American MilSim
Cirrus

Why is camo so friggin expensive

I like to go to my local surplus store.
They had multi cam for $15 and they had some Crye and Tru-sec for around $20. You can find some good stuff at a surplus store.

Ebay is your friend.

I bought a multicam Massif shirt on ebay (brand new with tags) for $30 and a set of crye pants for $50.
And at least the gear doesn't have to match. Go tan with whatever ya need and boom. :) All set.

There's absolutely NO reason you need to break your bank acct to play. :)

And your right good gear doesn't make a good soldier, it's the heart that counts right?

Wisdom from the mouth of babes. That's probably the best advice anyone could give you, and you said it. Keep that mindset.

Clothes can be some of the cheapest stuff you can buy. You could try borrowing a set from someone that is pretty close to your size for your first event, or you could arrange with someone here to pick them up in person at whatever event you're both going to. If you go this route, understand that they might be late or unable to make it. Make sure you have a backup plan. More than likely someone can loan you a set or sell you something on the cheap. Also check the rules to see if you could possibly run tan cargo pants and a tan shirt. If so, a cheap tan work shirt and some cargo pants from Goodwill will only be like $25 altogether. 

The local Military Surplus store has a lot of DCU on the shelves right now. I picked up a used in good condition set just to have a set on hand for 24 dollars. Woodland was the same price. They even had a few pieces of British DPM in there for a few dollars more.

Surplus stores are the best.

I gotta get the wife a few sets of cammies. Woodland, and DCU are on the list next payday and I'll be able to outfit her with both for less than 50 dollars. Since this is a Marine town they had TONS of MARPAT in both des and woodland. And a few oddball patterns from other countries but size selection was limited on those. Any "specialty" camo, such as ATACS and Multicam, even used was about 10 dollars more.

I got lucky with this cause my dad was in the military and had few pairs of pants that fit me that he gave me, but as for the shirt I found one Combat shirt on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L7P140G/?coliid=I3TDBLE488IH6M&colid=8MTK7T7LJC1E&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Reviews seemed good and it seemed cheap, figured couldn't be that bad. But I haven't actually used any of my gear in an event yet so I can't confirm it'll work well in any kind of event.