AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Short Barreled Toaster

Question for the gun truck guys

Here in about two months I will be getting my hands on an old S10 Blazer. I plan on making cutting the roof off from the front seats back and mounting my M60. My question is how did you all go about mounting your guns on to your trucks. Pictures are always helpful but any advice is greatly appreciated.

Guest Specs

Custom metal work for bracket's I'm sure! There was an impressive UFS POV at BH4 that even had 4 SAW's mounted, 1 to each side.

Fast'n'easy,,

Just get a cargo bar that clips to the lips of the rain gutters above the front doors. Attach your LMG mount to the cargo bar. ;)

Don't wanna start a new thread, this one should do. 

I am now the proud owner of a 98 Mazda B2500. Aside from a very, very, minor leak in the radiator (gonna get that replaced before the year's out) and no tacometer (that's literally one wire and really just a minor inconvenience) it's a good little truck. Unfortunately, it isn't a 4x4. What events allow for non-4x4 vehicles? 

Would it be at all viable to remove the windshield to allow use of a machine gun by the passenger? 

Finally, anyone know of a 4x4 conversion kit that wouldn't be so expensive and labor intensive as to merit purchasing a new vehicle altogether? 

Here in about two months I will be getting my hands on an old S10 Blazer. I plan on making cutting the roof off from the front seats back and mounting my M60. My question is how did you all go about mounting your guns on to your trucks. Pictures are always helpful but any advice is greatly appreciated.

SBT,

I'm the main gunner on the Demon Hounds/878-Airsoft gun truck.  The mechanical engineering genius for this vehicular opus is our team member Chad Hults.  He has put in so many hours into this truck I can't even begin to count them all.  I can try and explain it but there is so much welding and machining put into it, its hard to explain.

We currently mount 3 Polarstar SAW's, along with the rear facing M134 HPA Mini-gun. The Saw's are mounted on authentic US pintle mounts, not sure of the NSN but you can find them on eBay for about $60 ea under "m249 pintle mount".  If you're looking to mount an M60, you'll need to see if you can acquire the specific mount for it as the M249 pintle is only good for the SAW, M240 and Mk19.  The M60's are mounted using a different mount system.  The pintle's are seated into a custom made receiver that Chad engineered and built.

I'll ask Chad and see if I can get a photo for you, but the biggest trick to building our truck was imagination and thinking outside the box.

--skip