American MilSim
jonsteg

CoST Uniform Exceptions

..... It would be pretty obvious that someone is not wearing the correct camo before the game begins on Saturday.

You'd think. Somehow a squad of Kryptek Highlander got overlooked both days at OBH3. Maybe admin confused it with Nomad.

Kinda sat bad with our squad who'd been told Highlander was cleared for Broken Home by an AMS staff member at Kings Court only to have the same member tell us no go, only Nomad was good, when we were verifying prior to BH3. Our team had purchased Highlander off the ok at Kings court.

We followed the rules and rolled MC.

I truly hope those people considering not attending because their team camo isn't approved reconsider, you won't be disappointed! If you truly want to attend I'd try to find approved camo.

Many events have only a few camos allowed and still max out attendance. Lets start a war here...Lion Claws, MSW, TMA, Black Sheep, should I keep going? It is a simple observation. I understand people want to look all cool in the new camo. Well go look cool at your local play. M81, marpat, aor, solid green vs multicam, solid tan, dcu, desert marpat, aor. simple simple simple. easy to find, plenty of crye looking replica crap, real if you can find and afford it. Simple simple simple. As for less people attending, I am all about exclusion. make it worth the trip and time. you put in the effort to match the rules, play at the event, and have a blast. Iron Clad has a player cap as it already stands. losing a few over camo simply opens it for others. rough fact of reality. Events have rules, play by them. 

"Big" events are never about the local player base it is about the serious players who are willing to travel great distances.  

Those players are by and large much more interested in a more stringent event that keeps the kiddies at bay and as such tend to latch on to events and event hosts who, like Alex here, stick to their guns.  

I would say that fewer camo patterns would be the better route than more.  Particularly when you have sub-set camos that share a common basic name such as the Kryptek stuff.  

Did we lose potential attendees here?  Perhaps...   Perhaps they will also come around.   Loosen the standards a tidge and I'll wager you would lose more players than you might have lost here.  

Successful events are milsim events.  

Milsim events have standards.  

People who will meet the standards are the people most of us want to play with.  

BTW, if you think AMS is restrictive, you ain't seen nothin yet.

http://www.operationeastwind.com/ << These guys wrote the book on being jerks about gear.  

"Big" events are never about the local player base it is about the serious players who are willing to travel great distances.  

Those players are by and large much more interested in a more stringent event that keeps the kiddies at bay and as such tend to latch on to events and event hosts who, like Alex here, stick to their guns.  

I would say that fewer camo patterns would be the better route than more.  Particularly when you have sub-set camos that share a common basic name such as the Kryptek stuff.  

Did we lose potential attendees here?  Perhaps...   Perhaps they will also come around.   Loosen the standards a tidge and I'll wager you would lose more players than you might have lost here.  

Successful events are milsim events.  

Milsim events have standards.  

People who will meet the standards are the people most of us want to play with.  

BTW, if you think AMS is restrictive, you ain't seen nothin yet.

http://www.operationeastwind.com/ << These guys wrote the book on being jerks about gear.  

Yeah. Okay. I get it. Now why don't we just let this thread die already? I tried, and as we all can see, I failed. No reason to piss on me now when I got the message when Alex humbly wrote AMS's response on here. Goodnight. 

The point of a discussion is not to have your way.  

The point of a discussion is to exchange points of view.  

You have not failed and nobody is pissing on you.   We are talking about why events do what events do.  

At a prior event, Woodland was the common camo. But then came a Russian team, with this outfit. I have to say, I loved that they pulled a real camo patter that was wild given the sedate Woodland dominance. And when they hoped through a window, everybody said "look at the Russians make that window hop!".

soviet_camo.jpg

Yeah that pattern was apparently bb proof.

This whole discussion is moot. The uniforms requirements are clearly stated, please follow them.

As Mr. Swayze pointed out they are called "uniforms" for a reason.

It boggles me how anyone that is going to pay 135+ dollars to attend a national event does not own M81, MC, or any type of Desert Camo.

I don't want to say Flecktarn will "never" be allowed, who knows maybe the German's will someday come to the aid of the Coalition!

In the mean time I am locking this thread as it's run it's course.