American MilSim
SIERRA

How to become a Squad Leader?

Ok, I have registered as a squad leader before and showed up at the event and was told I was not the leader of a squad and that I had to answer to someone else. How can I go about confirming what position I get after filling out the registration form. I ask this for planning purposes, because if I will not be put as a squad leader I will setup my kit for another position before I get to the AO. 

Thanks

also helps to get in touch with your Faction's leadership, and make sure they have you marked as squad leader.

Also helps if you have friends who also registered with you, who want you as squad leader.

This coming from a guy that has been at a squad leader or higher leadership level at pretty much every AMS event I've ever attended.

It helps to be the go-to guy, but if you want to make sure your the guy in command before the game starts, get in touch with your faction leadership, and make sure that is how they have you listed on the roster.

also helps to get in touch with your Faction's leadership, and make sure they have you marked as squad leader.

Also helps if you have friends who also registered with you, who want you as squad leader.

This coming from a guy that has been at a squad leader or higher leadership level at pretty much every AMS event I've ever attended.

It helps to be the go-to guy, but if you want to make sure your the guy in command before the game starts, get in touch with your faction leadership, and make sure that is how they have you listed on the roster.

This ---^

Be the go to guy. Two events I have been to where I was not assigned squad leader and became a squad leader. Engage your side's leadership, be effective on the field, do work, and be the guy everyone wants to run with. 

And This ---^