American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Random DMZ

Contours Need to be banned at night

Despite the post that everyone made hating IRON CLAD, I thought it was one of the best events I have even been to. I stayed to after midnight cleaning so I know what these guys do just to make the customers happy.

The ONLY problem I had at the even't (i hope to god who ever has the footage posts it.) I didn't kill a person becuase he had on a Contour camera. it has TWO bright RED lights on it. RED LIGHT = DEAD PERSON. PERIOD. twice I didn't shoot at persons because of their camera, one person even thought the guy was cheating. He hasn't but he was in the way he had a RED light on him. 

I think these cameras need to be covered or turned off. I want your guys input. I mean come on at least tape them up.

Yeah I had to cover mine when I was running a contour. I did it for daylight stuff although I am pretty sure mine had a blue glow. Then a green glow for stand by. Only time I recall red on mine was for a full SD card. But it would make sense to cover it up even as a shooter. 

I've never run a contour before, but I know that I have seen a lot of them with a red light on them.  I'm assuming it is a record light.  There have been many instances in low light where I don't shoot at them because I think that it's a dead light.

You can also turn off the lights and noises the contour makes in the settings which can be done by plugging it into a computer. I've done that so that not only does not look like a dead light but it doesnt give my position away while sneaking around.