American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Zuzu

Travel from Texas

The waiting begins..

As I wait for my rig to finally all arrive, I'm working out my travel arrangements.  As of now it's just me that's going solo, have been unable to find any team mates thus far.  Hopefully I can meet some localish guys at TXPB who are going and want to road trip it.

Assuming that doesn't happen and I'm going solo, I don't trust my car for the trip.  I'll probably end up flying in and renting a car.  What is the closest airport?  It's looking like Atlanta. 

If any others are doing the same I'd be down to split costs for rental/misc to the OP from Airport.  Same to others.  If you're flying in and want to chip in on rental/gas please reply.  

I am ridiculously hyped for this.  It will not only be my first OP, it will be a few days after my 33rd Bday.  I took off work 7 days.  Luckily I'm already carrying 80 hours leave over.

Good look, thanks.

Another thing I completely overlooked.  

Grenades.  Oh, I've bought them, but now I've come to realize I can't fly with them shits.  Oh well.  Will there be a vendor there that will sell TB's?  Or (even better)TLSFX pea frags?  Mailing the cores back to myself won't be practical on a Sunday.

Maybe driving isn't such a bad option after all.  It's only 14 odd hours compared to 4.  

This may be an insanely stupid question, but anyway you can ship them on the cheap?

14 hours isn't super bad solo, that's 'bout what it is from my side of town in Georgia to Michigan. Easy to split into two shifts

A friend just advised me I can mail them to myself and pick up at a post office close to Perry.  I didn't realize I could do that.  I'm just trying to figure out if I have to pack them as replica explosive or not. Anyone who's done this know the procedure?   

After more consideration, I'm not driving solo.  Not in my poor Honda.  

They have a core where a 12g CO2 cartridge goes.  When pin is pulled it fills the shell(which some look like pineapple, flash bang, etc) with gas and they blow.  BBs can go in or not, most of the shells have poor BB dispersion.  Overfilling significantly shortens timer.  Good for indoor fragging as I understand.

TSA prohibits travel with anything that resembles an explosive.  They also prohibit CO2 unless it's for a couple specific devices and accompanying said devices.

I'll go by the Post Office monday and find out what I have to do.  Was just curious if anyone else has done this and knew.  Finding CO2 and green gas after I land shouldn't be hard.  I suppose I could check out Airsoft Atlanta.         

I'll just pick up CO2 somewhere after I land.  Same with green gas.  I have a ton of both but it's cheap enough that it's no biggie to just buy some more.  

I wanted to visit Airsoft Atlanta anyway.  I should be arriving early enough that it shouldn't be an issue.