American MilSim

I have carried concealed for over ten years. I carry a Glock 22 (full size, .40 cal, 15 round cap). I think the Glock 23 (compact, .40 cal, 13 round cap) is a better CCW gun but I am not willing to drop the scratch to save an inch here an there. Glock reliability is what wins it for me. CCW guns get abused and dirty from day in and day out use. I know my Glock will always go bang regardless of how long it has been sitting in the hoslter. Speaking of which I use this holster: http://www.lapoliceg...cqcledeslh.html. It has a nice cant and sticks really close to my body. The snaps make it taking it on and off a breeze. The best advice I can give you is make sure you bring enough gun to the gun fight. Small, easily concealable guns are great and all but they don't exactly inspire confidence when you need them.

I currently run a Glock G19 RTF2 model.

Under stress, I feel that this is the best defensive handgun for me that can still be easily concealed. The RTF tears the crap out of my undershirts, however, if my hands are sweating or if it is raining, I will still be able to handle the weapon safely and effectively.

You should check out the new M&P Shield too. Those things are SWEET.

I like my CZ P-07 Duty a lot. It's not ultra-small, but the mag capacity is good. 9mm is what it is, but with +P it's got enough stopping power. Personally I'd rather have plenty of rounds to fire if things got... interesting, and the CZ carries 16. I'm humble enough to admit that I probably would need those extra rounds with the adrenaline pumping. The other good thing about the CZ is it has a long, pretty heavy trigger pull which can be annoying on the range but can avoid one making a costly mistake in a pressure situation.

I love my 1911 too but if I had to choose one to carry it would be the CZ. I've owned Glocks and I know lots of people love them but in my opinion the CZ is a better gun, no contest.

for most three season carry, I carry an XD45 4" with trijicon night sights. when it gets hot, I carry a Walther PPK/S Stainless .380. if I feel like I may need it, I carry a Para Ord GI Expert 5". My Holsters are a Blackhawk IWB, a Bianchi shoulder Holster or IWB for the Walther, and an old M7 shoulder holster for a backup while hunting for the GI Expert. My wife is training up for her CCW with a Ruger SR9C 9mm.

the biggest issue, accuracy wise with any CCW pistol is going to be recoil management and muzzle flash. my PPK/S wants to flip hard upwards and it hurts after a while. I simply put it down after two mags, shoot something else, and come back to it. the muzzle flash can distract you from your front sight. you have to learn how to tune it out.

Well, my choices are a little more off the wall but they work for me and I have the utmost confidence in them. For warm weather I carry a PA-63 (Hungarian copy of the Walther PP) chambered in 9mm Makarov with an 8 round capacity. It's well made with more punch than a .380 and I can easily hold head shots at 50 feet with it. With over 1000 rounds through mine I have yet to have any issue with it. In colder weather I use an EAA Witness in .40 with ported barrel. A unique feature is that while being a DA pistol it can also be carried condition one like a 1911. Speaking of which, I use one that I built personally when I just feel the need for .45 power.

The recommendation I have for you is for the holster. If you are going to carry everyday you should buy a quality holster and for that I highly recommend the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I have been using them for over 6 years now. One for a full size 1911 and the other for a M&P9c. These are absolutely the best concealed carry holsters that you can buy.

If you absolutely do not want to spend the money on a VM-2 as a second choice I recommend the crossbreed supertuck. Not as nice all around but almost as comfortable.

My wife and I both carry Rugers in Holsterstore.com ProCarry HD holsters. She has the .380 LCP and I carry an SP101 in .357 magnum (with a little .25 auto for backup). I've owned several automatics and revolvers. I've learned I prefer revolvers. I've owned a Taurus Ultra-light .38 spl, Taurus Judge Public Defender in .45 LC/ 410 shot, and now my SP101. In auto I've owned a Hi-Point 9mm (Don't laugh, I was 18), a Glock 22, XD40-SC, and Kahr CW40. Definitely love my wheel guns; it's nice to know that it's physically impossible for your gun to jam. ;)

ruger.jpg

Agreed on the LC9. Man, that thing shoots well for a small gun ! I'll probably go buy another LCP again, because it's so easy to grab and put in a pocket. As for the wife, let her shoot several guns. Most women like .38 revolvers or Glock 19, from what I've seen. You also might want to drop ol' Trent Painter a line in OKC at H&H Gun Range - reason? He talks with more shooters in one month than most will in a lifetime. Plus, he's fired more handguns than even I have, and carried a gun probably more in the line of duty than most anyone I can think of. The more I think about CCW, the more I want something simple. I'm a Sig and 1911guy, but that is not what most people should be using, lol.

My wife and I both carry Rugers in Holsterstore.com ProCarry HD holsters. She has the .380 LCP and I carry an SP101 in .357 magnum (with a little .25 auto for backup). I've owned several automatics and revolvers. I've learned I prefer revolvers. I've owned a Taurus Ultra-light .38 spl, Taurus Judge Public Defender in .45 LC/ 410 shot, and now my SP101. In auto I've owned a Hi-Point 9mm (Don't laugh, I was 18), a Glock 22, XD40-SC, and Kahr CW40. Definitely love my wheel guns; it's nice to know that it's physically impossible for your gun to jam. wink.png

Just got my CCW after 5+ months of waiting...

Now I am on the waiting list for an M&P Shield in 9mm, was looking at getting my wife a Khar PM9 or CM9 (hoping she picks the CM9!). I know she hates dbl triggers and probably would prefer a striker fires pistol. I'd love for her to try a LCP or LC9 though. I have owned a P89 for ever and while to doesn't shoot lasers, I have never had an issues with it, even when extremely dirty.

Finally got my CHL, here's my usual EDC.

8104073715_cc6de01144_b.jpg

Gen 4 G19, luckily I haven't had a single malfunction that wasn't user induced. Currently have ~900 rounds through it. While I don't really pay attention to the ejection, it doesn't hit me in the face. Other than that, it's a Glock. Oh, it's wearing a grip force adapter, still getting used to it. May take it off though because I don't noticeably benefit from it (I do admittedly suck with pistols though, taking many classes to mitigate that).

Comp-Tac MTAC holster. Pretty comfortable, and conceals under a T-shirt. Also have a full Kydex holster, but it's mainly for range use.

G19 reload in Kytex gear mag pouch. Awesome cheap ($15) mag pouches, don't feel bad about abusing them. Need to get some G17 mags for reloads though.

Ares Gear Ranger belt, in awesome batman colors! Really stiff belt, make sure you measure twice before you order!

I alternate between 2 knives, a SOG flash 1 when I don't want a huge knife, or my recently acquired Kershaw RJ1.

Wallet is made by Saddleback Leather, really like it, but i'm switching back to a front pocket wallet soon, don't like big wallets much anymore.

Suunto Vector watch. It does things. Lots of things. Not really sure how many things it does. But they're cool things.

And finally, my trusty iOS5 laden iPhone 4s. Had an EVO, decided that I didn't make enough use of the customizability and wanted a phone that just worked. And for me the iphone fits the bill. It's in a switcheasy case. Great company to deal with. They just replaced this one for free under warranty no hassle.

I carry a Springfield XD9SC. 16 rounds of Golden Sabers?! Yes please! 3" barrel means I can't shoot 147 gr without a significant loss in muzzle velocity, but the expansion on the 124s is still fantastic.

I'm also a Glock fan.  I carry a Glock 23 loaded with Hornady Critical Defense rounds.  I carry a second mag loaded with the standard Remington FMJ and keep another loaded with the same in the center console of my car.

Quick update, been using a Raven Concealment vanguard 2 with my G19 for ~3 1/2 months now carrying AIWB (Kind of, closer to 12:00). I love it, I can EASILY conceal my G19 under just a T-shirt, and it's extremely comfortable. I forget that I have my gun on. It took a couple of days to get past the fear of blowing my nuts off though. 

Oh, and I use Speer 124gr +p gold dots. Also now have 1100 rds through my glock w/o cleaning and 0 malfunctions. Planning to go to 2k.

Quick update, been using a Raven Concealment vanguard 2 with my G19 for ~3 1/2 months now carrying AIWB (Kind of, closer to 12:00). I love it, I can EASILY conceal my G19 under just a T-shirt, and it's extremely comfortable. I forget that I have my gun on. It took a couple of days to get past the fear of blowing my nuts off though. 

Oh, and I use Speer 124gr +p gold dots. Also now have 1100 rds through my glock w/o cleaning and 0 malfunctions. Planning to go to 2k.

Nice Ray, gonna have G-Code send me one of their Incogs...

You need to come up for Broken Home or Faded Giant man... good times.

We are working on the AO for RDG as well with a little luck will be in South TX.

MISS MY RAYMAX!

Nice Ray, gonna have G-Code send me one of their Incogs...

You need to come up for Broken Home or Faded Giant man... good times.

We are working on the AO for RDG as well with a little luck will be in South TX.

MISS MY RAYMAX!

I know man! It's hard to get back to OK for any games with school right now. I couldn't make last years RDG because of my job, but I now work for a much better place so it's easier to get time off. I definitely want to make it to some games this year!