American MilSim
TheJP

COLD WEATHER GEAR

Guest Specs

Really glad to hear this re-covered actually. Had it in my mind that I'd need to put down the money for a multicam soft shell. Glad to know my perfectly fine coyote soft shell will work just fine.

I would like to know the policy on black cold weather gear. I know we saw a lot of it at ESR19-2 (likely as it was what was available at kastaway), but is that permitted for any side? CDF included? Kinda hoping it isn't other than CDF or role-played city militia... Might be a good idea to keep that posted near any such gear at events so that people know they aren't wasting their money if it's a need for the event.

Black is not allowed.  This is why we drill in FACTION BASE COLOR!!! (OD and Tan)  In addition to the regular camo patterns.  If there is another faction in play it will be posted.  But conventional forces must adhere to their uniform requirements.  

Guest Specs

All good for me. Never had an issue with that rule Alex. Was simply stating that due to desperation there were a lot of people picking up and running with black softshells on site due to despiration/lack of planning on their part. My coyote jacket will be quite coyote.

All good for me. Never had an issue with that rule Alex. Was simply stating that due to desperation there were a lot of people picking up and running with black softshells on site due to despiration/lack of planning on their part. My coyote jacket will be quite coyote.

Keep up the good work!

yah we too learned a lot form ESR-2.  The use of black cold weather was excessive at ESR and should not be a problem going froward.  We are being proactive to communicate to everyone the expectation so there are no surprises on the day of.  Assuming players read the forums or the email that goes out to every player days before the event.

Black is not allowed.  This is why we drill in FACTION BASE COLOR!!! (OD and Tan)  In addition to the regular camo patterns.  If there is another faction in play it will be posted.  But conventional forces must adhere to their uniform requirements.  

Now on the Other hand, what if a black longsleeve Undershirt is worn? So long as an overshirt is on that Is team color?

Just for example the people that Can't get a softshell (of sorts) in time?

Now on the Other hand, what if a black longsleeve Undershirt is worn? So long as an overshirt is on that Is team color?

Just for example the people that Can't get a softshell (of sorts) in time?

If it's cold enough for the undershirt, then it should be cold enough to wear a long sleeve BDU top over it.  You shouldn't be running around in a T-shirt.  If its concealed under something I don't care if its pink.