S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Next Previous
Photo

What foundations would you like to se AMS support?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,294 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK
American MilSim supports the following organisations:

Green Beret Foundation

Peace Officers Memorial Foundation

NSW Kids

Edited by TheJP, 10 April 2012 - 05:56 PM.
Proud to support NSW Kids

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

PinkTiger

PinkTiger

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas
The Wounded Warrior Project.
I have PMS and a gun. Anymore stupid questions?

Posted Image

D-Train

D-Train

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSAN ANTONIO TEXAS
The familys here at BAMC here in San Antonio Tx. Most all of our troops that get hurt come here. And they have long trem care here. They need to have things that we all need when we travel. Soap,tooth paste, snacks (a big part of my work out) but a lot of them dont have the money to take care of home and kids and be here. So I would say BAMC.
SEISOPS GROUP (SOG) XO
ESR-19
RDGX
RED DAWN
OKI6

STEEL SPIDER
JUST REVENGE
OKI5
BROKEN HOME
REBEL YELL
STAR BURST-4

Random Cynic

Random Cynic

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
Agree with wounded warrior. One of my guys was blown up last year and suffered TBI w/concussion. Spent some time in the hospital and they ended up giving him a wounded warrior bag. In it contained clothes, shirts, pants, and various other gear so he had something to wear while he was in the CAS.

Blackbird

Blackbird

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX
Definitely wounded warrior.
Posted Image

Metal

Metal

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationNeosho Missouri
Deffinitely and 100% any organization that helps wounded veterans and their families, IE Wounded Warrior, Green Beret Foundation, ect.

I also liked helping the USMC down at Fort Hood with their Toys For Tots Foundation.
"Listen dammit! We will win." James Hettfield

"Give up motherf***er, every body has to die!" Corey Taylor

Posted Image

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,294 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK

I also liked helping the USMC down at Fort Hood with their Toys For Tots Foundation.

AMS will have an Toys for Tots event, either local to OK or in the Midwest.
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

Ziet

Ziet

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationI don't know..... ask me when I'm found.
I would like to possibly see AMS help out Soldiers' Angels. They send out care packages to troops overseas (ie Afghanistan) with basic things like hygiene items and stuff to write home.
Op Broken Home
RDGX
OKI6
Jericho
Red Dawn
Just Revenge
Steel Spider

Kilroy

Kilroy

MAKO TV

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO
KONY 2012 *snicker*

But seriously, I know we portray the roles of SF, HSLD, Army Dudes but what about organizations that aren't directly veteran/wounded operator related?

IE: Water.org, Breast Cancer Foundation, etc.

I mean, I love water and Boobs. I want to share them with people.
Posted Image

Beaver

Beaver

AMS RSO

• AMS Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO
I'll side with either, and, or Wounded Warriors or Soldiers' Angels. Both hit close to home for me and are doing great things to assist with Soldier welfare away and at home.

One need not destroy one's enemy. One need only destroy his willingness to engage.
--Sun Tzu

Let the wolves eat...
--Wolf Brigade

http://americanmilsi...nd-regulations/

dirtpro

dirtpro

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK
I would like to see AML back the Dave Roever foundation. I realize that some may have a problem with it being a Christian organization but they do alot of "permanent good" with what they get. Dave Roever was a brown water black beret in Vietnam and was injured when a grenade went off next to his head

More on Dave Roever:
http://www.roeverfou...dave_roever.php

The foundation:
http://www.roeverfou...org/history.php

The Milsim Perspective Website

El Toro vs. Mission, Mission team (05), Beauty Queen, UN (08), OKI 2, green (08), OKI3, green (09), OKI 5, CDF (10), Black Op, Blufor (11), OKI 6, green 1-1 (11), Counter Strike, Insurgents (11), Black Op 2, Blufor (11), Battle For Liberty, Insurgents (11), Wintergarden 3, Pakistani SSG (11), Covert Action, Republican Guard (12), Night Strike, SOF (12) Broken Home, Green 1-1 (12), Rebel Yell CDF group 1 (12), Reindeer Games Blufor SoF (12), White Whisper SoF-D (13), Doubloon 2 Green Recon (13), Back to Saigon LRRP (13), Eastwind 7 U.S. 1st Sqd RTO (14), Broken Home 3 Cost Recon Det. ATL (14) Eastwind 8 U.S. 3rd Sqd Ldr (15), Broken Home 4 Cost C Co. RTO (15), 1Shepherd Spring FTX (15), 1Shepherd One Warrior Tab (15), Assault on Derbent RUSFOR 2PLT Ldr (15)

Prevailing Vision TL (04-06), Oklahoma Badlands Rregulators R, AR, APL, TL, SL (2011~), 1Shepherd, Aco (2013-

"I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team. I defer to it and sacrifice for it because the team, not the individual is the ultimate champion."

SIMS

SIMS

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFort Smith, AR
I have to say Wounded Warrior Project. Thats Probably because i am the local Rep here!
Posted Image

SABRE 06

SABRE 06

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKS
My vote goes to the Wounded Warrior Project as well.
"If the enemy thinks of the mountains, attack like the sea; and if he thinks of the sea, attack like the mountains."
- Miyamoto Musashi

Titan

Titan

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAt the objective
Maybe the Salvation Army. Afterall, we are for years into the "greatest depression" and as their motto goes they are "doing the most good". I can also side with kilroy because I do love boobs! Maybe something a little less commercial than susan g. komen like just the breast cancer foundation.
"If the enemy is large, then we are fast"

"With all the damn pockets on that plate carrier, how do you remember which one your wife put you in balls in?" -an ode to no one in particular but all that it applies to

SABRE 03

SABRE 03

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationKansas City
I have a few votes:

Wounded Warrior Project: For obvious reasons, unfortunately from what I have heard (word of mouth, apply a grain of salt) is that their operating costs eat up more money than what they give back. Still a great cause obviously! I should also clarify that is not a jab at you Sims! I have just heard comments about the top side of the organization.

Special Operations Warrior Fund: Supports families that have lost a loved one while operating under SOCOM and their affiliates. This one is neat, as the money goes to provide tuition assistance for the children of the fallen Soldier, as well as "survival" money to help the grieving family in the immediate aftermath of their loss.
http://www.specialop...uttheFoundation

Kilroy, I like your idea of other charities as well, my thought would be something a little less pink though. Something like prostate cancer awareness... Something a little off the beaten path, but JUST AS IMPORTANT IMHO. :)

PinkTiger

PinkTiger

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Kilroy, I like your idea of other charities as well, my thought would be something a little less pink though. Something like prostate cancer awareness... Something a little off the beaten path, but JUST AS IMPORTANT IMHO.

What's wrong with PINK?! J/K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have PMS and a gun. Anymore stupid questions?

Posted Image

SIMS

SIMS

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFort Smith, AR

I have a few votes:

Wounded Warrior Project: For obvious reasons, unfortunately from what I have heard (word of mouth, apply a grain of salt) is that their operating costs eat up more money than what they give back. Still a great cause obviously! I should also clarify that is not a jab at you Sims! I have just heard comments about the top side of the organization.

Its ok, sadly i have heard the same thing and i believe its true!
Posted Image

Smoker

Smoker

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnknown
82 cents of every dollar Wounded Warrior Project recieves goes directly to wound soldiers. As a non-profit they have to make their finicials available to the public.

Link to fincials - http://www.woundedwa...financials.aspx

To to set the record straight they helped my son when he needed it.
Smoker
President, CEO
Skulduggery, Inc.

“Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands and hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.”
H.L. Mencken

Subotai

Subotai

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Location80005
Here's one that's a little change of pace: Worldwide Impact Now.

WIN is run by a Green Beret colonel that retired as commander of the 10th SF. The group focuses on outreach to the oppressed ethnic minorities in Burma. These Burmese tribes were our loyal allies during World War II and who knows when, and how, after that. WIN is not only a humanitarian mission but also helps the oppressed in Burma organize, coordinate, and document humanitarian crimes committed by the regime.

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.worldwide-impact-now.org/

Wolfman

Wolfman

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationEdmond, OK
I don't know if there is a foundation for this, but what about something for homeless vets? I see them all over OKC. It says they are a vet on their sign (true?). I don't know if there is a way to verify. I just think it's disappointing that there seems to be a lot of homeless vets.
Old boys have their playthings as well as young ones; the difference is only in the price. -Benjamin Franklin

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks. -Thomas Jefferson

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. -Thomas Jefferson

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever. -Thomas Jefferson

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. -Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users