American MilSim
CAPTAINCRISMA

Allowed Gear for American Milsim

Howdy, I am still doing research on American Milsim and as I am looking around. I notice that no one is asking exactly what is allowed in gear wise. Well I am going to ask the million dollar question. What type of gear is allowed? Helmet, Vest, Mask, ect.

Reason why I am asking is cause I am looking at getting a Phantom Interceptor OTV Body Armor, a Striker Helmet Full Face Carbon Steel Mesh Mask Helmet and Emerson FAST Type Tactical Airsoft Helmet w/ Flip-down Visor. If anyone can tell me what is allowed Gear wise will make my day and I can prep the right way.

Mesh mask is a no go. The flip down visor won't be considered full seal but you can use the helmet. And would seriously advise on getting a smaller lighter vest especially for ops like broken home.

T-Rex, I know that, but I am looking at like what type of Gear. I know the rules only state the Eye protection is a must, but I would like to also know like what gear is allowed. Like for example; Me coming to the CoST in full Master Cheif Armor from Halo, or Come to CoST in USMC MARPAT Light recon body armor and FAST Type helmet with Bolistics goggles. That is what I am asking is what exactly is allowed, cause I would hate to drive 7 hours to an event only to be told, "You are wearing the wrong gear for this Event. Sorry for your trouble, but you can not join this event. Maybe you can join next year or next event, when you have the right gear."

I am guessing as long as your Halo helmet is ansi rated for impact you would be clear to wear a full helmet.  I would consider that "full seal".

And as long as your master chief armor is green or one of the approved patterns, there isn't any rule saying you can't wear it.

For glasses goggles just do a bit of googling, I know the Bolle T-800 style work with glasses, I've run those before.  I think the ESS Profile and similar clones work too. The fancier guys will buy more expensive sets with RX inserts specifically made for the google type, many high-end brands offer custom RX inserts (for a $$$$)

There is at most OPs a store present so you can pick up gear you need last minute or don't have before hand...

Good luck see you at a game.

I know, was just making an example XD

I will most likely go in as like a heavy rifleman/SSW/HWS Guy so I will be wearing the OD Mesh mask, Helmet and the Big Phantom Body armor in MARPAT decked with tons of ammo so that if lets say my squad is running out of ammo. I can hand them some of my bio degradable BBs while I surrpress/defend/hit areas with Grenades Launcher as they reload. Plus the Halo mask helmets kinda cost 900.00 dollars and if I buy it... Its going on the collection shelf of Halo XD

I know, was just making an example XD

I will most likely go in as like a heavy rifleman/SSW/HWS Guy so I will be wearing the OD Mesh mask, Helmet and the Big Phantom Body armor in MARPAT decked with tons of ammo so that if lets say my squad is running out of ammo. I can hand them some of my bio degradable BBs while I surrpress/defend/hit areas with Grenades Launcher as they reload. Plus the Halo mask helmets kinda cost 900.00 dollars and if I buy it... Its going on the collection shelf of Halo XD

I would suggest you look over the AMS ruleset regarding role restrictions and pay attention to the ammo restrictions contained within each role.  Also, mesh masks are a no go.  Must be Ballistic type meeting ANSI standards.  Re-loading is only allowed at re-spawn points and FOB's.  Hope to see you out there.

I would suggest you look over the AMS ruleset regarding role restrictions and pay attention to the ammo restrictions contained within each role.  Also, mesh masks are a no go.  Must be Ballistic type meeting ANSI standards.  Re-loading is only allowed at re-spawn points and FOB's.  Hope to see you out there.

Understood sir, thank you for Telling me the recent update on the Mesh masks, reload, and to look over the rule set. I was very confused on the gear since when I read the rules, it said Color doesn't matter and that Full seal I protection is needed. So that is why I opened this form to ease or destroy my confusion.

BTW, just so we are clear, I'm not encouraging you to show up in master chief armor.  This is Military simulation. Not Future space mecha-man infinite armor with personal energyshields and plasma grenades (lasers! pew peww) simulation. ;)

wait what are you sure? i was fully prepared; in understanding this was a Future space mecha-man infinite armor with personal energyshields and plasma grenades (lasers! pew peww) simulation.

Understood sir, thank you for Telling me the recent update on the Mesh masks, reload, and to look over the rule set. I was very confused on the gear since when I read the rules, it said Color doesn't matter and that Full seal I protection is needed. So that is why I opened this form to ease or destroy my confusion.

Scroll around Facebook or the images on this forum for gear ideas. Marpat is good. I can't find what "light recon phantom armor" is but if it is military-esque then go for it. The color of the gear doesn't matter, but try to match your faction the best you can. Full tan iotv armor over some woodland bdus will warrant friendly fire.

Keep the questions up.

Guest Specs

On a "bringing this back to milsim" note, there's a huge reason some of these event locations require practical gear. If you try and wear any kind of full armor to an event like Broken Home you would probably collapse from dehydration. Might make a ton of noise too, which I certainly wouldn't want to be near provided we were on the same team. So just consider that sort of thing before you try and force any sci fi or prop related gear into the milsim environment.

Safety first and all that.

Agreed on all points of camo mentioned above. Make sure you are compliant with your factions colors. Woodland for CoST and Multicam or Tri Desert for UFS are always safe bets.

Okay the whole master chief thing was an example. I will never go to a Military Simulator as something straight out of sci fi. I will go in as a Modern soldier.

The plate vest I am planning on using is the Phantom Interceptor Modular OTV Body Armor / Vest - Medium (Digital Woodland Marpat), http://www.evike.com/products/39723/(Here is the link if you guys want to see what it looks like). So far it sounds like I need to go recon instead of Heavy infantry.

Not necessarily, the phrase ounces equals pounds and pounds equal pain. You have to take in account of what your gear is, how much it will weigh with all your equipment and what not. Also a big factor to consider is how physically fit you are. Wearing something too bulky or cumbersome that you are not use to, will only end up hurting you a lot more then how well you look. Everyone will tell you different things but just remember the motto. The same goes for your weapon loadout as well.

For me I normally run a PC(Plate Carrier) and I do put ceramic ESAPI's in to get build my endurance. I know that the weight is overkill for airsoft means but after wearing the real deal for training all the time I am just used to it.

Hopefully you don't take this as anything to discourage you from getting what you want. It's just people are concerned about the well being of others. Airsoft is where you can have fun. No need to hurt yourself. ;)

Guest Specs

Really it's whatever you want to run. Just make sure it meets camo/ faction color requirements.

Thank you all for the Advice and the notes I need for when I can go to a Milsim event. Hope to see you all at an Event. Good luck and Have fun!

Oh and I will be working out with the PC and gear once I get it so I can be ready for the Milsims. At least at Waste and Water Department I will get lots of work outs XD

Just make sure you also condition your cardio as well. I know when I play having that 35+lb PC on and playing all day I get pretty worn out by the end of that day.