Recent Facebook Activity
Upcoming Calendar Events
There are no forthcoming calendar events
Recent Status Updates
  • Photo
      15 Oct
    Mia Doll

If you really want to wear traditional dresses, just start to wear kilts. It’s the heritage of Scotland and resemblance of Scottish culture

View All Updates
April 2019
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Next Previous
Photo

Uniform Question

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

RangerFox

RangerFox

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Florida

Is it possible for someone to Write up a Complete list that can be referenced seperately from the ruleset? For example it could look something like this because its not clearly defined in the ruleset what the Uniforms MUST be. 

UNIFORMS:

CoST:

Woodland , Marpat, AOR2, Kryptek Mandrake, Project Honor, A-TACS FG, Solid OD Top/Bottom or Flight suit, Multicam Tropic

UFS: 

DCU 3 color Desert / Multicam, Solid TAN Top/Bottoms or flight suit, DCU, AOR1, Kryptek Nomad, A-TACS AU, Multicam Arid

Patterns under discussion:

Etc. 

Stay Locked Cocked and Ready to Rock! RF OUT!

Milsim Experiences,

MGP:

Wasteland IV

Amerika II

TACOPS VI

AMS:

OP IRONHORSE

Future:

IronClad III (Likely)

Faded Giant VI (May change)

jazzman

jazzman

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

It is not in the ruleset because it is posted in the announcement page for each game what patterns will be acceptable for that game.  Look at the game announcement thread for the game you are attending and you will get what you are looking for.

For example:

FG3:

http://americanmilsi...istration-info/

RDG:

http://americanmilsi...istration-info/

Patterns once posted for a game are not allowed to be under discussion anymore.

T-REX

T-REX

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, Kansas

is it possible for someone to write up a list of the skills needed to read?

AMS Operations Participated in:

Broken Home 2,3,4,6

Faded Giant 3,4,5

Reindeer Games 12, 13, 15

End State 2, 3

Iron Clad 1, 2

Iron Horse 1

Rebel Yell 3

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

We do not have a permanently defined list of uniforms because we reserve the right to limit certain uniforms to special teams if we choose to go that route at events.  We haven't actually done that since the first Broken Home, but we still have that in our back pocket in the event that we want to use them in that manner.  This is why we list the uniforms specifically on the registration page.  That being said, it is typically the same patterns at each event.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

T-rex, there's really no reason to be a dick to someone on here.  Your post neither answers the original question, or provides any constructive comment that relates to the question at hand.  All that it does is alienate someone who was asking a simple question.  Please keep it civil, we value most of the posts that happen on these forums as they might answer questions that others also have.  That being said, I also understand that like me, you've probably seen the many places where things keep getting discussed to death in many forums.  While this is "another uniform question", I feel that it was simply clarifying the manner in which we provide the uniform requirements.

T-REX

T-REX

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, Kansas

I wish we had an event in October so I could wear my pink camo. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

AMS Operations Participated in:

Broken Home 2,3,4,6

Faded Giant 3,4,5

Reindeer Games 12, 13, 15

End State 2, 3

Iron Clad 1, 2

Iron Horse 1

Rebel Yell 3

RangerFox

RangerFox

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

T-rex, there's really no reason to be a dick to someone on here.  Your post neither answers the original question, or provides any constructive comment that relates to the question at hand.  All that it does is alienate someone who was asking a simple question.  Please keep it civil, we value most of the posts that happen on these forums as they might answer questions that others also have.  That being said, I also understand that like me, you've probably seen the many places where things keep getting discussed to death in many forums.  While this is "another uniform question", I feel that it was simply clarifying the manner in which we provide the uniform requirements.

I only asked such a question because i keep seeing posts on whats accepted or not. so i figured one PRIMARY list is good enough to reference to whats acceptable. Detailing What uniforms for specific events is already handled in registration.

Milsim Experiences,

MGP:

Wasteland IV

Amerika II

TACOPS VI

AMS:

OP IRONHORSE

Future:

IronClad III (Likely)

RangerFox

RangerFox

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Oh thats simple.

Spelling, Grammar, and Common Sense. 

As at the moment i read your post, i felt offended, but after reading onto the other posts, i found it humorous.

Milsim Experiences,

MGP:

Wasteland IV

Amerika II

TACOPS VI

AMS:

OP IRONHORSE

Future:

IronClad III (Likely)

blancjoker

blancjoker

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

What about mixing camos together that are supposed to be on the same side.  Like Project Honor BDU and OD and or Olive Green Gear  (Armor/Vest/Helmet)  Or should we try to keep everything one type of camo.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

From the AMS ruleset:

UNIFORMS

Uniform regulations exist to give an appearance of a cohesive unit and not give the appearance of a group of individuals.  It is hoped that this will give a better overall experience to all players.

A.  Authorized camo patterns vary from event to event and will be posted with event details prior to registration

B.  Tops and Bottoms must match

blancjoker

blancjoker

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So for that I would have to get a lot of people together to do it?  How many people do straight OD Green then since I already spent a lot on OD green gear.  With a MICH 2000 Helmet (If you added rails or a rhino might does that make the helmet different or is that still considered a MICH 2000)

Yankee-DTA

Yankee-DTA

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAMS Support Staff

I wish we had an event in October so I could wear my pink camo. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Rebel Yell is in October.  But please dont try to wear pink.  Dont think you can pull it off in the fashion way it deserves.  LOL

You can never become comfortable, until you become comfortable, with being uncomfortable.

Dave

Dave

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • LocationOKC

So for that I would have to get a lot of people together to do it?  How many people do straight OD Green then since I already spent a lot on OD green gear.  With a MICH 2000 Helmet (If you added rails or a rhino might does that make the helmet different or is that still considered a MICH 2000)

Read the authorized uniforms in the first post.  OD is approved (unless otherwise directed).  Helmet type doesn't matter, only the color.

De Boyville

De Boyville

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOrange, Texas

ok i have a question, if i am running atacs FG pants but run a OD tshirt is this allowed? or do i have to wear the jacket? 

Mr. Yuk

Mr. Yuk

CoST Leadership

• CoST Leadership
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, New York
B. Tops and Bottoms must match.
C. Tops should be a BDU/Combat Shirt type uniform top.

Taken from the AMS Ruleset. I hope this helps you De Boyville!

AMS MAY make exceptions due yo heat/cold/rain/etc. but I would wait for them to make that announcement before going ahead and doing so.

Uniform violations are a breach in the rules and will count as a War Crime; losing hard earned points for your faction.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

ok i have a question, if i am running atacs FG pants but run a OD tshirt is this allowed? or do i have to wear the jacket? 

B. Tops and Bottoms must match.

1000mchief

1000mchief

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationChicagoland Area
Question, is an od hat, od goggles, and tan and white mask ok. I'm guessing not but just double checking.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

Your mask should match your faction base color.

easyandy

easyandy

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

We do not have a permanently defined list of uniforms because we reserve the right to limit certain uniforms to special teams if we choose to go that route at events.  We haven't actually done that since the first Broken Home, but we still have that in our back pocket in the event that we want to use them in that manner.  This is why we list the uniforms specifically on the registration page.  That being said, it is typically the same patterns at each event.

Is there any rule against using CADPAT? or is it just forgotten about because it's Canadian? 

Attached Thumbnails

• AS836.jpg

DCAGrover

DCAGrover

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationRapid City, SD
That's a special one but again part e of uniform the whole squad must match. But also approved by staff.

OP: Broken Home 2- UFS:A (2013)

DAM Operator- BH2 (IDAM '13) BH3, CH

OP: Grand Redemption, Tan Co. Springs (2013) Map monitor/updater

OP: Broken Home 3- UFS:A (2014) SL

OP: Copperhead- UFS:A (2015) SL/PL day 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users