American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Astronic

How to Raise Money for Buying Stuff

A large help for me when I got started was I sold off half of my Warhammer 40k models from my last hobby. If you have anything from a former hobby you can sell on ebay try starting with that. Also try selling video games or dvds you no longer use online; you can get a better price for them that way normally. Finally if you have any extra appliances around the house you dont use you can sell it to a pawn shop. You wont get a lot and yes you can get more if you pawn it but that is a loan where the item is collateral not a sale.

However the best way is saving mony you get from a job.

Also if you have friends that have gear that thay dont use anymore than maybe you can help tham with something and accept the gear as payment.

As far as finding gear you can find some good used stuff on ebay and fourms, but be careful with this when looking for replica guns. I perfer being able to handle a replica in person if I am going to buy it used but gear I can fix if it is not in as good of shape as the online seller listed it as.

Airsoft is not a cheep hobby and even after you manage to save up and get a gun, eye pro, and a method of holding extra and spent mags there are field fees and supply fees to remember.

I have spent close to $4000 already in the just over 6 months I have been playing but that said I chose higher end gear and have 6 replicas. So all I have to think about now is those extra fees I mentioned and maintenance.

Thanks for the ideas. I should have said that I'm not legally able to get a job yet though. I do like the idea of selling things. I have lots of Legos lying around. I could sell those. I could probably sell some knives too. Anyway, great ideas.

Etsy is home to a jillion artists, creators, tinkerers, etc., and though they take a bit of a cut it's still the best available option for that realm. Doesn't have to be hand-drawn art either. If you build stuff, people will buy it.