American MilSim
BravoKilo

Gear Minimums

What is expected out of a player loadout?

I have a few buddies with me who have been playing for 4 years that dont have a particularly high amount of tactical gear.

We are going to broken home this year, just trying to make sure that i dont send 4 of my buddies shopping lists for full kits of tactical gear if they only need to have vests, masks, and BDUs

What is expected out of a player loadout?

I have a few buddies with me who have been playing for 4 years that dont have a particularly high amount of tactical gear.

We are going to broken home this year, just trying to make sure that i dont send 4 of my buddies shopping lists for full kits of tactical gear if they only need to have vests, masks, and BDUs

Look through the OBH archive there are numerous threads on it.

Most importantly I'd say...

Ability to carry 2-3L of water

2-3 pairs of sockets

rain gear

anti-fog

good boots

extra batteries (good batteries)

^^^This. 

You're probably wanting a way to carry magazines. Otherwise you'll be taking the walk of shame back to the FOB to reload every ten minutes or so. The crossdraw vests purchased at Wal-Mart are horrible for heat retention. You don't want to retain heat, you want to ventilate it. Those things trap heat on your body something fierce. A good budget option is actually the Condor 6 mag chest rig. Evike has these for a little under $30. They have three magazine pouches holding two mags each (AK or M4 and probably most anything else) and two large pouches on the side for canteens and assorted stuff, as well as a map pocket and tiny little MOLLE strips to the 4 and 8 O'clock positions. As JP said, go look at the OBH forum for tips. I have learned hard what you do and do not need to carry. Somewhere on there I've written out my packing checklist. 

Remember,
Water 
Warmth
Weapon

1. you will die of dehydration.
2. doesn't apply in Oklahoma in May unless it's a torrential downpour and hurricane strength winds. This is Oklahoma. She wants to kill you.
3. You're here to play airsoft, ya dingus! You gotta have a good working gun and the ability to feed it or there's no point! 

Try to keep things balanced. DDAP is big, you don't want one side of your gear heavier than the other. Over time this can lead to back injuries and sad feelings. 

Have fun!

LBE. It's infinitely modular and well ventilated.

Eh.  I disagree.  LBE was good, but it's hard to justify it over a FLC vest.  Everything made now involves some form of PALS and modern mag pouches are significant upgrades to the old ALICE mag pouches.  Plus, you have a little more real estate (not limited to pistol belt like LBE).  Only a few bucks more for getting into the 21st century.  Can't go wrong with LBE if you want a retro minimal load out though.

There's a hundred renditions of this thread and they all have the same answers, more or less.  Use the archives.