American MilSim
Alex AMS

Age requirements for AMS events & Paperwork Required

If your grandparents are taking you, then you need to have your parents fill out the temporary guardanship paperwork prior to the event, and have them list your grandparents as temporary guardian. It then needs to be notorized prior to the event, and brought with you. The minor application needs to be filled out and emailed prior to the event per the instructions on the first post.

If your grandparents have legal custody of you, then you do not need a temporary guardianship for them, but it sounds like you live with your parents from the wording in your first post.

My son is 12 and has been playing hard core for the last 8 months. Very mature, it was that interpret the rules and isn't a crybaby. We registered for Milsom as our local airsoft dealer told us as long as I was with him he would be allowed to play. We've already paid for reindeer games that I just now read where the minimum age is 14 but they may be allowed to play if approved by Milsim.

Can anybody advise if this is the norm, regarding getting his age approved.

Just trying to make plans thank you for any help.

Shane

My son is 12 and has been playing hard core for the last 8 months. Very mature, it was that interpret the rules and isn't a crybaby. We registered for Milsom as our local airsoft dealer told us as long as I was with him he would be allowed to play. We've already paid for reindeer games that I just now read where the minimum age is 14 but they may be allowed to play if approved by Milsim.

Can anybody advise if this is the norm, regarding getting his age approved.

Just trying to make plans thank you for any help.

Shane

I'm currently 16 and I would like to go to Iron Horse 2. Do I have to have a parent/ guardian on site for the event?

If a player is 16-17 years old at the time of check in, they are required to have a Parent/Legal Guardian on site for each event.  Temporary guardianship may be granted with the Authorization for Temporary Guardianship of Minor form found below.  If temporary guardianship is used please show Temporary Guardianship paperwork at time of registration.  TEMPORARY GUARDIANSHIP PAPERWORK MUST BE NOTARIZED PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT THE FIELD OR IT IS VOID!!!!!!

Hello all,

My twin brother and I are both 16 and want to go to an millsim event. My question is can the temp guardian be playing the game as well, or do they need to stay out of the game. For example, if my guardian is in my squad, is that acceptable?

Thanks in advance,

Jeffy

Hello all,

My twin brother and I are both 16 and want to go to an millsim event. My question is can the temp guardian be playing the game as well, or do they need to stay out of the game. For example, if my guardian is in my squad, is that acceptable?

Thanks in advance,

Jeffy

So I'm 14 and was wanting to go to ironclad 3. I will be going with my dad and my friend who is 14. We know we both need the minor application form but do we both need temporary guardianship or just him? My dad will be playing with us.

Does minor application need to be notarized?

To answer Liame02's question, you should look into that particular event and make sure minors are allowed. Once you make sure of that, you need to make sure the parents of whoever you are playing with sign a waiver stating that your father will be his temporary guardian for the duration of the game, that is, after your application is approved. You will more than likely need a federally-recognized ID for IronClad, like a Driver's License or a Passport. Be sure to check with an AMS administrator to make sure, but this is what I know.

When you say the adult has to be on the ao with us do you mean actually out on the field or just in like the staging area or something similar and if you do mean on the field do they have to follow me around on the field as if they were playing