AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
PMO Gordo

The Built-in TAGinn Shell Grenade Launcher (B.T.S.G.L.) Project

Video:

Wanna be an EFFECTIVE grenadier but CANNOT afford multiple TAGinn shells?

Wanna be an EFFECTIVE grenadier but do NOT want to hump multiple TAGinn shells?

Wanna be an EFFECTIVE grenadier but do NOT want to babysit multiple TAGinn shells?

Introducing Built-in TAGinn Shell Grenade Launcher (B.T.S.G.L.) modification…

For the price of ONE TAGinn shell

As well as one air rig

You can rain down TAG projectiles at your enemy by these simple steps: Tap, Load, and Bang!

Carry tons of TAGinn projectiles …

Minimize maintenance time to just ONE shell…

And as a bonus…

Blast away your enemy with these “shotgun clipsâ€, i.e. BBs wrapped in paper

DIY instructions coming soon at Instructables…

P.M.O.G. Armory

PMOGArmory@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/PMOGArmory/

P.M.O.G. Armory is a non-profit organization.

Its purpose is to promote safe and effective Airsoft grenade launcher use.

P.M.O.G. Armory only provides information free-of-charge.

P.M.O.G. Armory does not offer goods or services.

Note:

Thanks to Crewchief's Custom and Airsoft Pyrotechnics (Tactical Game Innovation) for inspiring this project.

Thanks to ÆSIR Airsoft for hosting OP: Hammerhead.

Thanks to Airsoft at The Battlegrounds for food donations.

Thanks to Amped Airsoft for providing vending services.

Special thanks to Pittsburgh Paintball Park for the permission to use their field.

i think for the AMS Ruleset this is boarderline Reloading shells on field

AMS might want to consider revising rules regarding this. Airsoft technologies are evolving continuously, and I think cumbersome and troublesome gas shells will be phased out eventually. I actually got the side-mounted CO2 power source idea from Tactical Game Innovation's TAG 015 launcher, which will become available worldwide later this year. And TAG 015 has a semi-auto valve mechanism (see video @ 32:34), which does not require charging manually as shown in my B.T.S.G.L.

The Built-in TAGinn Shell Grenade Launcher (B.T.S.G.L.) build tutorial is complete! Here is the link: http://www.instructables.com/id/Airsoft-Rapid-Fire-Grenade-Launcher-Mod/

The video below is included in the tutorial, describing how to disassemble VFC EGLM with B.T.S.G.L. mod installed. But it can also apply to disassembly before installing he B.T.S.G.L. mod.

I'm a little late to your postings but thats legit. I have one of the grenade launchers but never used it becuase of the expence in maintaining granade cases, shells, maintance etc. Looks Like I have some moding to do. Also don't see who this would break ams rules as still only carry the 8 rounds minus casing or whatever number they determine and go from there.

It's possible to perform B.T.S.G.L. mod on grenade launchers with hinge-type breech such as M79 and M320, but it won't be easy. The TAGinn shell body would inhibit the breech from closing. The only solution I can see is to make the shell body recessed in the launcher trigger housing, but then you'd probably have to redesign the trigger mechanism. The B.T.S.G.L. modification, as I can foresee, is only suitable for EGLM, M203, Strike Industry Havoc, and RPG-7.

Here's a concept diagram of M203 stand alone launcher with B.T.S.G.L. mod (I don't have the money and time to verify the build, but I imagine it would be easier since the macro line would be exposed):

12108887_403246516538781_987794363136190

12196126_408758082654291_766282957536103

http://co2reg.com/index.php/vfc-eglm-mod.html

Palmers Pursuit Shop now has a product page specific for Built-in TAGinn Shell Grenade Launcher mod! Now you can get all the parts except grenade launcher and TAGinn shell from ONE web page!

Also,Palmers Pursuit Shop is willing to provide Built-in TAGinn Shell Grenade Launcher (B.T.S.G.L.) modification service to customers. Customers just need to send in their grenade launchers and TAGinn Shell Regular, and they could take care the rest. Also, if you want to do more customization, such as rigging an HPA tank to the TAGinn shell, you could discuss with them.

Those who are interested, please contact Craig Palmer on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pneumatics (just send him a friend request and then a message after it is accepted), or call the shop and ask for him at 916-923-9676

Note: Airsofters probably don't know Palmer's Pursuit Shop, but paintballers venerate the store. Palmer's Pursuit Shop has been providing paintball markers and air rigs customization services since 1988. Palmer's Pursuit Shop to paintballers is like Bingo Airsoftworks to Airsofters.

Disclaimer: This should not be construed as an endorsement by P.M.O.G. Armory. I have not personally use Palmer's Pursuit Shop's customization services before, and I only post this as an option for people who prefer a skilled technician to perform the B.T.S.G.L. modification.