American MilSim
Alex AMS

War Crimes

A few people have asked about what kind of war crimes tracking we did, and if we knew what the war crimes were.  Here's a list of the war crimes that were perpetrated by each side.  Names have been removed.  

Not complying with medic drag rule

Short medic bandage

Short medic bandage

Short Medic Bandage

incorrect medic tie

Drag rule violation 

Talking while dead 

Impropper drag 

Blind firing 

Eye pro (Mframe no Helo kit)

Shooting out Lights 

Invalid Bandage 

Impropper dragging 

Shooting out lights

Talking while dead

Calling other people's hits 

Calling other people's hits

Improper drag 

Improper drag 

Improper drag 

Improper drag

improper drag

Barricaded door

Short Bandage

Improper Pants

Impropper drag rule

Calling other peoples hits

Guest Specs

Thanks for this list! Sounds like bandage length and improper drag are the most common offenses. Will be sure to drill these into my teams brains. I assume the drag errors were in the downed person assisting the dragger? 

Also, shooting out lights? What the hell? haha

A couple of Qs about this:

1. To clarify, "Dead men don't talk" refers to notifying your team in any way about enemy positions or movement, not talking quietly with other "dead" players, regardless of faction. I.e., I'm not going to get dinged for hanging out with dead CoST or UFS while I bleed out, right?

2. Does the medic rule just enforce "wounded may not move under their own power"? For example, we've got He-Man on our squad; can he 1-man carry a wounded player instead of dragging him? 

Thanks Alex!

A couple of Qs about this:

1. To clarify, "Dead men don't talk" refers to notifying your team in any way about enemy positions or movement, not talking quietly with other "dead" players, regardless of faction. I.e., I'm not going to get dinged for hanging out with dead CoST or UFS while I bleed out, right?

2. Does the medic rule just enforce "wounded may not move under their own power"? For example, we've got He-Man on our squad; can he 1-man carry a wounded player instead of dragging him? 

Thanks Alex!

1.  I don't care if you talk to other dead players, or congratulate the guy that just rolled your whole squad.  But you may not yell, or point.  I'm pretty sure that the guys who got dinged on this were pointing or yelling at their buddies.  

2.  I don't care how you move a casualty as long as the casualty is not doing the moving.  That being said, don't drag your buddy down a bunch of stairs, or carry him down the side of a cliff etc.  Use good judgement.  Also if you are wounded and you don't want to be dragged or carried, let everyone know that you don't want to be dragged or carried.

Some people bitch about the drag rules, but between the drag and SA rule the game dynamic has totally been changed FOR THE BETTER! I can hardly stand to play events that allow FA for everyone now...

That being said, use common sense when dragging or being dragged I had a few instances where I just told my medic to let me bleed out.

For desd players talking, just like Alex said, the staff won't care if your telling someone "Good Job" or a "Thumbs up" or even talking to your own dead squadmate, but as soon as you begin to gesture or talk to "live players" you're gonna get flagged with a War Crime.

The drag rule and usage of proper medic bandages offered a VERY COOL dynamic to the game. We are looking to "borrow" the rules for usage at our field.

I find it ironic that we all attended a MILitary SIMulation but soo many seemed to not want to simulate realistic situations.

Good on you guys at AMS for pushing the boundaries of Milsim!