American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Alex AMS

OP Faded Giant 3 Announcments

This is where random announcements will be made regarding Faded Giant 3.  I will simply edit the original post so that you don't have to scroll through the entire thread to see any announcements.

Amenities at GTI:

No Showers

Porta Johns On-site

No Water on site

No RV hookups

No Electricity

The site is supplied with well water which the GTI staff has advised us is not good for drinking.  Please bring all your water.  There will be chem can's on site for your needs.

Multicam Arid and Multicam Tropic are on the approved list.

We have added Multicam Arid and Multicam Tropic to the approved list on the appropriate faction uniform list.

No Campfires, Grills are good to go.

The only currently allowed hand grenades for AMS events are C02/gas grenades such as Thunder B and Tornado Grenades and Pea grenades.  If you have a question regarding hand grenades ask here or PM me.

Edited by Alex AMS
Update Oct 21

An issue that I've been having (down here in Florida, at least) is that there are a lot of people having a hard time distinguishing the transitional environment patterns from their assigned color grouping. Primarily,  the confusion is with green-heavy or tan-heavy cuts of Multicam, ATACS (both arid and FG), and Kryptek.
It's excellent that these patterns work at distance. That's what they were designed to do, but when it comes to verifying on sight only, these patterns can appear "Yeah, well, kinda greenish,maybe?" or "Probably brownish but I'm not sure, so shoot them anyway."

I'm not going to complain about the use of transitional camoflage patterns in these AMS games, but now the folks that like Multicam can choose a "Yup, definitely brown" and "I can clearly tell that's green" color-group.

I can side with T-Rex on the solid colors/old phase patterns.

I think the rule "E.  Squad members camo should match within the Squad" is there specifically to combat this problem. 

Either way, I don't think this thread is the place to debate AMS rules. Maybe start a camo feedback discussion thread.

The http://americanmilsim.com/forum/index.php?/forum/23-ams-rules-and-regulations/ forum is already full of them....

Guys, if you want to start ANOTHER camo discussion, please start it somewhere else.  Any more camo discussions in this thread and I'll delete them.  Only ask questions regarding the announcements that are posted at the top.