48 replies to this topic

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

Please check registration page for age requirements.  Some events require players to be 18 years or older due to liability concerns.  This information can be found on the registration page for the event you are interested in. 

If a player is younger than 14 years of age, they will not be eligible to participate in AMS events.

If a player is 14-15 years old at the time of check in, they will need to fill out and submit a minor application (found below) and submit it to [email protected]  This age group are required to have a Parent/Legal Guardian on site for each event.  The Use of "Temporary Guardianship" for ages 14-15 is upon approval of AMS.

Temporary guardianship may be granted with the Authorization for Temporary Guardianship of Minor form found below.  If temporary guardianship is used please show Temporary Guardianship paperwork at time of registration.  TEMPORARY GUARDIANSHIP PAPERWORK MUST BE NOTARIZED PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT THE FIELD OR IT IS VOID!!!!!!

If a player is 16-17 years old at the time of check in, they are required to have a Parent/Legal Guardian on site for each event.  Temporary guardianship may be granted with the Authorization for Temporary Guardianship of Minor form found below.  If temporary guardianship is used please show Temporary Guardianship paperwork at time of registration.  TEMPORARY GUARDIANSHIP PAPERWORK MUST BE NOTARIZED PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT THE FIELD OR IT IS VOID!!!!!!

Attached Files

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

ganst949

ganst949

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

*moved to ORY3

brady.abbt

brady.abbt

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I am 14 and I will have nobody as a temporary guardian... I am still eligible to participate in this event

brady.abbt

brady.abbt

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Nm found one

Charlie

Charlie

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Does on site mean playing, or just at the AO at the time of the event?

A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

They just have to be on the AO throughout the event.

Bloo

Bloo

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFishers, Indiana

They just have to be on the AO throughout the event.

Just for clarification, because if it means what I think, my parade will be severely rained upon:

This means that my parent/substitute parent must travel with me to an op and stay in town the entire weekend if I am under 16 years of age. 

My dad is a nice guy, buy I doubt that driving/flying out west for an entire weekend an not being able to come home in-between would make anybody happy.  My attendance to AMS games in the future could be greatly improved if I am able to play just with a guardian present upon registration and pickup. 

tannerbell27

tannerbell27

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMartin, TN

They have to be on site the entire time. They can't just drop you off.

ACL0NETR00PER

ACL0NETR00PER

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So, I am currently 16, and I am looking forward to traveling to OP: Copperhead 2 latter this year. I do understand that I have to have a legal parent or guardian on site, and that I can obtain a temporary guardianship form for that event. How old does the "temporary guardian" have to be for this event? Does he/she have to be 18 to have legal temp. guardianship? Or is it 21? or somewhere in between?

zconflictz

zconflictz

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

do i need to email the waiver or bring a physical copy

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

physical copy

KaleemS

KaleemS

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Hello so ESR19-4 will be my first event. I have the temporary guardian form ready and notarized since I am 17 years old. is there another waiver that I need to sign in order to play? I read some stuff about waivers last week but I cant seem to find anything on a waiver for ESR19-4

Tm vsr 10

full Laylax bolt

Dangerwerx Type B hopup arm

470fps/.20's

"If it works for you then don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

KaleemS

KaleemS

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Hello so ESR19-4 will be my first event. I have the temporary guardian form ready and notarized since I am 17 years old. is there another waiver that I need to sign in order to play? I read some stuff about waivers last week but I cant seem to find anything on a waiver for ESR19-4

Tm vsr 10

full Laylax bolt

Dangerwerx Type B hopup arm

470fps/.20's

"If it works for you then don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

This is the ESR-19 specific waiver.  This needs to be filled out and signed by your parents, or your temp guardian can sign it when you arrive to check in. 

http://americanmilsi...-event-release/

ARmotiv8

ARmotiv8

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

My son is 17.  He spoke with someone on the phone and got the impression he only needed the End State 4 specific waiver and that it had to be notarized.  So, we did that.  But, after reading this posts, I think he needs this waiver and temporary guardian paperwork for someone else who will be on site since none of his parents will be at the event. Am I correct in my understanding?  Thanks.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

That is correct, he will need to have a parent/temporary guardian on site, so he will need the temp guardian paperwork.  That is the only thing that is required to be notarized, so I suspect that there was a miscommunication there.  I'm glad you double checked here.  I don't suppose he will be 18 years old by the time of the event, will he?

TTT_01

TTT_01

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a question about OP: Faded Giant 5, coming at the end of this year. I wanted to know what the age restrictions would be for the OP, because I saw somewhere on the rule set or a forum post that said each Operation would have different or specific age restrictions or guidelines. I planned on attending OP Faded Giant 5 as my first milsim and planned on going with two of my friends and my Dad. My friends and I being 14,14, and 17.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

Faded Giant is 18 and up per the facility.  Sorry.

ryan23east

ryan23east

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
What is the minimum age requirement for ironclad and ironhorse

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

What is the minimum age requirement for ironclad and ironhorse

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users