American MilSim
Guest Specs

The medic role and new (possibly convoluted) milsim experiences

Guest Specs

Hello all! Just thought I'd spark a discussion on the seemingly elaborate and possibly engaging additions that new companies are attempting to bring to the milsim community. 

I noticed this video pop up on popular airsoft's site today, toting information on a new and complex medic system from Monopolovvy of Poland. Find the article here for further reading.

https://youtu.be/gvH9nuU-FG4

Overall, I think we are hitting an interesting time where there's an abundance of technology getting thrown at our sport. Some of it is truly adding new options, while others I fear might only thrive in certain event situations. 

This system in particular appears to be a significant cost investment on all participating players, and could even serve as another tedium to anyone considering the medic role. (As if we need anymore of those.) I could see this working in an event with a massive sized field, in the world of MSW perhaps or Broken Home where you have a significant distance between most players. Perhaps medium sized fields that would rent out to participating players for the day? Hard to say.

I enjoy seeing concepts and ideas like this, but at some point I think that players and manufacturers need to step back and consider just how much of the milsim experience is too much and breaks down the "game" aspect of airsoft. Though I know everyone will have their own opinions on just that subject. When is it all just too much? Thoughts?

Guest Specs

Eh...Interesting idea...maybe not as feasible without "body armor" sensors to go along with it.

I think the idea is that the downed player would press the button on the corresponding limb hit on their chip/card deal and it would randomly assign a seriousness to the injury for the medic to deal with. But I agree that the fact it requires every other player to have that card to start with is a problem for the system as a whole.

I also question if the bloodbag component would be confused as a deadrag in many situations. Sort of an unfortunate complication with most common airsoft rulesets using deadrags.

Guest Specs

This has been implemented many times via pop dice and a note card.  Much cheaper, too.

Something like the center of a trouble board? haha. How would the medic process work once the injury severity is randomly decided?

Guest Specs

Yes, the trouble board dice.  The medic pops it, looks at the note card, and treats the injury according to how it is written (arm vs leg injury, respawn time, etc)

Dice in a pill bottle. Arms, Legs, Torso, Head, Wounded, or DEAD. 

Interesting idea for sure. I do recall dice method discussions a while back amongst AMS admins. Kind of makes for a fun discovery for the downed person as well and ads to the story element if you are into that sort of thing.

I actually kind of like this system. Both the complex and simple methods. That being said I think implementation in your standard game is not too viable at this time. Even something as big as an AMS event would be difficult to implement with the extra associated money requirement for the devices.

I could see this being very successful in scenario based events such as DAMs however, where only one or two such devices maybe needed.

I dunno, I am kind of split on it. I like the concept and I think it could really add some depth to the medic role. Feasibility and cost is probably the show stopper though.

Its a cool idea but ya it would be just to hard to do on a large scale game. Makeing sure everyone had and used the devices would mean it would really be something the event holder would either have to add to the cost of attending, and to be fair provide the medic equipment to the medics for free, or everyone would have to buy them before attending or at the event if they did not own one already.

I do like the pop dice idea for random wound severity though but it is just easier (and cheaper) to wrap the wounded part, and have a wound limit as well as bleed out time and treatment time.