American MilSim
FD3S

Quick Uniform Question

I've searched and searched but can't answer my own question. The question being, do uniforms HAVE to be a camo? Or can we wear camouflage pants and just a base color shirt? I'd like to wear Kryptek Mandrake Pants and just a long sleeve or short sleeve green shirt. Is that permitted?

I'm sorry if this has been answered before. Thanks Everyone!

Your tops should match your bottoms.  Also, your squad should match to give the impression of a team, and not a group of individuals.  We are going to clarify some uniform questions in the rule section shortly.

I am sure that this question has been asked before by someone else in another thread about uniforms at Ironclad; but the squeeky wheel gets the grease. My squad usually runs German flecktarn and although it is NOT listed in the approved camouflages for AMS Ironclad at AO Shelby but I was wondering how many people wanting to use flecktarn would it take to make command reconsider permitting it?

If your whole squd runs the same type of flecktan I wouldnt think they would have a problem, I'm not completely sure how they would feel but as long as you have the right color for the right faction I would think they would let your squad use it.

If your whole squd runs the same type of flecktan I wouldnt think they would have a problem, I'm not completely sure how they would feel but as long as you have the right color for the right faction I would think they would let your squad use it.

I appreciate your eagerness to help, but your first post in this forum has put out incorrect information to a question that would better be answered by staff.  Also, this question has been answered in probably 5 places on this forum, and is clarified in the AMS ruleset.  Only authorized uniforms are allowed.  These vary slightly from event to event and are posted in the registration page when registration for events opens.  

Alex, what would it take to get unauthorized camouflages authorized?  I.E. Flecktarn, DPM...

Also, what is the criteria of making said camouflages authorized/unauthorized? Public opinion, amount of usage, actively used, availability...

Adding more uniforms is exactly the opposite of the direction a milsim type event should be going.  

MOST average weekend airsoft skirmishes are open plays with no uniformity, most airsoft is for most people.  Milsim players are, in general not looking for most airsoft, they are looking for milsim.

Milsim = uniform requirements

Uniforms = uniformity 

Adding more uniforms is going the wrong way. 

Adding actively used uniforms is going the wrong way, while allowing solid colour uniforms is the right way?

I am failing to see your logic here.

Edit: Would still appreciate what the criteria is.  If you need a specific camo, I am looking at DPM (Disruptive Pattern Material)

Adding ANY more uniforms is the wrong way.  I do not care if they are current service McDonalds drive thru guy uniforms.  

More = bad.  

I am pretty sure that the criteria is the same as it is with any event.  The people in charge decide, the rest live with it.   

If you want to wear a zoot suit with floppy pimp hat and goldfish shoes you need to either plan to do that at an open play event or start your own milsim event where that is the assigned uniform .  When you are traveling to a serious milsim event you had best learn to get along with uniform requirements because all the successful milsim events have them.  

Adding ANY more uniforms is the wrong way.  I do not care if they are current service McDonalds drive thru guy uniforms.  

More = bad.  

I am pretty sure that the criteria is the same as it is with any event.  The people in charge decide, the rest live with it.   

If you want to wear a zoot suit with floppy pimp hat and goldfish shoes you need to either plan to do that at an open play event or start your own milsim event where that is the assigned uniform .  When you are traveling to a serious milsim event you had best learn to get along with uniform requirements because all the successful milsim events have them.  

I don't understand the hostility here, as I am asking a serious question about a serious camouflage pattern.  You act as if I am asking "Can I wear tan and be on green?"

I am simply asking what criteria must be met in order to get a certain type allowed, and as you do not seem to have the answer I am not heeding your replies.

I am not being hostile, I am just not telling you what you want to hear.  There is a big difference.  

Successful airsoft events are not a democracy.  The guys in charge determine what they are doing,  post what they are doing, then do what they are doing.  

"What they are doing" can be found in the rules and requirements you have been linked to already.  

As far as whether you are heeding my replies or not, that matters little to me since in all reality, the point of a public forum is for OTHER people to read replies and understand how things work.   That way, perhaps the guys who do things like use the search function, or read past posts before asking the same question for the 447th time will perhaps read this and not end up asking the same question yet again.  

Successful airsoft events are not a democracy.  The guys in charge determine what they are doing,  post what they are doing, then do what they are doing. 

You see, the fact remains that I have still not been told why they are doing what they are doing.  I understand you need some sort of uniformity throughout the event, however if you already have five different camouflages per side, I am trying to understand why there is an issue with adding a largely popular type.  I am not asking them to, nor am I telling them they have to or I will not attend, I am simply wondering why it is not, and what, if I could do anything to, get it adjusted.

Probably because they already have five different uniforms per side and it causes enough headaches as it is.  

They probably have not responded directly to this thread because they answer this same question over and over again and they are likely getting tired of doing so.  

Alex, what would it take to get unauthorized camouflages authorized?  I.E. Flecktarn, DPM...

Also, what is the criteria of making said camouflages authorized/unauthorized? Public opinion, amount of usage, actively used, availability...

As stated above there are multiple topics regarding this exact question about multiple different camo patterns, but they are spread throughout a few sub forums.  It is our belief that limiting camo patterns leads to a more uniform appearance, which enhances the overall experience of the player.  We feel that we offer enough camo patterns as authorized to give players options on what they can wear.  Furthermore, the storyline that all of these events play off of is basically a modern day US Civil War.  All of the faction camo's that are in use are primarily US developed and made camo patterns.  DPM and Flecktarn are non US camo patterns.  There isn't really a system in place to have new camo patterns added to the approved list. It is something that is occasionally talked about in meetings based on what the community requests, but often goes right back to the previous statement about US camo patterns.  Finally, no additions will be made for the rest of they calendar year regardless.  Faded Giant is the last OP of the year following the CoST/UFS storyline and as registration is already opened, no changes will be made to the rules or requirements for either Ironclad, or Faded Giant. 

Those patterns will be added when we host an AMS event across the pond. ;)

But in all seriousness, while I admire your enthusiasm we have NO PLANS to add Flecktarn or DPM to our allowed patterns. Players not adhering the our uniform rules will simple be asked to leave the AO and not welcomed back to future AMS event. 

Period, end of story.