American MilSim
SGT PSYOPS

Noob question about FG3 schedule

Still working my way through the forums, so if this is posted elsewhere please just point me in the general direction..

so trying to figure out how scheduling and squad meetups work?

Example.. FG3 is Nov 7,8,9.. but what start time.?   approx what end time?  What happens if someone arrives late because of a car problem or traffic etc?

Better example:  So if I drove down and didn't arrive till late on Friday, could I just show up at registration on Saturday and be worked into an objective?

I'm confused and, having not done a big milsim event yet, trying to get a feel for how this works with so many people theoretically arriving (and leaving?) at different times.. people not showing  etc?

Can anyone explain that process to me a bit?

Thanks,

Tom

You will know what squad you are on weeks before the event and should theoretically be in contact with your squad leader at that point.  Friday's are usually the primary days for chrono, checkin, safety brief, squad/platoon/company briefs etc.  The schedule should look very similar to the one for Ironclad.  It's pretty rare that a large amount of people just don't show up, and everyone will typically be there by time game is on Sat morning. 

http://americanmilsim.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2686-ironclad-event-schdule/

thanks Alex, that was exactly what I was looking for.

What time does chrono/registration/safety brief etc stop on Fridays?

In other words, if I would be coming in around 7PM.. too late?

The reason I ask is that I think I will have to work that Friday but would plan on driving down (from Charleston) right after work.

If that's too disruptive or doesn't work, I understand and would just have to put this one off and shoot for a Spring 2015 event.  

Thanks for answering my newbie questions, I really appreciate the help

Tom

thanks Alex, that was exactly what I was looking for.

What time does chrono/registration/safety brief etc stop on Fridays?

In other words, if I would be coming in around 7PM.. too late?

The reason I ask is that I think I will have to work that Friday but would plan on driving down (from Charleston) right after work.

If that's too disruptive or doesn't work, I understand and would just have to put this one off and shoot for a Spring 2015 event.  

Thanks for answering my newbie questions, I really appreciate the help

Tom

The event schedule will be posted as the event date nears.

No arriving Friday night will not be too late, you might have to wait till the AM to check-in and chrono though.