American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
CHAPPY

What States/Territories Would Fall Next?

I've been reading the FNN reports that y'all have been putting out. I was just wondering what states/territories would fall next as the CoST begins to solidify their claim of sovereignty?

Hypothetically, if CoST were to cut a swath across the Midwestern states - effectively cutting off the Pacific Coastal States and the Rocky Mountain States - it would be a huge loss to the UFS, correct?

CoST consists of OK, TX, LA, AK, NM - though it also mentions CA...

If Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota, North and South Dakota join, along with Canadian Territories of Alberta, Saskatchewan, the Yukon and Northwestern, it would disable North America as we know it.

CHAPPY

California is interested in separating, from the last I heard. It would strategically make sense to split the UFS in the middle if the CoST were interested in taking an OFFENSIVE approach. It would appear that they just want to be left alone right now to govern themselves. This stand up approach to big, bad Federal government is more of a "Don't Tread on Me" statement.

As forces line up, I don't think the UFS are looking to hurt anyone, but they're certainly ready to keep the house together. But it's hard to impose your will on people who resist. This can be inspirational to other states. Maybe Kansas will pick up on that spirit and follow suit. Maybe they won't. Maybe Minnesota says "Screw it. We want to be Canadians." There are a lot of possibilities as the country we once knew begins to evolve (or dissolve, depending on who you ask.)

The territories you mentioned would really hurt the UFS, 100% certainly. At the same time, we just don't know enough about how each state/territory feels internally. Once sufficient polling has been concluded, we might have a better idea how far north, east, south and west this revolution really goes.

Thanks for bringing this up. I think people should begin to voice their opinions and start representing their states or soon-to-be sovereign territories...

There's a few possibilities that could happen IMO.

CoST could go straight up the middle like Tusk had mentioned, dividing the UFS in half. This Scenario could work great or end bad. The division could easily cause the CoST to be surrounded and then get washed out, or with the UFS being divided it could further the division, causing an imbalance and thus breaking the UFS

Then there could be the "West Coast Way." Which would be CoST venturing into Cali and taking a stand there, swallowing up the west coast preparing for eastward onslaught. Cutting off the West could potentially threaten the entire UFS IMO. With that control that cuts off the trafficking to China and Japan. Or this could back the CoST up and pin them against the coast.

Or they could unite with Mexico, and go even further south in an attempt to strengthen from the south and create new connection and ties with additional countries in Central and South America.

Or the Eastern push...the travel to consume Mississippi, Alabama , Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas. All this to have some sort of coastal control.

All these scenarios could potentially help or hurt either side...and all are my own Opinion.

I think a Midwest drive is almost like volunteering to be put into a pincer movement; that's a risky strategy to push for the divide. But it could work. I'm sure someone out there can site precedence where stranger strategies have worked.

If I was a CoST politician, if I were controlling a separatist movement, I would look for more support in the East first. Specifically those states that were deemed "border states" in the first Civil War. The West will more than likely fall in line with the CoST seeing as how they are more self-sufficient and able to fend for themselves better than the Eastern half of the UFS. IMO. All opinion, of course. :)'

My prediction: If OK folds back into the UFS, I see the CoST movement skirting the southern UFS in both directions towards the southern coasts. But if OK secedes then the West will likely take notice and begin evaluating their situations.

RUSSO brings up a good point about Mexico. With the amount of oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico - it is prime real estate for CoST - Yes they have TX and Alaska as prime movers of oil, but the Gulf would solidify their grip on the market, basically shutting out the UFS.

My only argument against CoST siding with Mexico, is the similarity to the "Red Dawn" scenario, where Russia sides with Cuba and Nicaragua and uses the Mexican boarder to enter the US. Where as in the instance of the BROKEN HOME scenario, Mexico is its own threat to the former US. The Drug cartels along the Mexican Boarder area have enough firepower, that it could be a potential threat to CoST, as well as the UFS, and if they were to band with the Mexican Armed Forces (Fuerzas Armadas de Mexico), it could turn into a real cluster f@#$@.

I've heard that both California and Georgia are hinting/talking...

CHAPPY

If they are looking into natural resources, Arkansas could be a viable contributor. Not only does it have oil, the lifeblood of the world, it is also the largest producer of rice not to mention it is "the duck capitol of the world". It would also make a good bridge between Oklahoma and Louisiana, making for a more secure trade route from the Gulf of Mexico to CoST states. Factoring in its manufacturing abilities (ie. Remington and the wind turbine companies) it could make for a strong alliance.

Missouri would definitely join CoST! Afterall, MAKO and CMA are both Kansas City based teams and we have to secure victory or there is no going home! In this hypothetical situation we would be considered traitors if we were to loose. Like Benjamin Franklin said, "We must all hang together or we will all hang separately.".

Groups like the True Jayhawkers are springing up in Kansas in support of CoST. Since natural gas is found all over Kansas, there is fear that the UFS will move to nationalize and control the supply, which will not sit well with Kansans. The presence of UFS troops and armor in southern Missouri and Kansas moving into Oklahoma is another hot contention point. With the increased potential for military conflict with CoST and if Missouri and Kansas side with Cost, that will put the UFS forces deploying into Oklahoma in position to have their supply lines cut and have to rely on air supply in hostile territory.

The world's largest reserve of natural gas was just discovered in NE Colorado/SW Nebraska. If possession of oil/gas is what motivates CoST, then Colorado and Nebraska would be natural dominos to fall, especially if Kansas were to switch sides.

Of course, it may also make them more valuable allies for the UFS...

The Rocky Mountains is pretty prime real estate for guerilla fighting. Difficult terrain for armor, difficult conditions for helicopters and close air support, and plenty of established trails that are difficult to spot from the air and connect major highways over high mountain passes. The CoST could do worse for a base of operations.