American MilSim
Texas_operators

long Thunder B time

so ive tried everything to get a 5-10 second burst time for my thunder b's.but the times are anywhere to 50-60 seconds.So my question is,how do i make my burst time shorter?

Godspeed

-Dylan Thomas

You most likely need to have you CO2 escape faster out of your 12 cartridge.

What brand CO2 12g cartridges are using? Crossman and several others have very thick capping and hard to pierce. Look at the top of a spent cartridge. If it's only a very tiny pin hole, try a different brand CI2 cartridge. I have found the UMAREX brand cartridges are the best on the market.

Second, you may have to sharpen the piercing pin that the hammer engages. A small fine grit file or nail file should do the trick.

Third, check for cracks the threaded area and make sure your shelves are secured and tight. This will help that you're making a good seal and no pressure is being lost.

Good luck. I hope this helps!

What I did was remove the spoon mechanism leaving the hammer exposed when the C02 cartridge is placed. Then I smack the hammer on a hard surface puncturing the cartridge. The Thunder B goes off in a matter of seconds.... so throw it quick.

Another important thing is to make sure the C02 is not leaking from the top. I had one leak due to a lost o-ring so I replaced it with a #14 o-ring and it works great.

^I did that until one exploded in my hands.

What I've noticed as the main cause is that people leave the hammer cocked back for a long time and the hammer spring on them seems to lose its tension fast.

They should really sell replacement hammer spring kits.