American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Doc Dodge

Are you a GEAR WHORE?

No, having a custom rig does not make you a gear whore. While a gear whore can be described as someone who has the best, most expensive, coolest gear, and a lot of it; it is more commonly used to describe an individual who simply MUST have a ton of gear, useful or not.

Sarcasm, its kinda what I do. I know what a gear whore is. You can thank me for turning Frosty into the gear whore he is. I was the original Oklahoma gear whore. Now I just keep what I actually use and a few goodies.

I guess I am guilty on this one, one of the guys on our team is always upping the ante on this one so I have to rise to the occassion.

In my defense however I stick to shelling out money on things that are well tested and simple in nature.

For example Josh bought fast mags, so I had to get them then he sold those and bought HSGI Tacos again I followed suite.

I cant complain though if an item is durable and actually increases your performance on the field I say go for it.

Im more of a gear slut. Any good gear I can get my hands on I will use. Now Im not Calling names but I do know a real gear whore. This guy is like a test guy for the L.A.G. and he has it all. you name it he has 2. L.A.G.= Latest And Greatest

It is not for anyone to point fingers and call another 'Gear Whore'.

But, you will know in your own heart if you are a 'Gear Whore'.

I'm considering starting a 12-step program called GWA - Gear Whores Anonymous.

The first 25 people to sign up get a free magazine pouch.

:D

Nasty is probably the only one from Delta 9 that can rival or beat my stash of gear. And again, Nasty is about the only one that spends as much money on his gear as I do. I could easily have a dozen complete rigs, but I'm all about quality VS quantity these days. Then again, Joseph Stalin was quoted in saying 'Quantity has a quality all of it's own.' B)

It is not for anyone to point fingers and call another 'Gear Whore'.

But, you will know in your own heart if you are a 'Gear Whore'.

I'm considering starting a 12-step program called GWA - Gear Whores Anonymous.

The first 25 people to sign up get a free magazine pouch.

:D

there is already a gear whores anonymous Doc Dodge.

If I had the money, I could buy pouches all day, everyday. I would only ever run a CIRAS style plate carrier, or my issued IBA-s or IOTV. If I could I would have CIRAS in Coyote, Woodland, UCP/ACU, and Multicam. Half the stuff I have is issued and will have to be returned at some point in my career. I've reached the point where I have all the gear I need (maybe not in matching colors) to work effectively, and now I'm focusing on newer weapons. All I had been running was a G&G m4 and a KJW m9, now I recently bought a KWA m4 and WE G17, and I use the team's SAW and DMR when need be.

You know you are a Gear-whore when you have a Tactical Periscope on your rig, and hardly ever use it.

I wish I was, but I cant seem to let gear I don't use just sit around and collect dust. I'd rather see someone else get use out of it, oh and help fund my next purchase in the never ending cycle of tac-gear and AEG evolution.

I used to be bad about buying stuff, hell I'm still selling off stuff I bought 3 years ago and have never used. lately I've gotten better about it though!

(((( WELL I SUCK AT IT AND I DONT CARE))))..............I want more give me more I cant have enuff gear I need more and Im not going to share............All for me none for you all for me.