American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
The Rick

Copperhead AAR

Fox Company all had a great time. Thanks to AMS for putting on such a great event. We will definitely be attending the next one!

One thing that we did want to mention; we felt it would have been nice to change the front lines to run east and west, and have a north to south battle. Seems like more of the AO would have been utilized this way (and allowed for more players on the AO) and that eastward wind would not have had as large of an impact. Just a thought, not sure the logistics of everything would have worked that way or not, but I figured I'd throw the idea out there for the next one.

Can't wait for the full AAR.

A Fantastic event. One of the best organized and planned out games I've ever played in. From start to finish adrenaline rush. The wind was no ones fault and I had to quit the field early Sunday due to failure of my primary. But all n all a wonderful time was had for sure. Please bring Copperhead back to NM in 16.

Thanks so much.

This was my first AMS event and I've gotta say I've never experienced anything like this. I had so much fun and seriously enjoyed the AO. I will for sure be returning In 2016 for Copperhead 2 and will absolutely be attending other AMS events in the future.

Great event. Great AO. Great organization. 10/10 would operate again.

Once again AMS blew away my expectations i knew this AO was going to be a good weekend but for it to have been that much fun, both factions played hard im glad i did not miss it and my friend that this was his first event first thing he asked me at 0200 Sunday was when the next event and can we get tickets now!

This was my first AMS event and I had a great time. Looking forward to attending more events in the future. As far as constructive criticism goes I only had a problem with 2 things. The first is that it seemed like most of the fighting was contained in a small portion of the map. I think someone mentioned that above. The second was I would overhear different answers to questions pertaining to in game things such as opening and closing doors or medic treatment in buildings from game admins both red shirt and patch. Other than that everything was great. Thanks to everyone at AMS who made this possible.

Well, despite Mr Murphy doing his utmost to make Force Recon Canada's trip down to Copperhead a bust, we had a wikid time. Th AO was hands down the best we've played to date I would say. If not then pretty damn close to it. Stunning scenery. The Hit calling was the best I've seen in the sport to date. Honourable players all round and very refreshing for a change.

I have only a few items to bring up. First, I felt that there wasn't a ton of Command and Control going on. We always felt like it was bit of a free for all as a squad. I would love to see a more dedicated command structure that squads can go to for direction. We tried multiple times to get in touch with our command and was never able to so we basically went where ever we thought we were needed most/ wanted to go.

The second Item relates to the size of the AO. UFS had the right idea to bring a Uhaul.....the AO was way bigger in reality even though I had paced it out on the map. If CoST dosen't deploy its own troop transports for Copper head next year we will be bringing our own. Personally I think the pace of the game and the ability for commanders to put troops when and where they need them in a timely manner would be a huge game changer and for the better. The turn around time for squads to re-spawn and get back in the fight was really long. 

Third item is a personal gripe....and something that if dealt with, great but if not...meh...I can live with it: Project honour and the lone wolf. I try very hard to ID my targets....but this Project honour stuff. it IS a tan bias camo. Why it has been deemed a Green Camo is beyond me. Not too big of an issue if the fellah wearing it is rolling with other CoST guys wearing Green oriented camo, but the lone wolfers wearing PH WITH tan coloured kit were seriously messing with my shit! I lost count of how many times I was pointing out these guys to my squad while on overwatch or even how many times we lit those guys up by mistake. I would recommend it be given to UFS...my 2 cents.

This was my first AMS event, but my teams second. From all accounts on our side you guys are moving in the right direction on all points. Keep up the good work and get up north!!! 

Finally, a huge shout out to Rick for helping out the Team with some logistics! Cant thank you enough, Cheers!

I was XO for CoST and I feel basically that:

Copperhead was the best AMS event they have put on. 

UFS, you guys kicked ass. The U-Haul flank was epic. It had us on our heels for a few hours afterwards until we could get it sorted out. We didn't expect it, and it was one hell of a haymaker. Your utilization of POVS was top notch and always had us on our heels. Towards the end of Saturday, the wind shifted and gave you guys a severe advantage, but we were able to hold up decently and not lose that much ground. Again, you guys kicked ass and made the event enjoyable. 

I want to commend the proactive approach most CoST players took. With a few days left we realized our CO couldn't make it, so everyone on Command had to step up and take on extra responsibility with little to no prep time. Without the awesome players we wouldn't have done as well as we did. They all stepped up, fought hard, and communicated very well when at some points it broke down. I'm proud of CoST's performance. 

I want to take a moment to talk about how awesome the admins were, and how important Alex is to AMS. Without Alex, the game suffers big time. He's a hard worker, gets shit done, and always keeps the game interesting. Alex, you're the man and I hope you stay as Control as long as AMS puts on games. The admins were far better than they have been in the past, and seemed to always be on the ball, save a few instances where the rules weren't 100% known. 

David Ly dome popped me twice...so there's that. BUT, we had a killer drive by kill on Top. That will make for some good footage. 

All in all, I love the AMS community and want everyone who attended to come to more events. Y'all are awesome. See you at BH4! 

this was my first AMS event,however not my first OP of this size

overall  I enjoyed it, I do have to agree on the access to command staff, there wasn't enough information making its way down the line

I loved having all the support staff walking around, when there was an issue that couldn't be overlooked I could find a ref to check it out

as someone who was wearing Project Honor and was also a Lone Wolf it did allow me to make extra kills, hide in plain sight and move stealthily through enemy lines,However I was on the receiving end of my fair share of friendly fire because of it which ruined some great stalks through the grasslands. I would hate to see PHC go to UFS but that's only because I can wear on CoST and it allowed me some to be sneaky

OP COPPERHEAD AAR:

After a couple weeks of post OP boredom I'm now writing my AAR. First off I'd like to thank the staff, volunteers and locals that helped make this a go. The AO was great and it was at a great time of year to be in the high dessert. Its obvious that a LOT has to be taken in to consideration when putting on an event of this nature. Now for my criticism.

*Limited trash facilities- it has always been my experience that when you have a group of people the size of OP Cop trash facilities are ALWAYS needed. I know the goal is pack out what you pack in, but that never works. One roll away dumpster would have been enough for the weekend. If you have a place for trash to go people use it, if not they ignore the trash wether its theirs or not.

*Rotate the AO 90 degrees- the market is an awesome aspect of the town and the way the FOBs were layed out it never really brought the market into play.

*More points of control- the way the game was layed out both sides fought in a very limited area, mostly the three check points, not even the flag sites. Could we make more(10+) flags or points of control? It felt that if there were more positions to hold it would have spread the forces out more and made for better contact with the opposing side.

*Night game being cancelled- Ask for volunteers! I know that everyone in my group would have dropped everything to help pull tents down especially if it ment the night game or not. I understand 200 volunteers doesn't help a thing but if staff would have asked for 20 the tents would have been down and the night game could have gone on. If safety was the factor for calling the night game then thats a whole different issue.

The staff on hand during game play was great. There were enough red shirts to clear up any issues on the AO.

I had a great weekend and definitely plan to attend more American MilSim events. The complaints I have are small and if nothing changes I would still highly recommend this event.

Thanks AMS!