American MilSim
Guest Specs

DIY Compact Ghillie

Guest Specs

Hello AMS community! (Primarily staff for this one.)

Essentially I'm looking into making my own simple version of the Cry Compact Ghillie using camo netting traditionally used in duck blinds. However, there isn't a straight up multicam option I can find. (And certainly not in my price range if there is I'm sure.) So I came across a pattern that seems pretty close in color called "Killer" camo.

killercamonetting.jpg

Essentially my question is if this seems close enough in tones to still maintain UFS regulated colors/pattern. 

If it needs to be more tan, I'm open to doing some rattlecan work on it as well. I received the material today, so I'll try to do a personal side by side comparison once I'm home this evening.

Guest Specs

It appeared fairly tan in color, and since softshells and the like are typically passable as tan for UFS, I figured this fit the bill. Though I know it's also technically a pattern that isn't under UFS regs.

Guest Specs

As long as it appears "Lighter" from a distance, it's good to go for UFS.

Good to hear! Thanks for the quick confirmation.

Guest Specs

If UFS wants to wear light orange or yellow, the CoST and CDF won't complain.

Just being nice about it. ;)

Haha ghillie life for us UFS guys is tough here in the midwest. Not saying a full tan ghillie doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in these green woods but...

If you were interested in the results, here's some crappy bathroom shots of the completed build!

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-26%20at%209.03.1