Jeffy

Jeffy

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFlorida, United States
Hello all,

My twin brother and I are both 16 and want to go to an millsim event. My question is can the temp guardian be playing the game as well, or do they need to stay out of the game. For example, if my guardian is in my squad, is that acceptable?

Thanks in advance,
Jeffy

Jeffy

Jeffy

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFlorida, United States
Hello all,

My twin brother and I are both 16 and want to go to an millsim event. My question is can the temp guardian be playing the game as well, or do they need to stay out of the game. For example, if my guardian is in my squad, is that acceptable?

Thanks in advance,
Jeffy

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

That is fine, this is how it usually happens. 

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

Kyle21Irvin

Kyle21Irvin

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
So I'm a little late to the party but I am hoping to attend copperhead 3 but I will be 15 at the time. My dad is able to stay in a trailer the entire time the game is playing. Is this allowed?

Liame02

Liame02

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
So I'm 14 and was wanting to go to ironclad 3. I will be going with my dad and my friend who is 14. We know we both need the minor application form but do we both need temporary guardianship or just him? My dad will be playing with us.

Does minor application need to be notarized?

blitz_reaper

blitz_reaper

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So if I'm 17 now but turn 18 the day before an event can I register as an adult or do I have to register as a minor? Just want some clarification, thank you.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

You age on the day you check in at the event is what matters.  If you're 18 the day you check in, then your good to go.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

To answer Liame02's question, you should look into that particular event and make sure minors are allowed. Once you make sure of that, you need to make sure the parents of whoever you are playing with sign a waiver stating that your father will be his temporary guardian for the duration of the game, that is, after your application is approved. You will more than likely need a federally-recognized ID for IronClad, like a Driver's License or a Passport. Be sure to check with an AMS administrator to make sure, but this is what I know.

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1
"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

And Kyle, that should be fine as long as he's on the AO, which includes the parking lot and camping areas if I am not mostaken.

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1
"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users