Recent Topics
Recent Facebook Activity
Upcoming Calendar Events
There are no forthcoming calendar events
Recent Status Updates
  • Photo
      15 Oct
    Mia Doll

If you really want to wear traditional dresses, just start to wear kilts. It’s the heritage of Scotland and resemblance of Scottish culture

View All Updates
June 2019
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Next Previous
Photo

ALCON: 1-1

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Loco Actual

Loco Actual

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Evening lads (and lassies)!

My name is Matt, callsign Loco, and it would appear I'm the Squad Leader for 1-1. A quick background on me: I've been playing Airsoft since 2004, started where most do in a backyard with some woods and escalated to my first major event - Operation: Blackjack at Camp Blanding. I'm sure some of you have things to say about that event, you can hang on to them. I've been involved in the large scale events for five or six years now, helping MGP host several events and attending many more. Faded Giant III last year was my first AMS game and I'm looking very much forward to storming the AO with some knowledge and know-how about the site this year.

My team will be rolling up from Florida on Friday with a desired arrival time of 1400-1500. We'll be making our way through the check-in as fast as AMS staff will allow and will begin scouting the AO with our members who haven't seen it yet. After that, we'll be in the staging area milling about for a bit, and I welcome anyone with questions or who just wants to put a name to the face to come find me. I'll try to make it obvious one way or another; we have FNA team shirts, so watch for those, and a bunch of fat noisy assholes. We'll be crashing at the Carolina Inn for Friday and Saturday nights so look for us there, too.

I've got a game plan already in mind, so provided the CO/XO don't task us with anything requiring adherence to intensely strict parameters, we should be able to make some good stuff happen. Look forward to seeing you all and bringing the Coalition another victory!

We're your platoon's FNA contingent, and our shenanigans have reached DEFCON 4. The enemy platoons have been pushed back into a neighboring county, the objectives have been accomplished, rewritten, and accomplished again, and the enemy CO is currently being covered in paper mache and glitter to be strung as a pinata...and your cut-rate leadership program may not cover this.
Failed Ninja Academy. Fat 'N Aging. Falcons, Noticeably Azure.
FNA.

Jungle Sig

The Rick

The Rick

AMS Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

awesome man!  I was at the event BlackJack back when I owned Kastway Airsoft.  I was there as a retailer in the building where they had registration.  Welcome!

Guest_Specs_*

Guest_Specs_*
  • Guests

Welcome to the community! Always great to see a new member with other milsim host experience. (Helps to breath new life into the AMS ruleset from time to time.)

SomeGuy

SomeGuy

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIrmo, SC

Afternoon Matt,

Thanks for the intro, my name is Adam callsign ADAMS(original I know) This is my first AMS event(hopefully I will get a better callsign) Looking forward to running with you in 1-1,  I plan on getting onsite Friday afternoon, hopefully we can meet up. I was wondering what camo you and your team are planning on using for this OP? Also, do you know how I can get access to the secure forum?

Loco Actual

Loco Actual

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Hey ADAMS!

We'll be running in your standard M81 Woodland pattern but will likely be in our comfortable and WARM regular clothes on Friday. We'll be riding up there in a rental van, some kind of Sprinter or similar vehicle, and I'll be sure to post up a proposed time to meet up on-site as I want to make sure my FNA guys as well as other new players get plenty of time to scout the AO before worrying about a battle plan that will immediately go to sh*t once the game starts  :rolleyes: 

As for the secure forum, once Rebel Yell concludes and AMS starts focusing their energies on Faded Giant, the secure forums will be opened, populated, and passwords sent to the players. Standby for that.

We're your platoon's FNA contingent, and our shenanigans have reached DEFCON 4. The enemy platoons have been pushed back into a neighboring county, the objectives have been accomplished, rewritten, and accomplished again, and the enemy CO is currently being covered in paper mache and glitter to be strung as a pinata...and your cut-rate leadership program may not cover this.
FNA.

Jungle Sig

Mr. Yuk

Mr. Yuk

CoST Leadership

• CoST Leadership
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, New York
Just a reminder gentlemen that the posted roster is for public acknowledgment of registration and NOT the actual CoST event roster. That will be posted in the secure forum as we get closer to the event. Just stating this so that if there are changes made I do not want anyone to be suprised.

On a side note, I look forward to seeing you and the guys again Loco! This event is going to be a blast!

Phil Dog

Phil Dog

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

As an active duty member I thought it would be a good test of my leadership to sign up as squad leader, even though I'm not on a team.  Hope to be working along side you in command Loco.  I already have some strategies in mind!

Zerosnake

Zerosnake

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOuter Heaven

Good Afternoon Loco and fellow COST member's,

My name is Victor, call sign Zerosnake. This is my first milsim event and I am looking forward to working with you guys on the field.

I am planning on getting to the AO around the same time as you Loco, so hopefully I will be able to scout with you guys.

Does anyone have any additional tips for a new member?

Loco Actual

Loco Actual

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationOrlando

-Always remember it's just a game.

-Stay hydrated; cold weather doesn't mean your body doesn't need water.

-Listen to SQLs, Platoon leaders, etc., as they probably have more experience.

-Always remember it's just a game.

-Don't overpack. 50 pounds of gear is for real world stuff; you'll simply wear yourself out real fast in Airsoft.

-Never hesitate to ask for help, guidance, directions, or assistance with anything. We're all there to have fun together.

Look forward to seeing you there and hope your first event finds CoST with another victory! Our van will be easily identifiable and I'll make another post closer to the 6th with how to find me if I'm not at the staging area.

FNA.

Jungle Sig

Zerosnake

Zerosnake

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOuter Heaven

Thanks loco, looking forward to the upcoming event.

also do you guys know when the secure chat will be available for COST?

Phil Dog

Phil Dog

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Thanks loco, looking forward to the upcoming event.

also do you guys know when the secure chat will be available for COST?

The secure forum pass will be given out or will have instructions to how to get it sent to you on commands discretion.  My first assumption will be after OP RY3 that's going on right now, but they may just be making plans and/or still properly organizing the squads appropriately.

As per Loco:

"As for the secure forum, once Rebel Yell concludes and AMS starts focusing their energies on Faded Giant, the secure forums will be opened, populated, and passwords sent to the players. Standby for that."

Zerosnake

Zerosnake

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOuter Heaven

Thanks Phil Dog

Zerosnake

Zerosnake

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOuter Heaven

We now have access to the Secure Form, I just received the email not so long ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users