American MilSim
TheJP

OP: BROKEN HOME 4 -- REGISTRATION INFORMATION

Ah, yes, the fabled Broken Home operation.  Oh, how I remember how much fun at Broken Home 3.  It was my first big op I had ever attended and I was addicted.  I've been counting down the days until this Op came back around and you can bet your ass I will be at BH4 come Hell or high water.  I've been wanting to go to other AMS events and just haven't had the means but BH4 will not elude me.  No, it's tradition for me to go to Broken Home now.  I've already got the money set back for the ticket and I'm getting all my gear checked and ready to go.  Even throwing in some PT to help get me ready for this Op.  I can't wait to finally show up to the AO and meet up with all the great people from last year.

Just counting down the days until registration opens. So many great memories from last year and I cannot wait to make some new ones this year. Might have to get a helo run this time around!

Actual question:

Will the faction patches this year be like the super nice PVC ones from BH2, or the cheaper subdued ones from BH3?  Or some other, yet to be seen option?

The faction patches are typically not given out.  They are private purchase items and are available in PVC.

Included in the enlistment fee all players will receive the following at check-In:

• OBH4 Event PVC Patch
  • AMS Vet PVC Patch
  • AO Map
  • OBH4 Event T-Shirt
  • CoST / UFS Faction Patch
  • Ticket for Game End Raffle

They are definitely included and pretty sure they have been every year.  I have a UFS embroidered (BH1)0, UFS Rubber PVC color (BH2), and a UFS Vinyl Subdued (BH3).  I have never paid extra for one.

Personally, I would love it if they did a Rubber PVC the same as BH2 but in Subdued colors from BH3.

Signed up.  Pre-registration sold out in less than eight hours?  I missed it but am glad AMS has that sort of following.  It bodes well for this year's game.

I thought the UFS subdued patch looked great. 

The COST "subdued" patch?  Not so much.  It looked like a promotional handout for some lemon/lime soda.  The colors were too bright.  I stuck with my original issue patch.

They are definitely included and pretty sure they have been every year.  I have a UFS embroidered (BH1)0, UFS Rubber PVC color (BH2), and a UFS Vinyl Subdued (BH3).  I have never paid extra for one.

Personally, I would love it if they did a Rubber PVC the same as BH2 but in Subdued colors from BH3.

Fair enough.  I'll find out how they're doing them this year.  It seems this is the only event where we give out faction patches. 

Thanks for looking into that, Alex.

I agree with moses, although frankly I don't care if the color scheme is subdued or not as long as they're the nice PVC patches.  I gotta rep CoST when I'm walking around campus!

The POV application got lost in the shuffle post Copperhead.  After the OPORDs are approved I'll get another one posted up on the forums.  It SHOULD be out by the middle of this week.