American MilSim
Yankee-DTA

2014 Medic rules. No excuses!

I honestly DO NOT like any rule that allows a teammate to be split up from the squad. Blacksheep had it down where any member of the squad could be revived any number of times until the medic was out of bandages, then the entire squad went back to FOB. Dying in buildings and needing to split from the squad is also a bad decision to me. Trying to stick together under the current medic rules was hard enough. And holding people at FOB isn't going to sit well with people wanting to see action all the time, wanting to get their monies worth. Building play (which is what this AO is primarily about) is going to be crippled if some changes aren't made.

The best possible way to do this is to fully utilize the medics in the builds. You carry 2 bandages, use em. When you're all KIA or combat ineffective then you can vacate the buildings, then you can go back to respawn and try again. If we are not going to use medics in the buildings, might as well just scrap the idea of medics for this Op. But I do agree with pre-tieing medic bands. When someone goes down in a real world situation, it's not like you can just pre-tie shit. Having to actually work at it as a medic makes not only the medic role useful, but having the medic role more hands on. Using medics went well for Shelby, and it needs to be the same. If not, it comes to what I to refer to as the "Sovereign Fury Clusterfuck", in which you fight over buildings so much and they change hands faster than they should, you wind up with just a big clusterfuck over builds. Things get bored and stale that way. You get bored with that and it gets to the point to where you don't even want to fight for the buildings, you just want to stay outside. Being able to use what you have is the best possible route to go. Also, having a 4 foot long bandage is just to much. 2 feet is more than perfect. The same with the drag rule. If your medic cannot get to you, it's up to you to carry your teammate to the medic if you can. I like that aspect. But of course there are some exceptions to that rule. I'm not gonna drag a teammate through broken glass or over something that could potentially hurt the person. 

Also, like other teams, squad cohesion is key. If the medic rule states that you have to leave the moment you are KIA, I'm going to tell my guys not to do that. I'm not going to have my squad split up just cause of a rule, I'm going to keep everyone together. I will say just stand in a corner and put your dead rag on. And when it comes to it that we are all KIA or I say we are combat ineffective, we will leave as a unit. Cause everyone knows that if you split up with your team, chances are it'll be a while till you see them again. That's just how things go. Yea, you're main point is to get back to your squad, but when you're traveling back to your team something always pops up, you gotta go shoot here and shoot there. I've seen it many times at other OPs that squads are just scattered. But that's also on the team leader of that squad. 

Also, one thing I want to touch on; IFAKs. We all carry them so It's time to utilize them properly. What I'd like to see if that you carry one bandage on your person in your IFAK. If you get hit, it is your priority to bandage that wound from your own medical supplies that you carry. Cause the sole purpose of an IFAK is so you can bandage yourself til real medical help can get to you. The second bandage, your squad medic carries. After the 2nd hit, you are unable to medic yourself cause your supplies are depleted from your IFAK and you must seek proper medical attention. Your medic comes over, takes a bandage out of his med kit and covers your wound. After all bandages are used, then you all respawn. That's what I'd like to see. It would really take the IFAK to the next level. 

But in short, allow medics to do their job in the buildings. Keep the drag rule, and the bandages need to 2' long. 

Is it 4' stretched or unstretched? This will make a huge difference in what kind of bandage to use. If you are going by unstretched then there is no need to cut a bandage because it is already pretty close to 4'.  If you mean 4' of stretched bandage then you are left with very little bandage to work with. I ask for this to be clarified because the two common sizes of bandage stretches 5 yards to 10 yards. That is a lot of bandage to work with.

The best possible way to do this is to fully utilize the medics in the builds. You carry 2 bandages, use em. When you're all KIA or combat ineffective then you can vacate the buildings, then you can go back to respawn and try again. If we are not going to use medics in the buildings, might as well just scrap the idea of medics for this Op. But I do agree with pre-tieing medic bands. When someone goes down in a real world situation, it's not like you can just pre-tie shit. Having to actually work at it as a medic makes not only the medic role useful, but having the medic role more hands on. Using medics went well for Shelby, and it needs to be the same. If not, it comes to what I to refer to as the "Sovereign Fury Clusterfuck", in which you fight over buildings so much and they change hands faster than they should, you wind up with just a big clusterfuck over builds. Things get bored and stale that way. You get bored with that and it gets to the point to where you don't even want to fight for the buildings, you just want to stay outside. Being able to use what you have is the best possible route to go. Also, having a 4 foot long bandage is just to much. 2 feet is more than perfect. The same with the drag rule. If your medic cannot get to you, it's up to you to carry your teammate to the medic if you can. I like that aspect. But of course there are some exceptions to that rule. I'm not gonna drag a teammate through broken glass or over something that could potentially hurt the person. 

Also, like other teams, squad cohesion is key. If the medic rule states that you have to leave the moment you are KIA, I'm going to tell my guys not to do that. I'm not going to have my squad split up just cause of a rule, I'm going to keep everyone together. I will say just stand in a corner and put your dead rag on. And when it comes to it that we are all KIA or I say we are combat ineffective, we will leave as a unit. Cause everyone knows that if you split up with your team, chances are it'll be a while till you see them again. That's just how things go. Yea, you're main point is to get back to your squad, but when you're traveling back to your team something always pops up, you gotta go shoot here and shoot there. I've seen it many times at other OPs that squads are just scattered. But that's also on the team leader of that squad. 

Also, one thing I want to touch on; IFAKs. We all carry them so It's time to utilize them properly. What I'd like to see if that you carry one bandage on your person in your IFAK. If you get hit, it is your priority to bandage that wound from your own medical supplies that you carry. Cause the sole purpose of an IFAK is so you can bandage yourself til real medical help can get to you. The second bandage, your squad medic carries. After the 2nd hit, you are unable to medic yourself cause your supplies are depleted from your IFAK and you must seek proper medical attention. Your medic comes over, takes a bandage out of his med kit and covers your wound. After all bandages are used, then you all respawn. That's what I'd like to see. It would really take the IFAK to the next level. 

But in short, allow medics to do their job in the buildings. Keep the drag rule, and the bandages need to 2' long. 

And then all the airsofters said... Amen

My only question on this whole matter is-Why are people comparing two different promoters?

Even though I have not played All of AMS's ops, and do not care for some of the rules, I still play it

Simple enough, I'd say if you dont like them then either A-Quit complaining and deal with it (as I do/have). Or B-Don't play them

Stop trying to compare AMS to Blacksheep, or Lionclaws, or Whoever, they're Completely different sets of people who've set their rules according to how they see it works best

Now, does this mean that All rules are perfect? By all means, no. Hence the constant feedback with these guys Trying to make everyone enjoy their time playing by Their rules

tl;dr- Quit complaining and stop trying to make everyone the same

As with what OP Mr Double-Tap said. Well said, couldn't agree more

My only question on this whole matter is-Why are people comparing two different promoters?

Even though I have not played All of AMS's ops, and do not care for some of the rules, I still play it

Simple enough, I'd say if you dont like them then either A-Quit complaining and deal with it (as I do/have). Or B-Don't play them

Stop trying to compare AMS to Blacksheep, or Lionclaws, or Whoever, they're Completely different sets of people who've set their rules according to how they see it works best

Now, does this mean that All rules are perfect? By all means, no. Hence the constant feedback with these guys Trying to make everyone enjoy their time playing by Their rules

tl;dr- Quit complaining and stop trying to make everyone the same

As with what OP Mr Double-Tap said. Well said, couldn't agree more

Its a discussion.  So by the very definition of a discussion, different thoughts and ideologies are talked about.

If promoter A has a rule set that has been met with great success, then in a discussion, it would be prudent to to bring forth that particular set of rules, as they may be adopted, refined, improved upon, and possibly used with even greater success.

In addition, if a particular idea or concept is a good one, and it is embraced by the community, then why would others not want to adopt it, and thus be "the same".  There will ALWAYS be differences in events and promoters at every level, but if certain aspects are "the same", and are universally thought of as good rules, then it only would benefit everyone.

All that being said, it would not be a stretch to say that you are actually the only one complaining...  MIND FUCK...

OK since JP asked for suggestion on this topic I will add mine.  This was compiled form multiple venues and some of my own thoughts. Please understand that this is only suggestions and that I in no way think my way is the only way or that it is better than anyone else.

I have deleted some rules and replaced them with suggestions that also have a different font.

MEDIC RULES

A.

Each squad will have two medics designated, one per fire team

There is no time requirement for a medic to regenerate a “wounded†player. The medic must get to the wounded player, or others can bring the wounded player to the medic, and as soon as the bandage is wrapped the wounded player is back in the fight.

B.
C.

D. Medic CAN NOT re-use bandages from "dead" players. 
E. A medic may not treat himself; only another medic can give them aid.
F

All medic rules apply indoor and outdoor.

G. Wounded players may be physically "dragged, carried, lifted, etc.." to a medic by any means that is NOT UNDER THEIR OWN POWER.

H. Wounded players are NON AMBULATORY.

I. All Players must have an IFAK on their person that contains TWO (2) ace type bandages for the medic to treat them with.(CAT of SOFT-Ttourniquets are not acceptable)

A player must use their own bandages first, any time past that the bandage must come from another player within their own squad in order to be back in the fight.  When all bandages have been used the entire squad must withdraw and return to FOB for regeneration.

J. Medics must WRAP and tuck the bandages around the players arm, they are NOT allowed to TIE or have pre-made loops in which to tie the bandage onto a player.

K. Bandages must be a MINIMUM of 4 ft (48in) in length each.

Squads should stick together at all times.

Squad leaders should report Readiness Condition (REDCON) to their Command Post

*** REDCON 1 *** Squad is 100% mission capable on personnel (example 11 or more squad members are ready)

*** REDCON 2 *** Squad is 75% mission capable on personnel (example 10-8 squad members are ready)

*** REDCON 3 *** Squad is 50% mission capable on personnel (example 7-5 squad members are ready) REPORT THIS LEVEL TO COMMAND

*** REDCON 4 *** Squad is 25% mission capable on personnel (example 4-3 squad members are ready) REPORT THIS LEVEL TO COMMAND

*** REDCON 5 *** Squad is 10% mission capable on personnel (example 2 squad members are ready) If a squad suffers 90% casualties they must disengage from the area they were defending or attacking with red flags on their heads and move to their respective FOB for regeneration and REPORT THIS LEVEL TO COMMAND

i still think 4' bandage is too long and wraping a CAT around me serves the same purpose. #REALSIM

This rule exists for the following reasons

1 It is meant to take a little time.  It's imposable to replicate the complexities of battlefield trauma in an airsoft game.  The point is that it takes a few extra seconds to wrap a bandage around someone's arm when it is this long.  Every injury on the battlefield will not be a penetrating gun shot wound to an upper extremity.

2 CAT's go on quick.  When you prep them to be used one handed, you just put your arm through them, pull them tight and hook the velcro which negates reason #1.

3 Everyone doesn't have CAT tourniquets

4 ACE type bandages are cheap and easy to get your hands on.

This is a 4ft 6in long by 2in wide ACE wrap.

0KRJGmt.jpg

It wraps around my skinny bare arm 5 1/2 times.  This is with no BDU sleeve to wrap around.

gT6WyaC.jpg

I feel like some people think that 4ft is much longer then it really is.

I personally like the 4' bandage rule. It makes the medics have to do more than basically just tap someone back into the game. On the other hand, I still think due to the make up of this AO you should be able to medic inside of buildings.

Is it 4' stretched or unstretched? This will make a huge difference in what kind of bandage to use. If you are going by unstretched then there is no need to cut a bandage because it is already pretty close to 4'.  If you mean 4' of stretched bandage then you are left with very little bandage to work with. I ask for this to be clarified because the two common sizes of bandage stretches 5 yards to 10 yards. That is a lot of bandage to work with.

I must have overlooked this question before.  4ft un-stretched.  You don't have to stretch them out and make them tight, they just have to wrap around.  I know it gets uncomfortable if it's too tight.

Alright guys I brought this to everyone's attention and we discussed it.  You guys have made some good arguments, and we made a change.  The following notice is pinned to the top in the main Ironclad forum, I just wanted to post it here so anyone following this thread will get the notification.

There has been some discussion on the forums regarding the medic rules which led to AMS sitting down and having a discussion of our own. 

In regards to not using medics in structures.  Originally the intent of the rule was to give attacking forces a more level ground when attacking structures.  You ended up with 12 guys behind cover hosing attackers running across open ground.  With the addition of semi auto only this isn't viewed as much of a factor any more.  In addition to this, we try to keep everything as simple as it can be so we are amending the medic rules to allow the use of medics inside buildings just as they are used outside of buildings.  The same medic rules will apply to the entire AO.

The rule stating that the length of the bandage will be 4ft long will stand.  It's impossible to replicate real battlefield injuries that require time for a medic to assess and treat at airsoft games.  The longer bandage is supposed to take a little longer to wrap around the extremity to simulate the medic having to take time to work on a casualty, which still will not take that long. 

The AMS Ruleset has been amended to reflect this change.

Alright guys I brought this to everyone's attention and we discussed it. You guys have made some good arguments, and we made a change. The following notice is pinned to the top in the main Ironclad forum, I just wanted to post it here so anyone following this thread will get the notification.

There has been some discussion on the forums regarding the medic rules which led to AMS sitting down and having a discussion of our own.

In regards to not using medics in structures. Originally the intent of the rule was to give attacking forces a more level ground when attacking structures. You ended up with 12 guys behind cover hosing attackers running across open ground. With the addition of semi auto only this isn't viewed as much of a factor any more. In addition to this, we try to keep everything as simple as it can be so we are amending the medic rules to allow the use of medics inside buildings just as they are used outside of buildings. The same medic rules will apply to the entire AO.

The rule stating that the length of the bandage will be 4ft long will stand. It's impossible to replicate real battlefield injuries that require time for a medic to assess and treat at airsoft games. The longer bandage is supposed to take a little longer to wrap around the extremity to simulate the medic having to take time to work on a casualty, which still will not take that long.

The AMS Ruleset has been amended to reflect this change.

Awesome!!!!

Guest Jarrado

Will we be allowed to rotate our medics to another player within the team at the FOB?