American MilSim
Alex AMS

Scouts Description

The UFS Scouts will be operating in the active AO from 2300 on Friday to 1400 on Sunday. 

They are expected to conduct combat operations continually throughout that time. 

There will not be any trips back to camping / staging for  enlisted Scouts.  If you go AWOL, then you are separated from the Scouts, and returned back to a Conventional Line Infantry Unit. 

UFS Scouts are tasked to deploy ahead of the Conventional Federal Forces and establish locations for Patrol Bases, Fire Bases, Supply Drops, and Observation Posts. 

Forces must be prepared to insert by foot, carrying all required gear for the weekend, to include sleeping gear, food, batteries, etc. 

Scouts will link up with Conventional Ground Forces during large Operations and provide guidance, and intel regarding their assigned AO.

Scouts will accomplish time sensitive FRAGO missions prior to the arrival of, and in support of the main Conventional Force.

Alex,

I know I am way ahead of the curve so don't feel like you need to answer right now. I am just excited and before I forget I am going to push questions up to be answered at a later date.

The 40hr sustainment is not an issue with weapons being the only possible exception. Not the batteries, bbs, etc but the weapons themselves. We all know airsoft weapons are not as durable as real steel. I use KWA and have never had a problem but I always have more than one at the site in case of catastrophic failure.

In the post above you said going AWOL and returning to staging will result in a Scout's return to an infantry unit. Clearly humping a second AEG is a feasible but not optimal nor realistic scenario. My thought is to give a locked case to my command/S-4/G-4 to be stored at the FOB? Or I could drop it there prior to setting off on patrol.

In the event of a weapon failure and between missions I could then return to the FOB to switch out. Is this acceptable?

Thanks,

Badger

Guest Specs

In the event of a weapon failure and between missions I could then return to the FOB to switch out. Is this acceptable?

I would assume that the nature of these recon positions will be very greenside in nature. In setting up these initial MRPs as your faction's starting point, you would want to avoid contact and move as low key as possible. Due to that RoE, you probably wouldn't be doing much shooting for the first half of the event.

I would assume that the nature of these recon positions will be very greenside in nature. In setting up these initial MRPs as your faction's starting point, you would want to avoid contact and move as low key as possible. Due to that RoE, you probably wouldn't be doing much shooting for the first half of the event.

Totally get that and fully agree.  I am just running through contingencies for planning purposes.

There will be contingencies in place for things of that nature.  Were working on putting it all down currently due to the nature of forums questions such as "what about this one hypothetical scenario" type thing.  Medication, down weapons, these are all contingencies that we are currently trying to plan for.  The scout Patrol Base will be separate from the primary FOB of the main faction.  We are working on contingencies for items such as scuba tanks, water, and additional weapons. 

There will be contingencies in place for things of that nature. Were working on putting it all down currently due to the nature of forums questions such as "what about this one hypothetical scenario" type thing. Medication, down weapons, these are all contingencies that we are currently trying to plan for. The scout Patrol Base will be separate from the primary FOB of the main faction. We are working on contingencies for items such as scuba tanks, water, and additional weapons.

Alex,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I figured you guys were busy with that stuff but wanted ti get it out there before I forgot.

And one other thing.... SCUBA Tanks? You mean I finally get to break out the rebreather and do an OTB airsoft op? Sweet! Just kidding of course... but a person can drean, right?

In reference to the no electronics for scouts...

I agree that we don't need the cameras for the "glory whores", but i think technology is a real aspect of this role. Personally I think that the rule should be amended to limit technology to certain functions. Now a days its no longer a Grid Coordinate Scale with a map and shootizing azimuths with a 8 digit grid coordinate but more of a GPS point and click thing. Also with the relaying of information it's very difficult at the Dday Park. The contour of the land and vast foliage really make it hard for our BAEOFANGS to reach a substantial distance. If I'm out of line let me know I will cease fire. THANKS!

Hey guys. I'm 17 and having attended Camp Wolverine last year and attending several other milsim ops, I was wondering if it is acceptable for me to join the scouts? 

If this is your first AMS / OBH event I'd recommend not running as a UFS Scout.

In reference to the no electronics for scouts...

I agree that we don't need the cameras for the "glory whores", but i think technology is a real aspect of this role. Personally I think that the rule should be amended to limit technology to certain functions. Now a days its no longer a Grid Coordinate Scale with a map and shootizing azimuths with a 8 digit grid coordinate but more of a GPS point and click thing. Also with the relaying of information it's very difficult at the Dday Park. The contour of the land and vast foliage really make it hard for our BAEOFANGS to reach a substantial distance. If I'm out of line let me know I will cease fire. THANKS!

It doesn't say no electronics, it simply states no cell phones or cameras.  This was intended to be deleted, and has since been fixed.

The contour of the land and vast foliage really make it hard for our BAEOFANGS to reach a substantial distance. If I'm out of line let me know I will cease fire. THANKS!

Roll up N9TAX Slim Jim or Ed Fong J-Pole, fishing line/gutted 550 cord, and some kind of line weight and hoist that roll up antenna into a tree. This would be something you'd setup in an LP/OP as it's not something you can really use on the move. Antenna height is your friend.

Even more hi-tech would be to hump in a tactical repeater and place it on the highest point on the field preferable centralized but aslong as it's high and has good "view" of the AO.

By allowing the use of camera's I can only assume there will be some sort of greenside reconnaissance roll. If this is the case, stop I can only get so erect! DSLR + telephoto lens + enemy troop movements = my immersions. This new roll really has me intrigued.