Recent Facebook Activity
Upcoming Calendar Events
There are no forthcoming calendar events
Recent Status Updates
  • Photo
      15 Oct
    Mia Doll

If you really want to wear traditional dresses, just start to wear kilts. It’s the heritage of Scotland and resemblance of Scottish culture

View All Updates
June 2019
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Next Previous
Photo

No MED?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

LeviathanTM

LeviathanTM

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Is there a reason there is no MED for AEG? I understand 400> is acceptable however when we are doing inside engagements does this ever pose issues? 

Preacher07

Preacher07

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Nope. You can use safety kill but most people will not accept it! But if you get the drop on somebody they probably will take it

Zuzu

Zuzu

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

I'm relieved there's no MED and safety kills aren't expected. 

Phil Dog

Phil Dog

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

all attempting to do a safety kill will do is get you shot up, if we are being honest here.  It's big boy rules.  I'll take a hit if someone obviously has the drop on me but their gun malfunctions, but i'm not taking a "bang"

Loco Actual

Loco Actual

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationOrlando

I've seen enough "barrel in face mask half-mag treatment" videos and in-person incidents to find my position on this. If I have the drop on you, a zip to the ass or the easiest pouch/piece of gear to target is good enough. Claiming that "bang outs" are for little children and that "big kids" play without MED is doing nothing but stroking your ego. When you've had to dig BBs out of your teammates neck or sent one to the hospital to have one removed from an ear canal or had someone speed home because a tooth got completely shattered, you tend to approach parts of the game with a little less guns-a-blazin' recklessness. If someone walks up behind me and says bang...in a real life situation (which MilSim aims to replicate) they would have owned me, and I give them that courtesy. If you try to bang me from in front of me, we're both likely to catch a round or two. If someone empties on me from a barrel's distance away, I will likely end up being removed from the field. Don't be a dick.

We're your platoon's FNA contingent, and our shenanigans have reached DEFCON 4. The enemy platoons have been pushed back into a neighboring county, the objectives have been accomplished, rewritten, and accomplished again, and the enemy CO is currently being covered in paper mache and glitter to be strung as a pinata...and your cut-rate leadership program may not cover this.
Failed Ninja Academy. Fat 'N Aging. Falcons, Noticeably Azure.
FNA.

Jungle Sig

LeviathanTM

LeviathanTM

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I've seen enough "barrel in face mask half-mag treatment" videos and in-person incidents to find my position on this. If I have the drop on you, a zip to the ass or the easiest pouch/piece of gear to target is good enough. Claiming that "bang outs" are for little children and that "big kids" play without MED is doing nothing but stroking your ego. When you've had to dig BBs out of your teammates neck or sent one to the hospital to have one removed from an ear canal or had someone speed home because a tooth got completely shattered, you tend to approach parts of the game with a little less guns-a-blazin' recklessness. If someone walks up behind me and says bang...in a real life situation (which MilSim aims to replicate) they would have owned me, and I give them that courtesy. If you try to bang me from in front of me, we're both likely to catch a round or two. If someone empties on me from a barrel's distance away, I will likely end up being removed from the field. Don't be a dick.

Actually, that was the kind of answer I was looking for. Now, on one hand I like the fact that there is no full auto, but the downside is No MED. So my concern was having that one ahole who thinks they are a bad ass walking 3 feet in front of me and shooting me. Somehow I feel like this can/does cause issues with people.  

EvilRedNeko

EvilRedNeko

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas
The lack of a MED is to increase the realism factor. The reason DMRs, LMGs ,and Snipers have a MED is for safety with higher fps and LMGs cant be used indoors either also so you dont hose someone by accedent.

I play at a CQB field that almost has no MED at all as the distance is if you can hold you rifle at arms length and the barrel would touch them. So that is like 3-4 feet. And there is no distance for pistols which have the same fps limits as the rifles.

Yes if you walk/run up to somone and shoot them from a foot or less away you are kind of an ass but that is just part of the game. It would be more difficult makeing sure people called and acepted safty kills and with ammo limits it keeps people from using safty kills when they run out.

400fps and under does not really hurt that much after about a minute from point blank either so I am happy that there is no MED at that fps level so I dont have to also try to keep track if I am 10 feet or 8 feet from someone before I pull the trigger.

Loco Actual

Loco Actual

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationOrlando

It's not about an actual set distance, because as soon as briefing is over 10 feet can be interpreted as a football's length away or a quarterback's throw away. It's about a practical distance. No one will come around a corner, see someone halfway down a warehouse length, and try to "bang" them out. It's understood at that distance all is fair. But when you come around the corner and can see what thread count their FAST cover is or read the tag on their combat shirt, why be an asshole about it? That goes for both parties, by the way, as anyone who would deny a bang-out at that range clearly gives zero shits about the "realism" they're paying for and is there only to enhance their self-image of invulnerability.

We're your platoon's FNA contingent, and our shenanigans have reached DEFCON 4. The enemy platoons have been pushed back into a neighboring county, the objectives have been accomplished, rewritten, and accomplished again, and the enemy CO is currently being covered in paper mache and glitter to be strung as a pinata...and your cut-rate leadership program may not cover this.
Failed Ninja Academy. Fat 'N Aging. Falcons, Noticeably Azure.
FNA.

Jungle Sig

st4ngeI2

st4ngeI2

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

well said

CoST Pride

\\Operations//
Ironhorse I

Zuzu

Zuzu

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Great point, Loco.  In that situation it's a be a dick/don't be a dick call.      

The situation I'm referring to not wanting MED/bang is NOT that.  I'm talking about arenas/fields that have very specific MEDs that nobody can properly perceive a lot of the time(Not claiming my depth perception is infallible).  You get people losing their shit when they believe they were shot within MED(when they weren't) or people trying to bang kill from 30 feet, opponent facing them.  

Someone who will mag dump into an uncovered face at point blank range isn't mature enough to handle a water pistol.  That should be grounds for instant removal from game, if not a ban from future events. It's completely outside the spirit of a voluntary safety kill/no MED game, even if not a rules as written violation.  

$.02  

Dave

Dave

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Don't be scared~

62026255.jpg

Preacher07

Preacher07

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Personally I've never been shot up close to hurt that bad and this is going to be my 4th American Milsim event I've never been bang banged but if I come up to somebody just shoot them once or twice in the vest or helmet if they are wearing one! You will hear the bb hit the helmet. I personally like the no med rule at Milsim games and at cqb fields

dobby

dobby

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
^ agree....bang bang rule sucks. We all choose to attend these events. Big boy rules all the way.

Big Candy

Big Candy

UFS Leadership

• UFS Leadership
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

To quote the infamous T-Rex Carver...  "IF YA SCARED, GO TO CHURCH!"

Or something along those lines.

If taking a round or two from extreme close range is a concern...   there are several WONDERFUL pieces of protection gear one may don to alleviate such a concern.  Facemasks, helmets, and ear protection work wonders.  Wear a shemagh or a balaclava if you're concerned about your future as a male neck model.

There is absolutely no reason ANYONE can not protect themselves.  

A "Hi speed Low drag" setup.

Which for me is more like "Slightly Above Average speed, Slightly Less drag"

UFS Leadership

• UFS Leadership
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationArlington Tx

Since this rule has been implemented there has been little to no issue.. the deal is don't be an ass about it.. if you got the drop and they don't call it you don't light them up in the face nor nads... common sense... this has not been a problem...

AMS players are a cut above and strive for excellence, if you play an AMS game then you are expected to "keep it real" in the sense not to intentionally try to hurt another..  

Have fun, drink water and pull out your dead rag when your dead easy enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users