AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Doomshaper

Day of BH4

I was wondering what I can expect at this event.

Someone told me there will be no meal breaks(i don't mind MREs or the like), so does that mean the game is nonstop from 10am on the 23rd till 2pm on the 24th?

Are there bathrooms (out houses, etc) or is it best to get bio-wipes and a shovel, lol.

Water, I'm bringing a trunk full (exaggeration but you get it) to be self-sufficient, but will there be water from staff or w/e for those "just in case" moments or is there a place we can fill up our Camelbaks? (faucet/s)

What about the environment? Example being can i expect to be "IN" water at any point therefore needing spare socks.

Only asking these questions because I've been to smaller Milsim events where I SHOULD have asked these types of questions when I first started playing, lol.

Anymore you can think of let me know.

No toilets in the field and come to this event knowing you will get your ass handed to you by the terrain and the Mother Nature. Find a map of the area and you will see that it's all up hill battles, it gets HOT and humid with very little wind to cool you off. You have the right idea with the water but make sure you have a way to bring extra water into the field. Staying in the field is imperative to winning, you eat when you can not when you want to so mostly its just snacking at the respawn while your waiting for your time to come back into play.

Plan for the worse and hope for the best.

Someone told me there will be no meal breaks(i don't mind MREs or the like), so does that mean the game is nonstop from 10am on the 23rd till 2pm on the 24th?

Are there bathrooms (out houses, etc) or is it best to get bio-wipes and a shovel, lol.

Water, I'm bringing a trunk full (exaggeration but you get it) to be self-sufficient, but will there be water from staff or w/e for those "just in case" moments or is there a place we can fill up our Camelbaks? (faucet/s)

What about the environment? Example being can i expect to be "IN" water at any point therefore needing spare socks.

Only asking these questions because I've been to smaller Milsim events where I SHOULD have asked these types of questions when I first started playing, lol.

Check out the OBH forum archives as well as search YouTube for "Broken Home" will give you an idea of terrain, etc...

1.  The game runs in "evolutions."  Last year there was a Friday night evolution, a Saturday day and Saturday night evolution, and a Sunday evolution.  It was not a continuous event.

2.  There is a bathroom facility on site (not in the field).  I never went in, but I heard some horror stories about it.

3.  There are faucets at some of the camping spots.  Whether or not the water is safe to drink is questionable.. I drank a lot of it and was fine, but a friend managed to get c. diff.

4.  I don't recall ever seeing any running water in creeks or streams.  Lots of hills, lots of rocks.  Every time I think about the hills I get flashbacks of the mountain we had to climb going from the CoST base to Athens (I think?).

You might want a spare pair of socks.  You'll definitely want a spare base layer shirt.  I wore the same shirt the whole weekend and it was absolutely disgusting.

The bathrooms in the campground werent too bad until after Saturday day. Spare clothes are always a good idea. I bring two uniforms and multiple pairs of socks, because even if you aren't standing in water, your feet will sweat a lot.

You may also want to consider bringing allergy medicine (if you have allergies), and some antihistamine cream. Sunscreen wouldn't be a bad idea either.

You will be allowed to leave the field whenever you see fit, however, we need as many people on the field as possible at all times, so snacks to keep you going will be great. They do break for Dinner between Saturday Evolution and Saturday Night Evolution, and last year I got the meal plan, and the food they had on site was awesome.

Cliff bars and field stripped mres are a great choice for in the field you find time when your reloading at the spawn. As for water bring as much as you can carry I made the mistake on Friday of bh3 to only bring a 1.5 liter hydration bladder, this year I'm packing 3.5L water is no joke out there AMS was awesome and passed out some bottled water last year but don't count on them saving your butt from dehydration. Good socks are another big one last year I went home with lots of ruined socks because my feet started bleeding on day 2, get some good quality socks don't just Walmart it like I did.