American MilSim
Unknownj90

New to AMS

I am new to AMS and this will be my first event.  I am super excited and cant wait.  I have not yet registered, but I was wondering if there was any night evolutions/ night ops?  Can anyone provide more information on the event for me?

I am new to AMS and this will be my first event.  I am super excited and cant wait.  I have not yet registered, but I was wondering if there was any night evolutions/ night ops?  Can anyone provide more information on the event for me?

All 2 Day AMS events have a night evolution.

Also, how can I ensure that myself and the person I am going with are in the same squad? And if I pay for the individual DAM will that cover both myself and the person Im going with or just me?  Would I just give the person's name or do they need to purchase one as well?

Guest Specs

When registering there will be an area for squad affiliation. Just be sure to put the same thing there on both of your forms. If all else fails though or you see yourselves separated on the roster, contact your CO and make a request for that change. They're almost always happy to oblige.

FG3 will be a good first event for you.

No comment on the DAM.

Also, how can I ensure that myself and the person I am going with are in the same squad? And if I pay for the individual DAM will that cover both myself and the person Im going with or just me?  Would I just give the person's name or do they need to purchase one as well?

The $100 dollar IDAM is for two people.  If you purchase one then your buddy doesn't have to.

Check in the faded giant archive forum.  There will be lots of event pictures.  The map might change from year to year a little but you can view the AO on google maps.  This in addition to the pics in the archive will give you a pretty good idea of what the AO is like.  But it will still be overwhelming when you get there:)

FG2 was my first AMS event, you are going to love it. I can't wait... I will be there this year, as well.

CoST to win it all!!!

For uniform requirements, does the vest/rig set up need to be the same color or patter?  If Im green can I wear a tan pc/rig?

Also, how many rounds can we carry per side arm?

Please read through the AMS ruleset.  This will answer these questions.

Did not see the answers in the rule set.  On the enlist ticket page I did see, "CoST: Coalition of Sovereign Territories Army - Woodland , Marpat, AOR2, Kryptek Mandrake, Project Honor, A-TACS FG, Solid OD Top/Bottom or Flight suit. (Head gear: Woodland or OD - Squads must match) TAC Gear color DOES NOT MATTER." 

Can I be directed to the side arm question.  I will continue to look.

UPDATE!

My apology.  I located the rule

AMMO RESTRICTIONS

A. All players classified as a "Rifleman/DMR/Sniper" may only have a maximum of 1500 rounds loaded (in mags) at any given time.
B. All Players classified as a "SSW" (Support Gunner) may have a maximum of 3000 rounds loaded in their drum mag at any given time. They may carry one extra drum Magazine.
C. All Players classified as a "HWS" may have a maximum of 5 rockets or 10 203 Shells
D. Players may carry as many secondary magazines as they wish (i.e. Pistol)
E. Players may carry up to 6 in Total Frags (Thunder B / Impact / Misc. Frag Grenades)
F. Players may carry on them any amount of BBs they chose.
G. Players may ONLY RELOAD at a MASH unit or FOB. Players CANNOT reload in the field during play.
​