American MilSim
Alex AMS

OBH V Rule Changes

The following will be different at Operation Broken Home V.  The ruleset will not reflect these changes until after OP ESR-19 (4)

Vehicles:

-After 1st Rocket hit, vehicle is disabled, and has a 5 minute burn out time, after 5 mins, everyone in it is dead.

-After 2nd Rocket hit, vehicle is destroyed, and everyone inside is dead.

-There are no more transport vehicles, and gun trucks.  Only one type of vehicle, based on a current gun truck ruleset.  The different vehicle types will no longer exist. 

-All windows must be down, including drivers window.

-Driver must wear full face protection.  (Goggles and lower mask are ok)

-No treating of wounded players inside vehicles.

-Ammo restricted to twice the amount of dismounted SSW class (this may change from event to event)

-Limit of two Mounted weapons systems on vehicles

Non Vehicles:

-Limit rifleman, DMR, and Sniper to 7 magazines.

-Limit SSW to 3000 rounds loaded in magaines.

-No Ammo will be carried in the field.  Faction Supply personal will coordinate re-supply.  Each Platoon will have a re-supply box that the Platoon fills with their own ammo, and is delivered to Squads/Platoons in the field.

Edited by Alex AMS
One thing left out, Sorry guys

Yes, you can re-load at your FOB from your own stash.  There is no round count, only the number of magazines.  They can not be winding magazines, but if you want to run 180 round midcap mags instead of 120, that is fine.  7 including the one in the gun.

Guest Specs

No Ammo will be carried in the field.  Faction Supply personal will coordinate re-supply.  Each Platoon will have a re-supply box that the Platoon fills with their own ammo, and is delivered to Squads/Platoons in the field.

I'm sure this rule in particular will see some updating throughout the year, but should we assume that it will all be in one lump sum, delivered to an MRP or something similar? Or will staff be divvying up, or rely on the players to divy their portions to be spread out for multiple deliveries?

This is a particularly tricky rule to implement for large AO's like BH as it's easy and common for squads to get split up or lose radio contact, which could make it difficult for players to locate their cache once delivered. (Perhaps the delivery location is something that could be told to the platoon prior STARTEX/Insertion?)

-Reposted in the more up-to-date ruleset update thread.-

Edited by Specs

So does that 7-magazine limit include pistol magazines?

This seems like it benefits M4 AEG users who have access to 190rnd midcaps over everyone else. Seems like it's supposed to prevent said users from over-loading, but it ends up hurting everyone else, like GBBR and real-cap players. Heck, it hurts every player that doesn't want to run a gun with a STANAG magwell, like me and my MP5 magazines. Wouldn't it be better and more fair to distribute bbs to the players yourselves if this is the intent? I'm sure a bb provider would love the publicity.

No Ammo will be carried in the field. Faction Supply personal will coordinate re-supply. Each Platoon will have a re-supply box that the Platoon fills with their own ammo, and is delivered to Squads/Platoons in the field.

I'm sure this rule in particular will see some updating throughout the year, but should we assume that it will all be in one lump sum, delivered to an MRP or something similar? Or will staff be divvying up, or rely on the players to divy their portions to be spread out for multiple deliveries?

This is a particularly tricky rule to implement for large AO's like BH as it's easy and common for squads to get split up or lose radio contact, which could make it difficult for players to locate their cache once delivered. (Perhaps the delivery location is something that could be told to the platoon prior STARTEX/Insertion?)

-Reposted in the more up-to-date ruleset update thread.-

The intent to my understanding is to allow a means of continued in-field combat operations by having the ability to call in an ammo resupply. Hence this would actually allow for players to reload in the field, if resupplied, and not have to go back to the FOB or MRPs.

Regular reloading at FOBs will still be allowed to my understanding.

I personally view it as a new game mechanic that needed rules to be implemented. I feel that is not a new rule to replace the old version necessarily.

I view the magazine (and in essence ammunition) restriction rules as a means to develop and force smarter game play. Honestly I feel it is not an attempt to hinder players' ability to have a good time but to put more of a focus on tactics and strategy versus ammo dumping.

All these people complaining about how it hinders GBBR/real cap users.

How many of them actually use more than 7 mags?

Not many.

They already have the leg up on trigger control vs spamming the trigger and wasting rds.

Guest Specs

The intent to my understanding is to allow a means of continued in-field combat operations by having the ability to call in an ammo resupply. Hence this would actually allow for players to reload in the field, if resupplied, and not have to go back to the FOB or MRPs.

Regular reloading at FOBs will still be allowed to my understanding.

I personally view it as a new game mechanic that needed rules to be implemented. I feel that is not a new rule to replace the old version necessarily.

I think it's just an issue for larger AO's like BH where platoons and squads are commonly split or radio's go down. Clearly it's the PL's duty to have the proper comms setup for that situation, but if you or your guys are separated from your platoon (or are delegated a sub-objective by your PL that would require you to split), those all cause barriers for the average player and particularly new guys to getting the ammo they need to play. On smaller AO's it likely wouldn't be a problem, but that's why many people pack all their ammo on their person for BH, so you don't have that 30 minute walk back to FOB. 

I'll honestly admit, that after me and my guys left UFS FOB at BH4, we couldn't find our way back to get our gear without admin assistance. Even with the help of the event map. 

I love the idea, but the difficulty just scales dramatically for the player with AO size. Sure, veteran players could manage and orient themselves without issue, and AMS staff will have things sorted properly, but the new guy will have issues.

It might just have to come down to giving up player BB choice, and charging an ammo fee like MSW does. Then any player could reload from any faction cache delivered to any MRP.

So I am supposed to drop my bb's into a huge box with everybody else, and somehow trust that they do not take mine for their own...? Feel free to drop a $100 bill in my pocket as a security deposit.

No trying to be a smart ass, but...

How would this be any different with you leaving BBs at the FOB vs. in a squad crate labeled with your name? 

Keep in mind the crates will be locked with a combination lock that each squad member will have.

Related to the ammo cache's and supply sgts/logistics squads.  

The intent is to relay through your platoon leaders when you need re-supply.  You can still receive a re-supply even if your squad is separated, it just has to be relayed through the platoon.  Typically squads don't have a direct line to Battalion anyway.  Boxes are most likely going to be squad based, and not platoon based.  This will mean that there will be a limited number of people with access to your stuff.  This means that there will be approx 4 boxes per platoon.  The current intent is also for them to be locking boxes, with combination locks that only that squad has the combo to.  The factions will have a staff that is devoted solely to supplies.  Supplies may also include water, and supplies needed for frago missions.  The hope is also that this will force Platoons to stay together more, and less lone wolfing it.  This really only enforces no reloading in the field to a better degree.  We are not planning on using Mobile Respawn Points at this event, so you would only have your FOB to reload at anyway if we didn't have logistics pushing supplies forward.  There will be a couple of other things related to re-spawning and re-loading, but that's more in the game design realm then this current rule shift.  Some of the finer details will be released after a trial at ESR-19 with input from the UFS command staff, but the basic concept will remain the same.

In relation to the hundred dollar bill for a security deposit, the only thing that should be in your box, should be bb's, and mabye nerf rockets or tag rounds.  If you want to leave the stuff in a backpack or another box at your FOB, this is also acceptable.  That would be no different then how it has been done in the past, you just also have the option of having someone bring you your stuff instead of you having to go back and get it.  That's not a requirement, but your going to be handicapping yourself if you don't utilize it.

For the re-supply thing. Does this mean that lets say im rolling with my squad and i dump all my rounds covering them to move. When i want to re-supply does this mean my SL has to call in a re-supply or can i call it in and go on my own. 

You yourself most likely will not have comms with higher.  You will have to run it through your squad leader, and he will run it through the platoon.  Each faction will most likely come up with their own exact protocol for the request of re-supply.

You yourself most likely will not have comms with higher.  You will have to run it through your squad leader, and he will run it through the platoon.  Each faction will most likely come up with their own exact protocol for the request of re-supply.

Thanks for the clarification. If we just want to be safe than sorry we can still re-supply at fob?

So when you comment that each faction will have a staff dedicated to supplies, this means there will be AMS cadre tasked with being the runners for these boxes, or players may have a new option in the 'Support Staff' category?

Either way, sounds like an awesome mechanic, and I hope the trial run proves successful! 

Contrary to how it may sound I like the idea that we are now having a gun to our head telling us to play nice and pretend to kill each other, now you play as a team or have a hell of a time finding ammo. 

AMS will not be providing logistics staff.  There are already people who were interested in this capacity. 

Just out of curiosity. Are these people going to be considered active players? As in would they be able to exchange fire with members of the other factions? I like the idea of being able to cut off the enemy's resupply.