American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

Type of Vests

I plan on running my ak, and have ak pouches on my plate carrier, but also have a load bearing kit in the mail that has ak pouches. I was wondering if it matters whether if you wore plate carriers, chest rigs, or load bearing kit.

That stuff is personal preference I'm aware of no rule that would keep you from wearing any of those different styles.

Guest Specs

Run whatever gear you want in whatever color you want! As long as your pants, top, and headgear match your faction requirements, you're good to go.

If you wanted to wear ranger green coveralls (on cost) and sling your gun and stick your mags in your pockets. Or wear full kit. The gear choice is yours. Just tops, bottems, and head gear (hats/helmets) must match team color tan/green and be in an approved camo pattern. Gear color (belts, rigs, gloves, boots, pouches...) can be any color within reason just please dont be on one team and wear so much gear colored to the other team that no one can see your uniform color.

Needs necessitate gear.  If you need to wear body armor and have 3 sq ft of PALS real estate then heck yeah.  If you want to have something a bit cooler (temperature-wise) and don't need a bunch of extra fabric hanging off of you, a chest harness is better.  If it's hot as balls and you aren't carrying a lot, get a belt kit.