American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
T-REX

AMS Ruleset (SAW)

According to the most recent post of the AMS rules, it states that each squad can now have 2 SAWS in them. Is this a new rule or was this a typo? I know one of the biggest issues is people not following the squad makeup rules and 2 SAW's just seems out of wack. Please confirm AMS.

since when has each squad been allowed 2 SAW's???? every safety brief since BH3 said 1 saw per squad that i have sat in. 
Also ive seen squads get told they can only have 1 saw at the past few events. But if your saying 2 are allowed then ok. Ill just reassign one of my squad mates to carry a 2nd saw

Agreed on this point. Seems like that would put less importance on the role in general.

I disagree.  Seeing as everyone has to shoot semi except the SSW, I feel that there is more importance when it comes to the SSW.

Guest Specs

I disagree.  Seeing as everyone has to shoot semi except the SSW, I feel that there is more importance when it comes to the SSW.

I certainly don't think adding a second SSW to each squad will break the game. I'm only implying that if the community has since thought that only 1 was permitted, then moving forward there will be a lot more suppression via SAW's on the field. 

Having been in events prior to the semi-only rifle rule, I'd still much prefer this rule compared to allowing full auto to everyone. Just stating my opinion that this will hamper freedom of movement and make SSW's a little more common, thus putting less importance on their utilization and placement due to having twice the number.

Any squad that won't pay attention to how two SSW's are utilized most likely won't pay attention to how they are using one. No offense, but very few SSW's in this game truly understand their role anyway; I see far too many trying to snipe or just holding down their trigger while charging an objective.

On the flip side, having two SSW's per squad allows a lot more flexibility in the squad setup.

Guest Specs

I have to disagree on that point. The fact alone that most squads only had 1 SSW put a huge importance on where they were utilized. So much in fact that my squads SSW was pulled from us for the greater portion of BH3 to better assist UFS forces elsewhere simply because they were such an asset. Would I have liked a 2nd SSW on my team to keep with us? Hell yeah. So I can agree with you in those instances. Though with 2 SSW roles per squad, I doubt we would have had any need to relocate one of our members anyway.

I question as well just how it's going to effect the attack and defend part of play in some AO's, and if that increase in suppression will give an advantage (in addition to most defender's advantages of course) to the defenders.