American MilSim
spartanc54

m4 troubles

I have Wal-Mart bought m4 black ops aeg. Does anyone have two m4's aeg that they can bring for me and a friend to use? Our guns just stopped working and we can't exactly figure out what's wrong with them. I will take them apart and look at them but I don't think they will be fixed by next weekend. We're going to broken home 4 and we are officially out of guns. I am going to order a co2 blowback sometime soon but I don't have the money for it right now.

What's wrong is your gun is from Walmart.  Even if you could fix it, which you can't, it wouldn't be able to survive a weekend of MilSim.

EDIT:  My apologies, that came out a lot meaner than I intended.  Not trying to be an asshole.

Its usually impossible to work with lower end airsoft guns as they tend to be made with very cheap materials that are not compatible with aftermarket parts.

What's wrong is your gun is from Walmart.  Even if you could fix it, which you can't, it wouldn't be able to survive a weekend of MilSim.

You have contributed nothing constructive to this thread.  A simple question was asked, and your reply did nothing but belittle someone asking for help.  Please keep it civil.

Wal-Mart is not really the best choice for buying an airsoft gun. That being said, what exactly is your gun doing? Also Kastaway will have a store out on the field and I'm sure there are bound to be some good deals on a few rifles there. Hit up your fellow squad members or give word up your chain of command and I'm positive someone will be kind enough to lend you a spare rifle.

You have contributed nothing constructive to this thread.  A simple question was asked, and your reply did nothing but belittle someone asking for help.  Please keep it civil.

You didn't answer it either  <_<

The problem could be something as simple as a blown fuse or the motor is out of adjustment (too tight) which can just jam up and act like nothing is happening. Since you purchased tickets anyways then come out to the op with your weapons, there are a lot of knowledgable vets that would be more than willing to have a look. Also worst case if the weapon cannot be fixed then inform your chain of command in your squad and platoon. I guarantee your leader would not want to put a weaponless soldier in the field. Many of us bring secondary and even third weapons to events like this. I'm sure something can be worked out for you. If you can make it out early Friday, you have a better chance at getting the problem solved.

Lt. Sabre, Alpha Co 4plt leader

Guest OppenheimerAirsoft

SpartanC54

If you come to the event stop by the Oppenheimer booth talk to Matt. (me). If you seem like a decent person I'll let you guys run one of my personal guns. Granted it will be based upon trust and respect, but if you and your guys seem legit I'll see what we can do for you even if its running the op with a brand new gun. To me personally I hate to see new players suffer for the lack of a good local support system. That is the main reason I got into this retail gig.(even with all the frustration that comes with that) In the end its about good will.

Matt

Hit us up if you cant get a loaner.

SpartanC54

If you come to the event stop by the Oppenheimer booth talk to Matt. (me). If you seem like a decent person I'll let you guys run one of my personal guns. Granted it will be based upon trust and respect, but if you and your guys seem legit I'll see what we can do for you even if its running the op with a brand new gun. To me personally I hate to see new players suffer for the lack of a good local support system. That is the main reason I got into this retail gig.(even with all the frustration that comes with that) In the end its about good will.

Matt

Hit us up if you cant get a loaner.

OppenheimerAirsoft, thank you so much. I'll try getting some money together to buy my own gun from a vendor on site, but thank you for helping because this situation just blind sided us.

Addressing every one else on the thread, I know that by no means a Wal-Mart low end gun would be as good as some of the high end ones from evike or other vendors of the same caliber, but they were cheap and we were expecting them to last at least through one op. I'll bring them out to the op to see if someone can help fix them. The problem seems to be the batterys are fully charged but they don't even turn the motor. Absolutely nothing happens on the trigger pull.

Sabre, thank you for your insight, the earliest I can get there though is after school Friday so I don't know if I can get the problem fixed in that amount of time, not to mention I still haven't been contacted by anyone to say what squad I'm in. I don't know if I typed in the wrong information or something but nonetheless I still have no clue who I'm with

I know how you feel guy, I am bringing 3 guns only 1 works well enough to last the weekend 

1- m16a4 - right now it only shoots auto on weak ass spring because cut off lever is guarder mush and I put in shs 12:1 gears so now my classic army ferrite motor cant handle and a simple sp120 because of the added load the gears give. new motor and lever should be here this week... maybe

2 -dboys rk05- same cut off problem and crap range .... spent all my money buying real steel parts to put on it LOL should have new cut off lever tomorrow and real steel gas tube later this week 

3- dboys rk01- completely stock just re shimmed and re lubed it...... actually works 

I  plan on buying a M type gun from kastaway to replace my m16 since it is old as hell if he has one for a decent price.

hell I even bought a stock gear box off ebay last night so if I end up not needing it I will sell it to you for what I paid (around 25 usd) and install it for you free of charge or even just fix yours since I am bringing pretty much all my tools lol

also just saw your new post.

test 1 

take off your motor grip plate , take off wires and remove motor ,reconnect wires to motr once it is out if the grip and pull the trigger with battery connected to see if motor spins , if not the motor shorted and needs to be replaced

test 2

if you have a voltage meter (if not go get cheap one they are like 6 usd) take your motor wires with the battery connected pull the trigger and check to see if you get a reading with your meter on the wires going to the motor, then disconnect your battery and take the voltage reading of it, the reading from your battery should match the one you get from your motor wires if not then you have a short some where in which case make sure you motor wires conectors are not shorting out on you motor grip plate if that is not the problem make sure no metal shavings fell into your motoe if not take out your wiring and check for breaks in the insulation

test 3

okay so going back to the motor wires if you didnt get a reading then find the fuse and take it out then test voltage on the metal parts holding the fuse no need to pull trigger as the fuse is before your trigger switch, if you still dont get a reading then see if you get a reading from your battery if not then your tamiya connectors are fucked and need to be replaced with deans, if you cant solder watch a video on youtube with mom or dad and get cheap iron,solder, and deans plug from a place like radio shack or a hobby shop and have them help you if you need it

TimmyHorton, thank you, I ran through all the tests and the motor did not work and I was not able to get a reading on anything with a circuit tester so I'll bring them out but I don't really know what can be done about it

SpartanC54 - Did you sign up for CoST or UFS? if CoST then what is your name so I can check my data to see where you are.