American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
PxFizz

m4 FPS too high.. + drum-mag = support weapon?

I recently bought a new M4, in video reviews I've seen, It slightly jumps 400 FPS while chrono'n with .20s. I've noticed that FPS limit is taken VERY seriously. Sooo rather than sniping my spring or dropping more money on a new one, could I run a drum mag and play under Support Class regulations and the FPS limit of 420?

Guest Specs

Like mentioned above. Honestly springs aren't that much and the process to swap them out is pretty simple. I'd just go that route. If you do snip it a bit, typically each coil is roughly 10-15 FPS, and you'll want to bend the end to a completely flat loop. Not doing so puts a huge strain on your gearbox shell.

This question reminds me of back when East Wind used to allow M4 carbines for ratelos and squad leaders with everyone else using M16s.  I had an under 18 player sign up that then sent me an email saying that he only had an M4 and since he did not want to carry a radio he needed to be a squad leader.   A squad leader, at East Wind...  Because he was less prepared than the other squad members? 

So...  

I refunded his money and told him East Wind was not for everyone.  (code for fuck off kid, you bother me)