American MilSim
Firefox88

Saf-smoke

I didn't experience it first hand, but heard several complaints about some of the smoke grenades deployed at previous events. The smoke is toxic and/or burns eyes, nose and throat of those who walk through it or are down wind of it. I'm a deputy sheriff and am able to obtain saf-smoke non toxic smoke grenades. Before I spend money on these, are they allowed, both by AMS rules and also state law at broken home?

Guest Specs

Agreed about the smoke comment. I had the misfortune as CDF in RY2 of sitting in an attic space when smoke was thrown into our building. Smoke can only go up. I find that it's simply best to call yourself out in those instances and to just vacate the building/area, especially if said person has asthma issues.

But I'll also admit that the few times I've been in that situation couldn't convince me that stricter rules should inhibit the average joe from picking up a few smokes. I think the key for most AMS approved smokes are the "cold burning" variety. They do still occasionally start fires but nothing compared to other varieties. I'm sure staff can answer that far better than me though.

Agreed about the smoke comment. I had the misfortune as CDF in RY2 of sitting in an attic space when smoke was thrown into our building. Smoke can only go up. I find that it's simply best to call yourself out in those instances and to just vacate the building/area, especially if said person has asthma issues.

But I'll also admit that the few times I've been in that situation couldn't convince me that stricter rules should inhibit the average joe from picking up a few smokes. I think the key for most AMS approved smokes are the "cold burning" variety. They do still occasionally start fires but nothing compared to other varieties. I'm sure staff can answer that far better than me though.

Like cars? lol

If that's the concern, the other one I would like you to look at (a lot less effective) is the flameless tri-chamber. Testing it, we put a bunch of packing paper under and on top of a tri-chamber and let it go in a small can. Nothing. Not even embers. If you guys are iffy about it, I'll bring a couple to BH and show you guys. http://www.safariland.com/flameless-tri-chamber/tri-chamber-flameless-saf-smoke--grenade-1012474.html

If that's the concern, the other one I would like you to look at (a lot less effective) is the flameless tri-chamber. Testing it, we put a bunch of packing paper under and on top of a tri-chamber and let it go in a small can. Nothing. Not even embers. If you guys are iffy about it, I'll bring a couple to BH and show you guys. http://www.safariland.com/flameless-tri-chamber/tri-chamber-flameless-saf-smoke--grenade-1012474.html

These we will allow.  If you could though, demo one for us at Broken Home so that we can see one for reference.