American MilSim
TheJP

What foundations would you like to se AMS support?

The familys here at BAMC here in San Antonio Tx. Most all of our troops that get hurt come here. And they have long trem care here. They need to have things that we all need when we travel. Soap,tooth paste, snacks (a big part of my work out) but a lot of them dont have the money to take care of home and kids and be here. So I would say BAMC.

Agree with wounded warrior. One of my guys was blown up last year and suffered TBI w/concussion. Spent some time in the hospital and they ended up giving him a wounded warrior bag. In it contained clothes, shirts, pants, and various other gear so he had something to wear while he was in the CAS.

Deffinitely and 100% any organization that helps wounded veterans and their families, IE Wounded Warrior, Green Beret Foundation, ect.

I also liked helping the USMC down at Fort Hood with their Toys For Tots Foundation.

I would like to possibly see AMS help out Soldiers' Angels. They send out care packages to troops overseas (ie Afghanistan) with basic things like hygiene items and stuff to write home.

KONY 2012 *snicker*

But seriously, I know we portray the roles of SF, HSLD, Army Dudes but what about organizations that aren't directly veteran/wounded operator related?

IE: Water.org, Breast Cancer Foundation, etc.

I mean, I love water and Boobs. I want to share them with people.

I would like to see AML back the Dave Roever foundation. I realize that some may have a problem with it being a Christian organization but they do alot of "permanent good" with what they get. Dave Roever was a brown water black beret in Vietnam and was injured when a grenade went off next to his head

More on Dave Roever:

http://www.roeverfoundation.org/meet_dave_roever.php

The foundation:

http://www.roeverfoundation.org/history.php

Maybe the Salvation Army. Afterall, we are for years into the "greatest depression" and as their motto goes they are "doing the most good". I can also side with kilroy because I do love boobs! Maybe something a little less commercial than susan g. komen like just the breast cancer foundation.

I have a few votes:

Wounded Warrior Project: For obvious reasons, unfortunately from what I have heard (word of mouth, apply a grain of salt) is that their operating costs eat up more money than what they give back. Still a great cause obviously! I should also clarify that is not a jab at you Sims! I have just heard comments about the top side of the organization.

Special Operations Warrior Fund: Supports families that have lost a loved one while operating under SOCOM and their affiliates. This one is neat, as the money goes to provide tuition assistance for the children of the fallen Soldier, as well as "survival" money to help the grieving family in the immediate aftermath of their loss.

http://www.specialop...uttheFoundation

Kilroy, I like your idea of other charities as well, my thought would be something a little less pink though. Something like prostate cancer awareness... Something a little off the beaten path, but JUST AS IMPORTANT IMHO. :)

Kilroy, I like your idea of other charities as well, my thought would be something a little less pink though. Something like prostate cancer awareness... Something a little off the beaten path, but JUST AS IMPORTANT IMHO.

What's wrong with PINK?! J/K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few votes:

Wounded Warrior Project: For obvious reasons, unfortunately from what I have heard (word of mouth, apply a grain of salt) is that their operating costs eat up more money than what they give back. Still a great cause obviously! I should also clarify that is not a jab at you Sims! I have just heard comments about the top side of the organization.

Its ok, sadly i have heard the same thing and i believe its true!

82 cents of every dollar Wounded Warrior Project recieves goes directly to wound soldiers. As a non-profit they have to make their finicials available to the public.

Link to fincials - http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/mission/financials.aspx

To to set the record straight they helped my son when he needed it.

Here's one that's a little change of pace: Worldwide Impact Now.

WIN is run by a Green Beret colonel that retired as commander of the 10th SF. The group focuses on outreach to the oppressed ethnic minorities in Burma. These Burmese tribes were our loyal allies during World War II and who knows when, and how, after that. WIN is not only a humanitarian mission but also helps the oppressed in Burma organize, coordinate, and document humanitarian crimes committed by the regime.

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.worldwide-impact-now.org/

I don't know if there is a foundation for this, but what about something for homeless vets? I see them all over OKC. It says they are a vet on their sign (true?). I don't know if there is a way to verify. I just think it's disappointing that there seems to be a lot of homeless vets.

I know many want to support vets.... what about the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and Make a Wish? I'm currently dating a girl with CF and both the CF foundation and Make a Wish have helped her and her family out. These organizations I would like to see supported.

just my 2 cents, but how about colon cancer?

im actually in treatment for this , and believe me it sucks ass. but early detection is key to the fight, im a stage 3 , but going down according to my doc....so yeah, just sayn.

- Wounded Warrior Project

- St. Jude's Research Hospital (A children's hospital that focuses on children with catastrophic diseases)

- A.L.S. Family Charitable Foundation (They assist with families and patients who have A.L.S or Lou Gehrig's disease)

I believe it should be any organization that helps veterans,and wounded warriors, or assists in the fight against diseases such as CF, cancer, STD's, and so on and so forth. I believe as I'm sure everyone else here does, that those men and women who risk their lives for our country past or present, should be paid back for their invaluable service, they protected us, so I would like to see them protected as well.

Just my opinion.