American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

AK Problems

Ok got to ask some dumb questions first. I have the Echo 1 Rifle Dynamics AK which appears fery similar.

So, is this your first AK? And are you putting the mag in correctly.

There should be a lip on the forward faceing end of the mag that has to go in first and then the back will clip into the release lever. It can be a little tricky at first to get used to putting an AK mag in if you never have before.

I recently got a CMO47c off Evike. I have found to get the magazine it comes with to fire, you need to hold the magazine, and push the magazine upwards to get the magazine to feed properly. It is also very wobbly. The mid cap i bought to test (http://www.evike.com/products/30886/), doesn't work at all. Solutions? Recommendations?

Ok got to ask some dumb questions first. I have the Echo 1 Rifle Dynamics AK which appears fery similar.

So, is this your first AK? And are you putting the mag in correctly.

There should be a lip on the forward faceing end of the mag that has to go in first and then the back will clip into the release lever. It can be a little tricky at first to get used to putting an AK mag in if you never have before.

This sounds stupid, but the first few AKs I shot, had the same issues. I wasn't getting the magazine in correctly. Just work on putting the front in first, then working to the back (May be a bit easier too)

Building up some tape may help with the wobble but it should at least fire ok with the one it came with. If nothing you do at that level goes the next thing you will have to do is check your alingment with the hopup. AK hopups usually are scrued down rather than free floating so if it is not aligned correctly it will never feed correctly and forceing a mag could damage it. If there are still issues after that I would contact Evike about the issue.

Like I said before I have the Echo 1 RD copy of this AK and mine is fine so it could be a quality control issue.

Guest Specs

Really?! Geez, they even charge $84 more for it! Thanks for the heads up.

Echo 1 will generally swap some stuff both internally and externally, so their slight mark-up is generally due to that. You'll be getting a better AK for your money compared to the previous out of the box. (Usually a hop up upgrade and some new bearings and cylinder stuff internally. Occasionally some upgraded external furniture.)

Mag fit is generally a case by case basis unfortunately as some companies produce their receivers in slightly different dimensions. Chances are however that your AK has already been posted in a forum with recommended mags out there. Do a search and see if any forum discussions pop up on what brand mags fit best. 

I also have the Rifle Dynamics AK from E1 and mine fits the Matrix 170 round polymer midcaps perfectly with no wiggle. However, as those were produced by Rifle Dynamics directly rather than CYMA, I can't be sure if the same would work on your end.

Ive never had a problem with ak mags before. Granted I only have hi caps and have no experience with ak midcaps but I have 3 mags each from a different manufacturer one is crosman, one cyma, and the other unknown, but all fit perfectly with no wiggle.

I can't quiet tell you the brand of my ak cause it's a Frankenstein of six ak's though I'm pretty sure the lower receiver is cyma 028... I think.

I understand that I'm pretty late on this but I bought the same mags and have the same issue. I tried applying tape but everytime I load the mag in, the tape goes off sometimes less, sometimes more so it's never gonna stay on the mag permanently and after every reload I have to put the tape back in place which is annoying. The magazine even with the tape on still isn't feeding 100% well, it's a very "sensitive" fix so if the tape goes off just a bit too much while loading it in, it will continue on misfeeding. There needs to be a better way of fixing this problem