American MilSim
spartanc54

Can ssw's be medics?

Call me stupid for having to ask but there was no stating in the rules for this so I figured I'd ask. I've always been a medic so it's just something I'd like to know before I switch to ssw.

Yes, but that would be a poor use of the role.

Medics need to be able to move quickly and have at least one hand free. Hard to do with most ssw's. Though now I find my self thinking about ways to make it work and kinda wanna try it...lol

I play medic a lot as well, but I use a P90.

Medics need to be able to move quickly and have at least one hand free. Hard to do with most ssw's. Though now I find my self thinking about ways to make it work and kinda wanna try it...lol

I play medic a lot as well, but I use a P90.

my biggest thing is, I've never been fast. I'm large and strong. The added weight of an LMG wouldn't really put too much of a damper on what little I can do right now.

As noted. Unless you're on the team that I'm shooting at, using your medic to carry the SSW will hamper the effectiveness of both roles. Reasoning:

(1) Medic needs to be highly mobile and light on their feet to move around under fire to bring the team back into the fight.

(2) The SSW, tactically speaking, is the most casualty producing weapon and needs to be up at all times for suppression. It is also trained to be the primary target for an opposing force for that same reason. Not something you want your medic to become.