American MilSim
Smilez

PMC Style kit

If I was to do a Private Military Contractor style loadout, and say I wanted to wear tan pants and tan plate carrier, would a black shirt be within the uniform constraints, if not, would a light colored flannel be all right?

Thanks for any insight on this.

NO. TOP MUST MATCH BOTTOM. NO BLACK UNIFORM. THIS IS ALL SPELLED OUT IN THE RULES

This.  There are special factions occasionally, but for the most part it is a conventional force wearing a uniform, not a contractor type organization. 

If I was to do a Private Military Contractor style loadout, and say I wanted to wear tan pants and tan plate carrier, would a black shirt be within the uniform constraints, if not, would a light colored flannel be all right?

Thanks for any insight on this.

From the IC Registration post...

OPFOR: UFS Army (United Federal States) 150 SLOTS

camo-ufs-reg.jpg

camo_UFS-SF.jpg

UFS ARMY: United Federal States Army - DCU 3 color Desert / Multicam (Solid TAN Top/Bottoms or flight suit, DCU, AOR1, Multicam Head Gear, Kryptek Nomad, A-TACS AU - Squads must match) TAC Gear color DOES NOT MATTER.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLUFOR: CoST (Coalition of Sovereign Territories) 150 SLOTS

camo-cst-reg.jpg

CoST: Coalition of Sovereign Territories Army - Woodland , Marpat, AOR2, Kryptek Mandrake, Project Honor, A-TACS FG, Solid OD Top/Bottom or Flight suit. (Head gear: Woodland or OD - Squads must match) TAC Gear color DOES NOT MATTER.

NO. TOP MUST MATCH BOTTOM. NO BLACK UNIFORM. THIS IS ALL SPELLED OUT IN THE RULES

As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm sir, nowhere in the rules does it say anything about no black.  Yes, it does say the matching part but if you consider having half of what you said "spelling it out." then Yuo ndee ot og kbac ot scendo rgdea. :)

From the IC Registration post...

OPFOR: UFS Army (United Federal States) 150 SLOTS

camo-ufs-reg.jpg

camo_UFS-SF.jpg

UFS ARMY: United Federal States Army - DCU 3 color Desert / Multicam (Solid TAN Top/Bottoms or flight suit, DCU, AOR1, Multicam Head Gear, Kryptek Nomad, A-TACS AU - Squads must match) TAC Gear color DOES NOT MATTER.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLUFOR: CoST (Coalition of Sovereign Territories) 150 SLOTS

camo-cst-reg.jpg

CoST: Coalition of Sovereign Territories Army - Woodland , Marpat, AOR2, Kryptek Mandrake, Project Honor, A-TACS FG, Solid OD Top/Bottom or Flight suit. (Head gear: Woodland or OD - Squads must match) TAC Gear color DOES NOT MATTER.

As you do not have British DPM in there, that would be considered CoST correct?  It's like woodland colors, but a different pattern.

Why is it so damn difficult to understand that what is listed is what is approved? DPM is not on the list. DPM is not allowed. Christ, people. Just cause it's kinda maybe, probably, possibly, pretty much, somewhat similar doesn't mean it's an approved cammo. AMS is very clear about this for each event but for some reason these questions keep popping up. If it's listed, you can wear it. If it isn't, leave it at home. I don't get why any serious Mil-Sim player does not have at LEAST a set of woodland and a set of DCU. They're pretty much universally accepted as green or tan patterns just about everywhere. 

If it were up to me, everyone would show up in civvies the night before with two sets of camo in their bags..

You sign in, get your swag bag, and raffle ticket.

Look at the last number on your raffle ticket.

Evens wear Woodland BDU.

Odds wear Desert DCU.

At safety briefing, everyone gets split into their sides and the game starts.

As you do not have British DPM in there, that would be considered CoST correct?  It's like woodland colors, but a different pattern.

DPM is not an authorized uniform.

Guest Specs

Essentially Black is a top color for any civilian unit, IE role players or CDF militia. It's typically permitted if you are in one of those roles, but there aren't many events that open up that area to the player. RY2 and ESR19-2 I believe were the most recent, and that might not be the case for this year's versions of those events as CDF is slowly being weeded out in it's 3rd wheel instances.

ill state it again. black uniform is not allowed because it is not authorized. it is not enthusiasm, its stating a rule you fail to locate

Why is it so damn difficult to understand that what is listed is what is approved? DPM is not on the list. DPM is not allowed. Christ, people. Just cause it's kinda maybe, probably, possibly, pretty much, somewhat similar doesn't mean it's an approved cammo. AMS is very clear about this for each event but for some reason these questions keep popping up. If it's listed, you can wear it. If it isn't, leave it at home. I don't get why any serious Mil-Sim player does not have at LEAST a set of woodland and a set of DCU. They're pretty much universally accepted as green or tan patterns just about everywhere. 

DPM/DDPM=British M81/DCU

I fail to understand why no serious MilSim player knows what one of (if not the) most popular camo pattern in the world is.

DPM/DDPM=British M81/DCU

I fail to understand why no serious MilSim player knows what one of (if not the) most popular camo pattern in the world is.

I know what DPM is. I also know DPM is not woodland. Just because they're both green doesn't mean it's authorized. If DPM was allowed, the post would say DPM is allowed. That's the point.