American MilSim

ALways good to be self reliant and prepared especially when it comes to food and water.  Even if water is promised to be at an even I show up with at least 4 liters.  1L on my person and the rest with my gear.  That's minimum. 

Guest Specs

Like everyone said above. It's pretty common for squads to carry 1-2 Liters on their person, and keep more water in a squad bag at respawn to refill between deaths.

We will typically state if water is available.  A lot of times it is available, but it will taste funny, or it will not be cold.  The most reliable source of water is to bring enough for yourself for the entire weekend.

do you guys think 2 2 gallon water jugs will be enough for the weekend

That's a difficult question to answer. We all have different needs. My buddy Kooler can get away with one gallon while I need at least twice or more what he goes through.

I would suggest at least 4 gallons. It's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Also get yourself a bottle or two of Pedeolyte to help replace lost electrolytes due to sweating and over-hydrating. I prefer the flavored generic kind found at Wal-Mart. It's cheaper and tastes better.

Bring at least a gallon jug to refil.  2.5L is not much.  It's just over half a gallon.  On a good day of running around you'll suck down a half gallon of water in no time.  

Also keep in mind, you will be there more then just when you are running around on the field.  Especially if you are camping on site.  You will need water for cooking, and cleaning in addition to drinking all night when the game is not going on. 

I go through a lot of water. Easily a gallon just playing at my local cqb feild in just about 4 hours. I plan on bringing 4 gallon jugs as well as a 24 or 32 pack of bottels. I am camping. And a 2L hydro pack when on the feild.