American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Thibideaux

Starting Fresh: Belt Kit

Wanting to update my belt kit and would like to know what other players might chose if they were to Start Fresh. Let me know what is good and works or what not to even bother looking at. The more information the better, where to find or who makes it, photos, and links always help. Thank you for your time and input.

What does not work? Blue Force Gear's Ten Speed system: http://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-speed-triple-m4-pouch-with-helium-whisper-attachment-system/. Sure they look really cool and take up very little space but putting mags back into them after you get them out is difficult. Additionally the elastic gradually wears out. I tried these out at work for about a month and after a few range days got rid of them. They were just too much of a headache.

What works great? Fast Mag: http://www.blueforcegear.com/categories/ITW-Military/. I can not attest to the pistol version but their M4/16 magazine pouch is excellent. Definantely a must have for your "happy mag" position on your belt. It is a great design that provides consistant, fast reloads. They are not cheap but quality costs. I use the vest mounted one for my primary rifle magazine reload.

Since getting my HSGI Taco's I've been doing practice speed reloads at home (of coarse) but yesterday I got my first chance to actually use it in game and under stress. They're absolutely amazing. I've found in my past experiences than mag pouches with the retainer flaps are great for making sure you don't loose any mags, but do NOT lend themselves to quick reloads. Even the ones with the bungie retention bug me as I sometimes forget to slip the bungie off the tops of the mags.

HSGI Taco's hold all kinds of mags, and holds them more than snug enough to never loose any mags but at the same time it's easy to extract the mags from the pouches. Even with AK mags and having the little tab on the back of the mag able to catch on the inside of pouches, it was effortless to extract AK mags from my Taco pouches. Taco's are pricey, yes. Are they worth it? Totally.

Like Gunfather6 suggested, Fast Mag type pouches are great. Even if the little rubberband retension system fails or breaks, they sell replacements for cheap. My only issue with Fast Mags is that I've only seen them for M16/M4 mags, and myself being an AK fan means Fast Mags are a no-go for me.

I use a blackhawk molle belt for my belt. It works well, i just got it used and had to jerry rig it to fit because its a touch large. For pouches, i just use the standard condor/voodoo stuff for mags, will be switching to the tacos metal was talking about, those things are awesome.

+1 On the HSGI sure grip belt, tried out my buddies today and this is the best battle belt I have ever tried!

Combine that with Taco pouches and you have a high quality flexible belt system.

I wear the HSGI sure grip and it works well. I didn't load it down with pouches but I did have a few things attached. The best thing was after the Op had finished I didn't feel any pain or discomfort from having it on.

+1 On the HSGI sure grip belt, tried out my buddies today and this is the best battle belt I have ever tried!

Combine that with Taco pouches and you have a high quality flexible belt system.

*Nod*

Pulled the trigger on a new belt set up, I love my EMDON CM Belt but it's hard to beat HSGI not to mention all the real-estate you are going to get on a Sure Grip. Will be running 1-2 FASTMAGs for my primary and 2 TACOs for my secondary mags, EMDOn Dump pouch and prob do a custom blowout kit on the ass end.

HA!^ JP is expecting a blowout on his ass end. Then again, that's where I keep my Eagle Industries dump pouch. So, I'm expecting do dump on my backside.

Anyways, all tiolet humor aside.....I just got my HSGI sure-grip battle/war belt a couple days ago. You know how you sometimes feel dumb for not doing something sooner? Yeah, this was one of those times. This belt is the primo battel belt! I already have all my stuff from my BlackHawk belt transfered to the HSGI. The padding, excellent. Suspenders? Not necessary, even with all the stuff I have loaded onto mine. If you run a battle belt and you DON't have an HSGI battle/war belt, now is the time to remedy that.

* I will be posting pics of my new belt set up in the appropriate thread.

I know this is kinda late but I have ressearched this extensively, and am new to the forum. If I started new I would use a HSGI suregrip with tacos and a g-code holster (or any brand) as well as an endom dump pouch. I tried a huge suregrio on (Like 8 inches too big) and when I jumped in it, it didnt even move. After wasting money on a condor belt, I would start off higher end.

-Voodoo (Colorado)