American MilSim
xxhonzoxx

Flying to an airsoft event help.

Hey guys, I wanted to double check on traveling with airsoft guns via flight to any airsoft event. I know that I will need a Hard case with 4 locking points with locks on it I believe. Also a Lipo bag for my batteries. Gas cant be flown but there should be a vendor at the event, yes?

Another thing. How much stuff do you guys bring when you travel? I plan on bringing the gun case(duh), my luggage(will contain my gear, clothing, bbs etc), back pack and possibly my sports bag(empty to fit in my luggage). Thoughts and what do you gues bring or suggest?

What gas are you using? If you don't mind running propane just stop by Wal-Mart. If not, then check the event info to see if there's going to be vendors. 
I bring:
-3 sets of uniforms
-patrol cap and boonie
-good quality boots, all weather Batesvilles if it's cold, jungles or Columbia hikers if it's hot
-helmet
-body armor (if I feel like it, usually I don't but sometimes I just like to)
-weapons (M4/CAR15/M16A1, Colt Officer's ACP 1911)
-15 magazines for my primary, four for my secondary (these get lost and "borrowed" a lot)
-two sets of civis
-8 pairs of good boot socks
-rain gear 
-four 1 qt canteens, 2 2 qts
-propane/CO2/GG if I can, if not I buy this onsite or arrange for some to be waiting for me when I arrive
-smart charger (bring two if you can, this way a buddy can use one OR you can charge two batteries at once)
-power strip
-4 sets of eye pro (gets lost and "borrowed" a lot as well)
-dead rags (if you forget these like a lot of people do, it isn't hard to acquire red cloth)
-LC-2 gear
-ChiCom chest rig
-Kydex 1911 holster/mag pouch
-ALICE 1911 mag pouch 
-10,000 rounds
-shemagh
-fixed blade and pocket knives (DON'T put these in your carry on)
-snivel gear (4 part US Army sleeping bag and "puss pad", usually only bring the outer waterproof bag if it's in the summer)
-shelter halves/tents/hammock/string/poles/stakes
-Field Parka if it's cold
-assorted spare parts and tools
-at least 3 batteries
-flashlight
-first aid kit, mosquito spray, hygiene products and toiletries (coleman biodegradable baby wipes - monkey butt kills), lotion, sunscreen, non-lubricated condoms (to hold water)
-$$$ enough for food, souvenirs, gear, emergencies, bring enough to get you back home on a greyhound just in case
-snacks, gatorade, cigarettes (if you're like me and turn into Oscar the Grouch on Bath Salts when you haven't had a cigarette, bring twice or more than you think you will need, it seems like I can't go to an airsoft game without breaking or soaking mine)
-firestarter (matches, lighter)
-coleman grill
-cups
-paper plates
-zip ties
-duct tape
-laptop/radio/guitar/accordion/something to do after the game before you go to bed, stress kills almost as bad as monkey butt and dehydration
-phone and charger
-blanket, pillow, teddy bear (this is important, studies show that the side with the less Teddy Bears present perpetually fails), pajamas
-Sasquatch repellent OR Sasquatch bait, depends on if I feel like talking to him or not 
-2x 8lb brass balls

I come loaded for bear but I'm comfy and can do my job. Not all of this will be necessary for every single OP but if I go to say, Broken Home, which I'm pretty sure is the closest OP to me, I'm camping out at DDAP and I'm 12 hours from home. I actually have procedure in place to scuttle the unnecessary, heavy, and inexpensive parts of my kit and hitchhike back home if I have to. Then again, I don't own a car and I am probably right on the line of delusional, paranoid, and insane. So, that's me. Hope this helped. 

I just recently flew with my gun and gear to Canada for an event. You need to have the hard case with at least 2 NON-TSA APPROVED LOCKS. TSA locks use a master key to open and this is illegal for fire arms. Nobody can access the gun besides you. keep it locked inside the airport until they tell you to open it. DECLARE IT AS A FIRE ARM AT BAG CHECK IN Trust me, do not try to fly with it as normal luggage because TSA will check it and open it and prolly break it, seen it happen. Say its a fire arm, they check inside your case, prove its unloaded. they can not touch the actual gun. its quick and easy, for me not so much since i had to deal with canadian customs and their airsoft laws which they them selves didnt even know. no gas being flown. carry your gear inside a checked bag but be prepared for it to get opened at some point. if posisble, put your mags in your gun case to prevent confusion. it is ok to fly with ammo, just make sure its not in a baggie to prevent spills. Other than that, it is easy. 

What gas are you using? If you don't mind running propane just stop by Wal-Mart. If not, then check the event info to see if there's going to be vendors. 

I bring:

-3 sets of uniforms

-patrol cap and boonie

-good quality boots, all weather Batesvilles if it's cold, jungles or Columbia hikers if it's hot

-helmet

-body armor (if I feel like it, usually I don't but sometimes I just like to)

-weapons (M4/CAR15/M16A1, Colt Officer's ACP 1911)

-15 magazines for my primary, four for my secondary (these get lost and "borrowed" a lot)

-two sets of civis

-8 pairs of good boot socks

-rain gear 

-four 1 qt canteens, 2 2 qts

-propane/CO2/GG if I can, if not I buy this onsite or arrange for some to be waiting for me when I arrive

-smart charger (bring two if you can, this way a buddy can use one OR you can charge two batteries at once)

-power strip

-4 sets of eye pro (gets lost and "borrowed" a lot as well)

-dead rags (if you forget these like a lot of people do, it isn't hard to acquire red cloth)

-LC-2 gear

-ChiCom chest rig

-Kydex 1911 holster/mag pouch

-ALICE 1911 mag pouch 

-10,000 rounds

-shemagh

-fixed blade and pocket knives (DON'T put these in your carry on)

-snivel gear (4 part US Army sleeping bag and "puss pad", usually only bring the outer waterproof bag if it's in the summer)

-shelter halves/tents/hammock/string/poles/stakes

-Field Parka if it's cold

-assorted spare parts and tools

-at least 3 batteries

-flashlight

-first aid kit, mosquito spray, hygiene products and toiletries (coleman biodegradable baby wipes - monkey butt kills), lotion, sunscreen, non-lubricated condoms (to hold water)

-$$$ enough for food, souvenirs, gear, emergencies, bring enough to get you back home on a greyhound just in case

-snacks, gatorade, cigarettes (if you're like me and turn into Oscar the Grouch on Bath Salts when you haven't had a cigarette, bring twice or more than you think you will need, it seems like I can't go to an airsoft game without breaking or soaking mine)

-firestarter (matches, lighter)

-coleman grill

-cups

-paper plates

-zip ties

-duct tape

-laptop/radio/guitar/accordion/something to do after the game before you go to bed, stress kills almost as bad as monkey butt and dehydration

-phone and charger

-blanket, pillow, teddy bear (this is important, studies show that the side with the less Teddy Bears present perpetually fails), pajamas

-Sasquatch repellent OR Sasquatch bait, depends on if I feel like talking to him or not 

-2x 8lb brass balls

I come loaded for bear but I'm comfy and can do my job. Not all of this will be necessary for every single OP but if I go to say, Broken Home, which I'm pretty sure is the closest OP to me, I'm camping out at DDAP and I'm 12 hours from home. I actually have procedure in place to scuttle the unnecessary, heavy, and inexpensive parts of my kit and hitchhike back home if I have to. Then again, I don't own a car and I am probably right on the line of delusional, paranoid, and insane. So, that's me. Hope this helped. 

Mother of God...I packed less for a 6 month cruise. I bet you make a lot of friends :D

Nice list though. A lot to consider. I will certainly be packing my Teddy Bear(s) for my first OP.

DaRooster, you should see what I bring to pickup games. Played for about 6 hours Saturday and I had easily over 150lbs of gear in my duffel bag and backpack. Admittedly some of that was stuff to be loaned/given away to those without, and some spring guns/kid uniforms for my girlfriend's sons. I try to keep it light in the game though. 

As I tell people, it's not a guy activity unless you have a s*** ton of extra gear you HAVE to have to play. 

Most of my "gotta have" gear sits in my car while I play . . .