American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
The Rick

FG3 AAR

Well i guess i will start. Faded giant 3 was my first ams event that i attended and second milsim event first being sovereign fury last year. When i got to the site after leaving straight from class in Atlanta, i checked in and chrono my gun and found a squadmate and squad leader to get up to speed on everything. I was assigned to alpha 1-1 on UFS but i was going to miss the initial start as i had a DAM mission at 10 so i had to meet up in the classroom. For the Dam mission we were short a few people and had a bit of difficulty completing the mission but i had to say that the mission was great. After returning to the FOB i tried to link up with my squad and was told that they are at Charlie but before i could go we were taking fire from the left side by the tree line so i took part in the assault to clear the woods of CoST and found a piece of intelligence on one of the soldiers which greatly lifted my spirits as i felt i have done something to help with the war effort. For the rest of the first phase i just linked up with any group of guys i could find and helped out since i couldn't get a hold of my squad till night phase.

During the night phase we were tasked to take Charlie again but CoST had soliders around and we had a group of UFS shooting them by the entrance to the main building so we walked across the concrete plain and attack from the rear by the wood line as was successful. We tried to contact command to let them know we had charlie but couldn't so i was runner to the FOB to let them know and didn't find any command so i tried to link back up with my squad when Jazzman was getting a group of guys to help with a frago down in the main building to get a data point server. I went in to help out as much as i can and got taken out in the bottom stairwell and thus ended my night phase.

2nd day i linked back with my squad and was tasked to take bravo and was cut down short so we ended up going back to FOB and decided to go through the lower levels of the main building and work our way up and that also ended up being short and after returning back to FOB our squad went back in the main building and this time we were able to navigate through the building with success and ended up taking out a couple of CoST soldiers before going back out near our FOB when command tasked us with finding a dead intelligence person in the building we just came through so since we knew most of it was relatively clear we went back in but not before assaulting bravo again and i missed out on the frago for the most part as my gun went down while taking bravo and so i ended up going back to FOB to change battery and when i come up the hill i found my squad had found the body and intelligence and was going to FOB so i helped carried it down the slope.

Now command had us tasked to be part of the prisoner exchange with CoST and being bummed about the previous FRAGO i decided to be part of the Frago helping with being right security for the prisoner while my squad carried the prisoner. The exchange for the most part went relatively smooth till we saw CoST soldiers moving from the Hexafluoride area and command yelled x-ray which was the command to start firing back when fired upon and thats when things went south with JP getting hurt. Glad to hear he is doing ok. Then we were tasked to find a objective in building 6 and while we were looking we got overrun by CoST and was taken out by a thunder b. One of the CoST soliders asked if i had any intel or killcard which i forgot in my other shirt so i gave him a granola bar instead and asked where he was staying at so i can give my kill card to him after the game which i did. Overall i had a great time and will be back again next year and hopefully to other events. Even though there was a few hiccups like no hit calls and some anger issues during the night game which is to be expected from any airsoft game i still had fun and would like to thank the AMS crew for a great game.

Razgiz23, as my buddy was the recipient of the granola bar and kill card, I can say you are a man of honor and integrity. We need more like you. You have no idea how much that granola bar made my buddy happy!lol I look forward to crossing paths agian.

I will post an AAR after I finialy get some sleep. A long drive home like many of you.

Well said Mr YUK... I agree AMS Staff did an awesome job.. That was the best game I have ever been too..

Tan...  I can honestly say Tan did a hell of a job..  I watch guys literally carrying guys to the medics and fighting their way into and out of the main building all day both days.  Tan you guys just kept pulling a rabbit out of your hats... Everything we tried met with heavy force.. You guys where unbelievable out there and without question the hardest guys I have ever run into...

CoST... You guys fought hard every inch of the way from stairwell to hallway... Everywhere I turned there was a fire fight... I am sooo proud to have been a part of the CoST fight for freedom..  You guys are without a doubt the best group of guys and gal I have ever had the pleasure of running with.

Squad 5…  You guys did ever thing I asked of you and more, without question or doubt you fought on and held your ground as asked the entire day Sunday.  Saturday we lost so many of you to the DAM mission it was hard to hold a foot in the building but when you got back, we were on a roll again.  Seriously it was my pleasure to be your leader in this fight.

JP.. I am so sorry you got injured and I hope you make a speedy recovery, your guidance was immeasurable on Saturday and Sunday..  When you were medevac’d your lose was deeply felt brotha…

With that said I was privy to some questionable acts on both sides and tried to call the BS.. But I for one was caught up in the moment more than once and had to make some quick decisions that I question now...  But that is honestly what happens when you push yourself past the point and you have 300ish type A personalities butting heads nonstop for hours..

All in All I don’t think I will miss too many AMS events in the Future…

Thank you guys and Gals,

Ranger Stoner

Team Hydra

RLTW

I killed Spartan117GW. For this, a mixture of intense pride and self-loathing.

But for real --

My and my team's first AMS event and I sure as hell hope it isn't the last. The phenomenal AO aside, the mission setups were always intense and immersive, the command was on top of things, and the teamwork was superb. The firefights were almost always chaotic and required some quick thinking on more than one occasion. As an overall review, I had an amazing time. However...

I've been playing Airsoft for 12 years. This is not a bragging point or some semblance of "expert" qualification, as some of you can call that junior league, but it does offer a healthy handful of experience. In that 12 years of Airsofting, I have never once played a game (large or small) that I personally witnessed (and heard countless others attest to) so many different instances of rule bending and/or blatant rule breaking. The most notable method of flex was the tendency for many people to call their hits and then walk into a building or behind cover to allow their team to safely medic them. This was clearly against what Alex discussed at the safety briefing and it's a truly dick move affecting the spirit and intended dynamics of the game. Aside from that, there was a lot of delayed hit calling (as I sat 15 feet away on an elevated position adjacent to a shed, I counted almost 30 rounds I placed into a player's chest as he continued to shoot past me at a teammate before he called being hit), questionable combat behavior (I was used as a human shield by enemies twice as I sat there with a dead rag on), and the occasional talking corpse.

I will not say that both sides are not guilty of one, two, or all infractions as well; I will say, however, that almost every player I talked to that was having issues would name one camo pattern in particular. Everyone knows the stereotypes but it exists for a reason and it's a crying shame that it continues to be perpetuated. 

Aside from the issues listed above, the only thing that threw me (and a lot of folks) off was the drastic impact the DAMs had on available forces and the consequences thereof. I'm pretty sure new highways get a lighter steamrolling than we were experiencing for a few hours, and seeing the huge swarm of friendlies returning unexpectedly from the DAM was a huge morale boost.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching people try not to s**t themselves when an unexpected propane cannon let off and huge shoutout to the UFS guy that danced with me across the parking lot near UFS spawn during the cease-fire. Helped keep the spirits where they belong -- in the knowledge that this is a game and we're all just here to have fun.

AMS, thanks for all the clearly stressful work you guys do to make these events happen for us, both up front and behind the scenes! If setting up is anything like the work we did tearing down then you guys deserve much more gratitude than you get. Hope to see you all again at the next one!

As my first op as CO, I went in with a big task ahead of me and in put it in simple terms, have been playing the op since the moment I accepted the gig. It comes as a shock how much goes into prepping for a task like this. It made me realize that maybe I've been too harsh on my critiques of past command staff, and it humbled me as a player knowing that at one time I was the jackass know it all that couldn't be bothered with following an order.

I began with the stress of knowing that I knew maybe 2-3 people on my roster...most everyone I regularly pair up with was UFS for this op, so it was stressful in the beginning picking my 5 squad leaders that would lead the rest. Luckily, I managed to pick 5 DOPE players that were willing to step up and take the responsibilty that goes with a game of this magnitude. Bulldog, Dave, Yuk, Viper and Ranger, I can't stress enough how all these dudes made my job so much easier over the last several weeks in every facet of the event. Truly wonderful players that I will be quick to utilize should I get a command position again.

Luckily my main Battle Buddy Tyre stepped up for the 1sgt role, but I was left without an XO...so after a day to think about who I would ask I went for the long shot and hit up an old friend from a couple years back, a dude that most of you old time plays know as Phil from M7. Luckily his schedule worked out and he signed up and took the major responsibility.

Let me stress again, Command's op begins as soon as we accept the position. Hours and hours go into planning, communication, logistics, and moving all the X's and O's to try and get the win for our teams.

The game itself was incredible, truly the best op I have ever been to, in the best AO I will ever play at. Faded Giant will always be an experience to be remembered, and the third one is the best of them all.

Alex, you truly did a fantastic job at running the game, the objectives and fragos were all fun, I would like to see the control points be for more points but nonetheless, the game was dope.

UFS, you guys gave us a fight every step of the way. Literally....EVERY SINGLE STEP. Games like this really test your ability to adapt and overcome, and you guys forced that.

Let's talk about CoST. Phil, I owe you so much for the event. Your input and advice in every step of our war theory was greatly beneficial. Tyre, thank you for being our personal bitch, that ran to do whatever task we forced you to do. Brent, thank you for doing all the radio work for the event. Comms went off without a hitch. Ranger, thank you for the coolguy antennas and all the prep work it took to analyze schematics and to get your guys into position. Bulldog...you have the biggest balls of anyone I have met in my life. JP's nasty fall gets the attention...but most of you don't know that Bulldog had a double bypass literally weeks ago, has two titanium knees, a bum shoulder, AND broke two knuckles and fractured his hand at the event, only to have Diesel tape it up. Then, after all that, an hour later he leads his group to take Control Point Charlie. Dude is a badass, and made me feel like a bitch because I had sore feet and the chafe.

JP, Bo, I want you as combat controllers from now on.

To ALL the CoST players, thank you for listening to all my orders and immediately doing what I tasked you to do. Thank you having the heart to trust our bold counterflank move that ultimately paid off. Thank you for always playing with the most intensity, and for listening to all my shouted commands. You guys are a great bunch, and I'm honored to have had everyone of you on my roster.

Also, a very big shout out to Josh and Valken for the prototype v12s at the event. Guys, if you aren't HPA already, make the switch to the V12. It's literally cheat codes for airsoft. Can't stress that enough.

All in all, the best op I've ever been to. Counting down to FG4!

First off, this was by far the most epic airsoft game I have attended and I want to thank the AMS staff for putting so much effort into creating a seemingly perfect game of airsoft; I drove 15 hours to this event and I would drive it again in a heartbeat. Cost, you guys were worthy opponents and it was a honor fighting against you all. 

Game 1... Started off with Squad 2-2 UFS which was interesting  because right from the beginning I was in a squad with Robo Murray and his squad, JettheDesertFox, Greg Wong, Evike Matt, some Mako guys, Elite force pro staff and lots of others. We begun clearing buildings and after a few hours when most of our squad had been eliminated we went back to the FOB and proceeded to start another mission. This one we went through the forest and around the DAM building where we met up with SOG Milsim and pushed Cost back to their FOB. After that I enjoyed the glory of the DAM and continued back inside. 

Game 2... Met up with our neighbors in the camping area who was squad leader for 1-1 Alpha and I joined a small squad of 7 or 8, we cleared some buildings, pushed and captured B, the captured C and then lit up some cigars and went for a "walk", we walked around the the Cost entrance to the main building near their FOB where we where shot, and then respawned and said hell, lets do it again (with 15min left in game), we then did the same walk, but was never killed and we walked right behind enemy lines; pistol in one hand and cigar in the other and as we where about to fire into the backs of some Cost in the building it was the end of Game 2... but we looked pretty badass with cigars and pistols out, so overall epic win. 

Game 3... Joined back up with the Celebrity Squad and cleared the big building off the get go, then we regrouped after a bit at the FOB and did the body trade which was very intensive and interesting for sure. After that, we moved in our giant mega squad over to look for a purple box with M12 on it... which we never found... :(. We then decided with only 30min left to go kick some ass in the buildings so we did the most legitement breach I had ever done and cleared the grand majority of the building, finishing off with captured the main room (with the catwalks and big concrete pits) with JettheDesertFox, SpartanLeah, and CallsignHollywood.... which was pretty legit. That basically wrapped it up. 

All in all, I had an absolute blast... could not be happier with how my Polarstar performed but I may look at an ERG in the future; thanks  to Greg Wong who sold me on that. I am glad that I made the decision to make the trip to an AMS game and I'm going to be going to a lot of them in the future!!! 

I was talking to Robo and we agreed that ... its gonna be hard to play airsoft back at home after being to such a great OP, nothing can compare to the scale of the AO, teamwork, opponents (cost), comradery that occured at FG3. Im sure FG4 with be just as great, if not better, so I will see you all there. And probably at some more games in 2015. 

Alright, I was the Squad Leader for UFS 2-3B with ATROX 1-1 and Grey Team.  I will only capture a few points taken from day 1 as I was required to leave early on day 2 in order to catch my flight home.

Mission Intent:  Utilize UFS 1st platoon to seize and block Control Points A, B, C while having 2nd Platoon leap frog further through the AO establishing UFS real-estate.  Continue on mission objectives per FRAGO.

What did happen:  UFS met heavy CoST resistance at all points but was initially able to seize and secure Control Points A, B, C.  Around the time DAMs began, both forces began to see a substantial rubber-band-effect occur from point to point.  Before nightfall, UFS had made 5 out of 6 data uploads and captured several intel envelopes.  By the end of Day 1, UFS had established uplink to all 6 data points.

Improvement:  1. Force structure - Looking into the fishbowl, I immediately noticed that the UFS organization resembled that of a company with 2 platoons and 3 squads per.  However, we were broken down further in having two companies and 1 platoon in each with 6 squads.  Once the mission began, it didn't matter who you belonged too. 2. Communication - although this was left to the individual to provide communication, perhaps a mass order of AMS radios hand receipted to leaders could solve the issues. 3. STAY with the team you were assigned for purposes of the event - because so many players knew each other and wanted to OPERATE together, the initial plan immediately went out the window.  Example, ATROX 1-1 and I found ourselves alone in building 4 while the rest of 2-3B immediately attached to another element.  Needless to say, we met CoST and were quickly overran.

Sustainment:  1. AMS MOD and Support Staff - the event was top notch due to the hard work and efforts put forth by the AMS Crew.  2. AO - The GTI is definitely a location that has to be maintained as there were more than enough areas that allowed the use of full spectrum operations.  3. Venders - necessity for events like this where equipment breaks and batteries die.  This is also a great way for fans to meet sponsors as well as ask tech questions without waiting hours. 4. Growing MILSIM community - everybody who participated in this event has a contribution to the success of the implied objective of having fun.  Not only did I have a blast, but I met more legit players and people than I can count.  At the end of the event, I counted a kill to death score that you can't get sitting behind a plastic controller and TV.  Not only did I get worked, but I did some as well.  Don't be afraid to call your hits nor should you be afraid to give your weapon to the opposition...1 BB at a time.

Well all in all I had a blast and most everyone I talked to did too!  So I would call this OP a roaring success in my book.

I absolutely agree the game was run fantastically, the structure is tried and nearly perfected by AMS over countless OPs: CPs+ Main objectives (Datapoints) + Fragos = FUN.  Do not mess much with the structure and keep those creative juices flowing to keep new and different mission types coming at us.  Having a mission to plant bad intel to plant for the enemy to find was really really neat and I think that mission had some extra motivation for our troops just because of that creative twist!  The purple boxes/encryption devices was a little vague but that could just of been on my end, I think it would be cool to leave them as a FRAGO instead of a secondary main mission objective but that is my opinion.  I loved that you gave us a lot to choose from to do at times, really made it hard to position people and sometimes had to choose between pushing XYZ vs ABC and possibly give up points here instead to go get this objective.  I think it is perfectly set up that way and we as UFS leadership still continue to work on better ways to convey/remind our troops of this. 

Atrox your review is timely as I am in agreement with you with you, our organizational and communication structure was flawed this time and our planning session only exacerbated that situation. I would rather have had more units on command net that were more cohesive, than fewer units on command net that didn't know where 2/3 of their troops were. I have made this observation known and hopefully will be corrected in the future to UFS leadership.  Rest assured we will "live and learn". We definitely adapted once we hit the AO and did well, however I have no doubt there were troops that were left behind and weren't "in the know".  This is a bad thing and we will continue to work to make sure all our troopers feel and can become a valid part of the war effort. 

Unit cohesion is another stickler of mine, and if I'm being honest, we failed at this event on this point.  We were blessed with 2 great company leaders but I personally feel like we could have set them up for success better.  Again people adapted and worked toward a common goal, but our structure and cohesion dissolved more as the weekend wore on. A million props to the soldiers of the UFS that were present, and took initiative to solve problems in front of them, make things happen, and be smart about reacting to new and changing objectives on the field.  People were flexible and most of all, ABLE to take new orders and missions in stride and with aplomb. I hesitate to make a statistical guess, but I would say our success rate for FRAGO orders given to our troops was well over 50%. That I consider a PLUS.  So, good and bad news on this front, we have to work harder to present a structure and mechanics to facilitate this for our troops, yet our fighters saw through this obstacle (or past it) and worked through many issues on their own to remain functional and succeed.

Rest assured I had a great weekend on the field and this will be an OP that I remember for years to come! 

Off the field:

Props to the amazing vendors at this event:

zshot who has the absolute coolest employees I have ever seen at any company

KWA who is always just a great company to deal with

TNVC who what can I say, I paid them 15 measley dollars and got to play with thousands of dollars of gear in a shoot house in the dark.  Seriously guys, I can't say how awesome it is to have you as a sponsor, and as to hear that you will be renting NVGs for AMS events in the future?  ***SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEYS***
Valken - hope to see more of you Josh and company, you aren't on my radar yet specifically but you are definitely on the right track!
Redwolf - Well I can't say much except I didn't know Redwolf cared about America and now I do. Perhaps I am biased because my last order from them was about 7 years ago, but if the reps and support they offered to this game was any indication, Redwolf is serious about American market impact which is a great thing for airsoft in the states!

All the others who I dont know/don't remember, Thanks for supporting the event and the players and being there, LBT, GI, Evike, Polar*, etc, you all are awesome and hope to see you all at the next game!

To JP, again, sorry for spitting at you bro, just staying in character, no hard feelings and sorry about the ear!
To Greg Doubletap/Yankee, who I could not have thanked enough, I owe you bigtime and you are just the kind of "cool guy" that I love and keep coming back to this game for. 

In all, this weekend was amazing because I met a lot of new friends and shot a lot of people (and hell, I let a lot of bastards shoot me!) This weekend if anything, did one thing, and that is remind me why I love this hobby!

~Jazz

First off,

I had an enjoyable time running around and shooting at the UFS. You guys fought hard and long. We were having trouble getting out of our FOB for a long time. Thanks for giving it your all, I would expect nothing less.

Thanks for stepping up to the CO spot Zippo it was hard to tell this was your first time commanding. Also, I would like to thank Phil for backing you up. He did a phenomenal job of running comms and always had a great attitude and an encouraging word for us every time we came back to the FOB.

AMS,

The control points throughout the AO, the servers, and missions provided ample opportunity for players to feel they were directly affecting the outcome of their respected sides. Great combinations keep it up.

I have two requests for future events.

First request

Please clarify the rules on the SSW in the rule book in advance, so that we can make informed decisions on what weapons we should bring before getting to the event, specifically the MED.

The below was taken directly from the rules posted: http://americanmilsim.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1912-american-milsim-rule-set/

SQUAD SUPPORT WEAPONS

"A squad support weapon is classified as an M249, M60, MG36, RPK, PKM, MG42 or any "Squad Automatic Weapon" either currently or formerly adopted as a military weapon. (M27 / IAR are NOT ALLOWED to be fielded as a SSW at this time.)

A. Squad Support Weapons (SSW) MAY operate in FULL -AUTO Mode but  NOT shoot in excess of 30 round per second.

B. 450 fps max @ 6mm x .20g.

C. 355 FPS (1.88 J) Max for 6mm SSW Gas Weapons (Classics, PolarStars).
D. Limit TWO (2)
 SSW per squad.
E. Weapons using an external gas source must have a locked regulator to prevent field adjustment.
F. Operators of a SSW are required to carry either a standard AEG or sidearm to engage targets within the minimum engagement distances.

G. SSWs must break the plane of a building on lower floors when shooting out of a building.  You do not have to break the plane when shooting from upper floors. 
H. SSWs may use winding “High Cap†type magazines with no more than 5000 rounds in magazines.

OR

I. SSWs may carry two box magazines.

J. SSWs have a Minimum Engagement Distance of 60 feet.

ENGAGEMENT DISTANCES*

For all weapons capable of ONLY automatic fire 20 feet is considered minimum engagement range. Unless noted otherwise below.
A. Sub - 400 fps Have  NO MED when using SEMI-AUTO

B. 450-500 fps minimum engagement 60 feet.

C. 500-550 fps minimum engagement 100 feet.
D. Note that in CQB environments engagement distances will be shorter than in typical field combat.
E. Semi-auto fire only inside all structures, NO full-auto.

Be considerate of other players, aim low and for covered body parts. Use of semi-auto is recommended. 350 fps and below is encouraged for AEGs.

*Depending on AO these rules will be subject to change to comply with any local laws or insurance requirements."

There seems to be a discrepancy between these two sections.

At the safety briefing we were informed that all SSW had a 60ft MED and that they could not be fired indoors. Section “A. Sub - 400 fps Have  NO MED when using SEMI-AUTO†This seems to allow for semi equipped SSW firing 400fps and under to fire indoors thus contradicting the safety briefing.

Also, the Engagement Distances section does not take into account the 400fps – 450fps range. What is the MED for this section?

I do realize that the * is there to allow for different AOs to have custom rules, but at the same time, we should be able to know those custom rules before arriving at the event.  I believe these clarifications to be a reasonable request and simply would like to help make future events and player experiences better through knowledge of the rules.

As Boo Stewart said, "Imagine how great an event would be if everyone followed the rules." (Boo correct me if I miss quoted you.)

The first step in fulfilling this statement is providing accurate rules to each AO so that everyone can plan to adhere to them in before arriving at the AO.

Second request

Please provide players with the game time you advertised in your itinerary. I and my teammate made the 13 hour drive to this event, expecting to have the opportunity to play for the entire 14.5 hours that was advertised on your event schedule.

From the Event Schedule forum thread:

http://americanmilsim.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2914-faded-giant-iii-event-schedule/

“StartEX EV1 (Evolution 1 - SCORED EVOLUTION)

10:00 AM / 1000 hrs

EndEX EV1 (Evolution 1 stop for dinner)

4:00 PM / 1600 hrs

StartEX EV2 Night Evolution (Evolution 2 - SCORED EVOLUTION)

6:30 PM / 1830 hrs

EndEX EV2 Night Evolution

11:00 PM / 2300 hrs

StartEX EV3 (Evolution 3 - SCORED EVOLUTION)

10:00 AM / 1000 hrs

EndEX EV2 (Evolution 3)
2:00 PM / 1400 hrsâ€

If I am late for the start-ex of any evolution, I fully expect for the event to have begun without me. To wait for a late player is to cheat those who adhered to the schedule and who came prepared, out of game time.

On the same token DO NOT cut game time because players are leaving the field. They have the choice to leave if they want, but if the game is cut short due to their leaving early then a disservice has been done to those players still on the field.

Specifically to Faded Giant III is the decision to delay the start of the night game to 7:15pm and then cut the end time to 10pm. The players paid for a 4.5hour night game, NOT a 2hr 45min night game. I could have understood if the night game start was delayed as long as the end still ran a total length of 4.5hours as advertised.

When I brought this up to a combat controller, I was given the excuse that people were leaving the field of play and everyone was tired. I for one was not tired and was taking contact every time I was on the field which indicates to me that some UFS players agreed with me.

As I see it, as long as there are two players on the opposite sides willing to play then there should be staff there to support them for the duration of the event. Because it is what they were told would be waiting for them if they came to this event.

Conclusion

Please understand that I only want the sport and AMS to grow and get better and better with each event.

I had a great time and look forward to the next Faded Giant being even bigger and better.

Sierra out

So rather than write any sort of "offical" sounding AAR, I thought I would just thank people, and give some key areas an overall grade based on how I think we did.  Im also doing this at work...  because if I have to type this shit up... im at least getting paid for it!

So, guys I need to thank:

XO - Jazzman.  Holy shit am I glad you were able to make it.  You kept many many things on point, and while I excel at yelling, you excel at making sure the right things get yelled.   Thank you sir.

S3 - Kaiju.  Outstanding job at directing traffic. It is incredibly hard keeping people flowing out of the FOB and sending them to needed areas.  You did an amazing job.  

CC - Rick & Russo.  Your input was absolutely invaluable.  Not only were you fully invested in helping UFS succeed, you helped make sure things were done right.  

ACO and BCO leads...  Rock and Bear.   What can I say...  I really lucked the fuck out with you two.  When shit was getting done quicker than it can come in over the net...  that is saying something.  

Also, SOG, Nemesis, Gunrunner's, ISA, GS, Robo and his hairy fucking Cannucks, DSP from Texas!, Atrox & Sal...    I do not think there was a single person there that wasnt on board with the team objectives.  That is something I have never seen at an event.  

Grades wise:  

Grading command (CO, XO, ACO, BCO) I would give us a solid B+.  (I think this will have to be changed to an A when we are for sure we won.    :) )

Comms - B-. Although the comm net channel that Jesse created was outstanding. I think lessening the number of channels, will be beneficial. Example: AMS control, Comm net, ACO, BCO (allow all other channels to be used for squad/platoon/etc as they see fit)

Tactics - B (Started off as as A, moved to a C, then we recovered, although we didn't finish as strong as we should have). In the last couple of hours, we very much went into "fuck it" mode, and even though we were well in control... we need to work on motivation to finish strong.

Rosters - A. ACO & BCO leads were fucking OUTSTANDING. Thanks to Ron for the recommendation of Bear, and Rock was a solid fucking guy as well. I think we did a pretty good job keeping people working well together, and even with individuals, we did a pretty good job of keeping them flowing in and out with whatever group was in the area at the time.

FRAGOs - B+. Saturday was a B, Sunday was an A- (because of the final mission). Although I will say, if we would have finished the day like we started... CoST would probably just die off as a faction. HAHAHA!!! :D 

Overall: MASSIVE PROPS TO AMS.  From the timetables to the briefings.  Most of that shit was on point.  As with all things, shit is bound to be missed, or "taken under interpretation", but, every time there was a question or an issue, an answer was inbound almost immediately.  All the red shirts...  Applause all around.  

CoST - Adam, JP, Bo...    You guys were everywhere!  Many cases you seemed to come literally out of the walls of the buildings.  Its mind boggling how secure an area could be one second... and one second later...  everything goes to shit.

My satisfaction level from this OP is through the roof.  It was even worth sitting in a car for 30 hours with David Ly.   :P   That is how great this OP was.

Improvements:   I would like to see the hexafluoride buildings in full use next year.  I understand how they were used for DAM missions, however I believe that incorporating the DAM into the overall OP would make for a truly unbelievable experience.  With the relatively small size of the AO, utilizing those buildings on Sunday added a dimension that just wasn't there Saturday.

The obligatory "call your hits", "do this, dont do that, blah blah bullshit".  Its always going to happen.  Its simply the nature of the beast.  However, I think back to Alex's presentation and his famous quote:

"if they don't call it, SHOOT THEM AGAIN, if they still don't call it, KEEP FUCKING SHOOTING THEM" (edited possibly for dramatic effect)

Thats all I can think of for the time being.  All rights and likeness reserved for future editing.

XOXO 

- Candy

Razgriz23, in all my years in the Marine Corps, Law Enforcement, and Airosft, I have to say that your granola bar exchange is the most honorable thing I think I have ever heard.  Semper FI to you sir!  Thanks to all players near and far that came out.  I hope you all had a blast.  I know I did.  I am exspecially thankful for the new friends I met during the weekend.  Especially Big Candy!  You're like a giant me!  Hooker!  Alex, another fine job as usual.  Props to the Doc who sewed JP's ear back on.  He was one cool guy!  JP is as hard as the Russian anvil and as sharp as the sickle that crosses it.  50+ stitches and cheeseburgers at McD's!!!!  Run tell 'DAT!

As my first op as CO, I went in with a big task ahead of me and in put it in simple terms, have been playing the op since the moment I accepted the gig. It comes as a shock how much goes into prepping for a task like this. It made me realize that maybe I've been too harsh on my critiques of past command staff, and it humbled me as a player knowing that at one time I was the jackass know it all that couldn't be bothered with following an order.

I began with the stress of knowing that I knew maybe 2-3 people on my roster...most everyone I regularly pair up with was UFS for this op, so it was stressful in the beginning picking my 5 squad leaders that would lead the rest. Luckily, I managed to pick 5 DOPE players that were willing to step up and take the responsibilty that goes with a game of this magnitude. Bulldog, Dave, Yuk, Viper and Ranger, I can't stress enough how all these dudes made my job so much easier over the last several weeks in every facet of the event. Truly wonderful players that I will be quick to utilize should I get a command position again.

Luckily my main Battle Buddy Tyre stepped up for the 1sgt role, but I was left without an XO...so after a day to think about who I would ask I went for the long shot and hit up an old friend from a couple years back, a dude that most of you old time plays know as Phil from M7. Luckily his schedule worked out and he signed up and took the major responsibility.

Let me stress again, Command's op begins as soon as we accept the position. Hours and hours go into planning, communication, logistics, and moving all the X's and O's to try and get the win for our teams.

The game itself was incredible, truly the best op I have ever been to, in the best AO I will ever play at. Faded Giant will always be an experience to be remembered, and the third one is the best of them all.

Alex, you truly did a fantastic job at running the game, the objectives and fragos were all fun, I would like to see the control points be for more points but nonetheless, the game was dope.

UFS, you guys gave us a fight every step of the way. Literally....EVERY SINGLE STEP. Games like this really test your ability to adapt and overcome, and you guys forced that.

Let's talk about CoST. Phil, I owe you so much for the event. Your input and advice in every step of our war theory was greatly beneficial. Tyre, thank you for being our personal bitch, that ran to do whatever task we forced you to do. Brent, thank you for doing all the radio work for the event. Comms went off without a hitch. Ranger, thank you for the coolguy antennas and all the prep work it took to analyze schematics and to get your guys into position. Bulldog...you have the biggest balls of anyone I have met in my life. JP's nasty fall gets the attention...but most of you don't know that Bulldog had a double bypass literally weeks ago, has two titanium knees, a bum shoulder, AND broke two knuckles and fractured his hand at the event, only to have Diesel tape it up. Then, after all that, an hour later he leads his group to take Control Point Charlie. Dude is a badass, and made me feel like a bitch because I had sore feet and the chafe.

JP, Bo, I want you as combat controllers from now on.

To ALL the CoST players, thank you for listening to all my orders and immediately doing what I tasked you to do. Thank you having the heart to trust our bold counterflank move that ultimately paid off. Thank you for always playing with the most intensity, and for listening to all my shouted commands. You guys are a great bunch, and I'm honored to have had everyone of you on my roster.

Also, a very big shout out to Josh and Valken for the prototype v12s at the event. Guys, if you aren't HPA already, make the switch to the V12. It's literally cheat codes for airsoft. Can't stress that enough.

All in all, the best op I've ever been to. Counting down to FG4!

LOVE you man! you did a GREAT job...you and PHIL should be proud! Hellova fight by UFS and you can tell me what to do anytime....well.. almost.. lol

Hey guys! The Eagles had a blast! I don't have much for the AAR, but here goes:

Saturday

We were tasked with taking building 6....easier said than done. Met fierce resistance, especially from snipers COST had positioned in the pipeline area. After a quick beating, we were able to regain our momentum and secure the building. Most of that day, for us, consisted of fighting to keep COST out...again easier said than done. 

Sunday

Seeing how badly that 3rd floor of building four kicked our ass under COST control, I took my squad up there and pretty much had my guys pull security on that 3rd floor for 3 hours straight (kudos to my non Eagle squad-mates in 2-2 for putting up with the shittiest job there is, pulling security, and not complaining at all! :) happy squad leader here. ). During that 3 hours, we were under constant siege for about 2.5 hours from the east and south (our FOB was to the south so this made us wonder how badly we were getting wrecked outside). After that final half hour, the raging beast that was COST took two squads and blew through the south door...managing to eliminate most of my guys through numbers and sheer rebel ferocity. Ended up running out of ammo and battery myself just trying to hold them off. Best firefight I've been in in a very long time. 

COST
You guys. You're awesome! I have seen you guys absolutely crush our federal behinds or make us really, really work for the very slight win in all of the six events myself and the Eagles have attended. You guys always seem to give 110% and it shows. It also gives us some amazing firefights and good times and....well frustration at some points XD. Let me tell you, we had to WORK for the win. Great job guys!

UFS
We came, we saw, we got slapped down, got back up and conquered. Wouldn't expect any less from you guys. Been fighting alongside a good deal of you guys for a while now and I gotta say, I see improvement every time! You guys rock!

AMS

As per the usual, haven't been to an AMS event yet that failed to disappoint! We sincerely appreciate all the hard work you guys put in, especially when listening to feedback and coming up with some even better ideas! (Loved the War Crimes idea!) I'm definitely looking forward to the 2015 lineup and getting that 7th star!

The Eagles shall return!

-Legion