• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Burtzy12

Burtzy12

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, I'm 16 and I have a friend that's also 16. We were considering coming down to play with my older brother who is 25 for Copperhead 2.5. Is he aloud to be our guardian WHILE playing or must he be on the AO or what's the deal with that?

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

If he is playing with you that is fine. He just cant leave the AO while you are playing. He can go to the car, he just cant go back into town. Also, he will need to have temporary guardanship paperwork filled out for each of you that are under 18.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

LZ129

LZ129

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Hello, we have two teammates who are minors. I have looked all over and can't seem to find the specific age restrictions for Op:34. Will they be able to attend, or is this event an 18+ only one?

Thank you,

Lima Zulu

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

14 and up at the time of the event is good to go.

DarkWolfAirsoft

DarkWolfAirsoft

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

me and my friend r 15 and want to go to op:34. So all we have to do is have r parents fill out the minor application thing and bring a physical copy to the event?

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

No, you will need to have a parent or guardian with you at the event.  I would recommend having your parents read the first post in this thread, and address any questions from there.

DarkWolfAirsoft

DarkWolfAirsoft

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So I want to get this strait. I'm under 15 so I need to just fill in a copy of the temporary guardianship thing. My grandparents r taking me to the event so do they need to sign it at the event or before?

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

If your grandparents are taking you, then you need to have your parents fill out the temporary guardanship paperwork prior to the event, and have them list your grandparents as temporary guardian. It then needs to be notorized prior to the event, and brought with you. The minor application needs to be filled out and emailed prior to the event per the instructions on the first post.

If your grandparents have legal custody of you, then you do not need a temporary guardianship for them, but it sounds like you live with your parents from the wording in your first post.

Shaneredline

Shaneredline

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My son is 12 and has been playing hard core for the last 8 months. Very mature, it was that interpret the rules and isn't a crybaby. We registered for Milsom as our local airsoft dealer told us as long as I was with him he would be allowed to play. We've already paid for reindeer games that I just now read where the minimum age is 14 but they may be allowed to play if approved by Milsim.

Can anybody advise if this is the norm, regarding getting his age approved.

Just trying to make plans thank you for any help.

Shane

Shaneredline

Shaneredline

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My son is 12 and has been playing hard core for the last 8 months. Very mature, it was that interpret the rules and isn't a crybaby. We registered for Milsom as our local airsoft dealer told us as long as I was with him he would be allowed to play. We've already paid for reindeer games that I just now read where the minimum age is 14 but they may be allowed to play if approved by Milsim.

Can anybody advise if this is the norm, regarding getting his age approved.

Just trying to make plans thank you for any help.

Shane

nebraskaplatoon210

nebraskaplatoon210

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

How old do you have to be to be a temporary guardian?

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

Will there be an IronHorse II in 2017?

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1
"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Sanctus_Yankee

Sanctus_Yankee

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm currently 16 and I would like to go to Iron Horse 2. Do I have to have a parent/ guardian on site for the event?

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

I'm currently 16 and I would like to go to Iron Horse 2. Do I have to have a parent/ guardian on site for the event?

If a player is 16-17 years old at the time of check in, they are required to have a Parent/Legal Guardian on site for each event.  Temporary guardianship may be granted with the Authorization for Temporary Guardianship of Minor form found below.  If temporary guardianship is used please show Temporary Guardianship paperwork at time of registration.  TEMPORARY GUARDIANSHIP PAPERWORK MUST BE NOTARIZED PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT THE FIELD OR IT IS VOID!!!!!!

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

How old do you have to be to be a temporary guardian?

trevb99

trevb99

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
If me and a friend are both 17, and we are coming with another 18 year old friend, is he able to be both of our temporary guardian or does he have to be a family member? Thanks

trevb99

trevb99

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
If me and a friend are both 17, and we are coming with another 18 year old friend, is he able to be both of our temporary guardian or does he have to be a family member? Thanks

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx
He can be the temp guardian for both of you.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx
He can be the temp guardian for both of you.

bobbyreed

bobbyreed

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I just wanted to verify 100% that the minimum age for IronHorse 2 is 14 years old.  Me and my son play together, so I will be playing with him at this event.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users