammo resupply....   I get the fact that waiting for ammo can add a cool aspect especially when something is under contention however I see HUGE potential for long periods of missed game play.....  I'm ok with missing a little game play however hours of game play would be a big disappointment.....

I wish I knew of solutions to offer because the concept is good..... but I don't think its feasible....  In the spirit of helping can anyone offer a solution to AMS that will allow them to keep the spirit of the rule change?

Soda,

Good leadership, and proper planning on their part will ensure that issues of supply get sorted out with minimal fuss....

The theory is that by providing a challenging job opportunity for the Chain of Command that competent people will WANT to do it, and do it well.

As it stands at normal airsoft games nobody in their right mind wants to be in charge because it is a goat-roping-cat-herding-hair-pulling trauma.

Hopefully people see the chance to do good work in the Command levels and step up.  Hopefully this is what will happen over the next few events/years at AMS.  I know it has worked well in smaller events where the realism has been cranked up a few notches, and it would be great to see it working in a larger event. 

(I agree with you, however, that in the current environment it will be rife with problems)

The brute force way to fix this is for AMS to provide the ammo (all the same type mostly) and then it doesn't matter which box shows up as your resupply.

Central War Gaming has done this to good effect, but is much smaller, and has a clientele that is clamoring for that option.

Here are two CWG players carrying the ammo cans with the event supplied BBs.

26168457441_9d97b807af_z.jpg

This sort of option however DOES NOT negate the actual issues with Command sending the resupply.  Regardless of what is inside the boxes, you still have to get the box!