AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
pappy

Two rules questions

First:

B. Classic / PolarStar /High Pressure Gas guns will chronograph using .32g BBs .  Hopup to be turned off, Elite Force BIO .32G BBs will be supplied for chrono purposes. Players may use any weight BBs during the game.

This is just straight curiosity...why chrono HPA with .32 as opposed to .20s?  Isn't doing the conversion for the heavier bbs just adding more work rather than doing it with .20s, or is it because the joule creep evens out at higher bb weight?

Second...

SAFETY KILLS / RUBBER "EDGED" WEAPONS

Credit Spook

Safety Kills are a courtesy, play with honor.

Safety Kills with a Pistol or Rifle

A. Players within a 20 foot engagement range may be "Safety killed".

B. The player must yell out loudly "Safety" at the target and can only "safety" kill one player at a time.

C. Players DO NOT have to automatically "take a safety kill"

But for rifleman, there is no min engagement distance...this seems kind of confusing, non?  Also, as a suggestion, but most places I play at "saftey kill" is not an option..."surrender" is an option.  The wording of "kill" to me leaves little option as to being dead or not, but surrender is an option that can be taken...or not...lol.  Maybe it is just me, but I think that small change in wording can make a difference in the field.  I know I had an issue with that last year on the second day, don't really want to see a repeat of it.

Just my two cents, but wanted some quick clarification.

Thanks!

Pappy...out

if you offer any type of safety to anybody, they do not have to take it. you are correct that rifle man have no MED but you can still offer a safety kill. ill let you know that i will turn around and shoot you so your better off taking the kill. we sign up to get bbs shot at us. As for the chrono, it is because most people running these platforms do not use such a light weight bb and do not want them in their guns. I know for a fact that my lm4 bolt will break that .20 most likely. it is just a easier way to do it for us "gas" people. the houles is not what they are looking at. if they were then bb gram would have no place in the equation as the joule rate hardly changes with the bb. joule stays the same as the weight rises, fps lowers. they want to see it shoot under 320fps

at least that is how i view the chrono rule. honestly, and it would take high quality chronos in my opinion, i would love to see all events from local to national chrono use joules. You can for the most part chrono with any weight bb. this would reduce wait time drastically as you do not need to worry about keeping loaded mags or filling players mags with the chrono bb. hell even if a player lies and says they have .25 in their gun but really have .30, the joules will be just about the same. but that is just a dream

Guest Specs

Your opportunities for a blade kill are extremely low anyway. If I see someone within that close distance, I'll just pull the sidearm out for the kill a hundred times over taking that chance for the edged weapon kill. 

The glory is tempting, but it's both rare, and likely to backfire on you and your squad.

at least that is how i view the chrono rule. honestly, and it would take high quality chronos in my opinion, i would love to see all events from local to national chrono use joules. You can for the most part chrono with any weight bb. this would reduce wait time drastically as you do not need to worry about keeping loaded mags or filling players mags with the chrono bb. hell even if a player lies and says they have .25 in their gun but really have .30, the joules will be just about the same. but that is just a dream

I'm 99% sure they chrono with .32 because of the joules. A gun chronoing 320 w/.32 has the same joules as another gun shooting 400 w/.2. But if you take a P* or any other HPA gun, chances are it's over-volumed, so if you take said HPA gun and chrono at 400 w/.2 but then go back to using .32s for the game, it will shoot hotter than the AEG shooting with .32s, it will not chrono 320 with a .32 because it's naturally over volumed, unlike a vast majority of AEG's that usually have correct cylinder to barrel air volume. So chronoing this way ensures all guns are shooting at safe, fair levels.

I don't know if you play Battlefield, but its kind of like that (knife).

Knife kills are very rare, but when you do it, its risky, but awesome; and no one will see it. If someone sees it, its another Opfor who will shoot you 

I wouldn't even worry about it. However, that's just my input. 

We chrono with heavier bb's because of Joule creep.  There are other ways to do this, but by chronoing with heavier bb's it takes some of the issues away.

Someone doesn't have to take your safety kill.  Even if you say "bang", it's treated the same as a safety kill.  With no MED on semi, I say put a round in their plate carrier. 

If you are killed with a knife, you are dead dead.  No being bandaged, you go strait back to re-spawn. 

Alex, your very last statement confused me.  If killed by hand, you do not have to wait the alotted bleedout time, and just walk back?  This raises more questions.  Can we stab friendly guys who are bleeding out to have them walk back?  Can we stab enemies who are bleeding out in order to "mercy" kill them?  I.e. "This guy's too far gone for any medic, just put him out of his misery"

Alex, your very last statement confused me.  If killed by hand, you do not have to wait the alotted bleedout time, and just walk back?  This raises more questions.  Can we stab friendly guys who are bleeding out to have them walk back?  Can we stab enemies who are bleeding out in order to "mercy" kill them?  I.e. "This guy's too far gone for any medic, just put him out of his misery"

I'm also interested in this

I'm also interested in this

I feel like your making it more complicated then it has to be.  All other rules stand, THE ONE EXCEPTION is if you are killed by a knife, then you are DEAD.  Everything else is exactly the same as the rules state.  This is an exception outside of the norm, it doesn't make everything else different. 

i understand the rule to allow a walkout for the reason that when you are melee killed, you can not yell hit, dead, or medic. because you can not yell for a medic and are fully dead, you do not need to bleed out because u cant be medic back in. now i would compare it to when ur already medic twice and cant get medic again, but still have to bleed out the 5 minutes. i wonder if making a melee kill result in dead, no medic, but still bleed out may ease some people and keep questions like above from coming up.

i understand the rule to allow a walkout for the reason that when you are melee killed, you can not yell hit, dead, or medic. because you can not yell for a medic and are fully dead, you do not need to bleed out because u cant be medic back in. now i would compare it to when ur already medic twice and cant get medic again, but still have to bleed out the 5 minutes. i wonder if making a melee kill result in dead, no medic, but still bleed out may ease some people and keep questions like above from coming up.

I've thought about this as well, but I feel like it would be confusing for other players.  That's why I like the simple act of just turning into a ghost and going back to respawn.

Alex, please clarify if we can or cannot "Knife" players who are laying in their bleedout period on the ground.  I.e. they have been shot once waiting on a medic, or to be potentially "searched".

that answers my questions, especially on the chrono.  I run a P* and a wolverine, so I was just curious.  Thanks!

Still not a fan of saftey being used as an option.  Saftey to me means if I shoot you it could be dangerous, so there is no option if I say it...its saftey KILL...not saftey if you want.  My suggestion is to change it for the future to surrendor, which in every place I have played has always been an option.  Just think you are blurring lines when you don't really need to.

Joule creep: heavier BBs loose less energy in flight and so have more whack.

Air resistance starts working against your BB as soon as it leaves the barrel. A heavier BB has more momentum than a light one, so looses less energy in flight and has more joules. Joules are a measure of energy, momentum describes the transfer of energy.

Using heavier BBs may also allow for more back spin from the hop increasing the Magnus effect (the lift created by backspin). This could also reduce friction losses in flight with the heavier BBs. 

No matter what the contributions are of the different factors, chrono for joule creep is probably safest and most fair.